pixeltracker

DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!- Page 4

DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#75DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/20/17 at 3:32pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Just want to say, real quick, I hope the girl who stole a playbill from a younger girl at the stagedoor yesterday has a change of heart, and attempts to right her wrongdoing. Such a selfish act, and spoiled what should've been a special experience for that young girl."

Was it really that bad out there? I left after Laura, but i guess it just got worse from that point on. Did she ever get compensated or anything?

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#76DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/20/17 at 6:29pm

I just timed it. The ovation lasts for about 50 seconds. 

MtTemple4 Profile Photo
MtTemple4
#77DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/20/17 at 11:01pm

volveeta said: "Margo... Rachel's a friend and I can't begin to imagine what "So Big, So Small" was like today. If you wouldn't mind, I'd love to hear your thoughts and description of this beautiful moment. I would have given ANYTHING to have been there. It must have been incredibly emotional. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you."

i was there yesterday. It was my tenth time seeing Ben and ninth seeing Rachel (said only to explain that I’ve seen So Big So Small many times). What stood out most to me was how much longer Rachel paused between “and I did, and I do, and I will.” It was heartbreaking and heartwarming all at the same time. That song always gets me and it was indeed extra special yesterday. 

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#78DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 1:01am

poisonivy2 said: "I just timed it. The ovation lasts for about 50 seconds."

wow. (obvi thats just what ben deserved) but the fact that people think they can just lie so hard about something knowing people were also probably at the show too and can explain otherwise is just....sad!

mamaleh
#80DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 7:37am

Hugh Jackman—who knows something about tumultuous crowds at a final performance (THE BOY FROM OZ) — tweeted that on Ben Platt’s final performance day he would be making his 4th visit to DEH. Previously Jackman had called BP’s performance the best male performance in a musical he had ever seen, an opinion many ascribed to Jackman during his own fabled run in TBFO. I love how so many performers are so generous and genuine in their admiration of colleagues.

MtTemple4 Profile Photo
MtTemple4
#81DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 9:01am

volveeta said: "MtTemple4, thank you so much for that!!! I'll bet they were holding each other so tight. Oy it makes me tear up just thinking about it. This is why I love the theatre so much."

They were! Especially at the end. Ahhhh. Happy to share! 

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#82DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 9:26am

This lovely thread celebrating a special day is sad to read, peppered with so much focus on someone who should just be ignored!    I don’t disagree with the negative feelings, but, just block...  don’t feed the troll.

Back to Ben - what an incredible, beautiful, special, emotional performance.   Each moment, each small gesture or smile with his fellow cast members felt sacred.   True love was flowing through the theater, and it felt wonderful to be a part of that.   The laughs were filled with joy and the tender moments were filled with heart.    

i wanted to savor it all, and I’ll remember it forever.   

Bravo to them all.   But, especially to Ben who created something that was a gift to us all.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#83DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 9:36am

poisonivy2 said: "I just timed it. The ovation lasts for about 50 seconds."

Can you provide a link to this?

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#84DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 10:04am

NYadgal said: "This lovely thread celebrating a special day is sad to read, peppered with so much focus on someone who should just be ignored! I don’t disagree with the negative feelings, but, just block... don’t feed the troll.

Back to Ben - what an incredible, beautiful, special, emotional performance. Each moment, eachsmall gesture or smile with his fellow cast members felt sacred. True love was flowing through the theater, and it felt wonderful to be a part of that. The laughs were filled with joy and the tender moments were filled with heart.

i wanted to savor it all, and I’ll remember it forever.

Bravo to them all. But, especially to Ben who created something that was a gift to us all.
"

I agree with all of this. From the very start of the show, I knew it was going to be something very special and unique. As soon as the opening applause died down, and Ben composed himself  to deliver his first lines, there was this look on his face which said, "OK, here we go," acknowledging to the audience that this was not a normal day. The entire show was peppered with moments like this, creating a very meta experience where the actors broke character ever so slightly (and sometimes more than slightly), and used the narrative of the show to say goodbye to Ben, and, in the process, made the audience part of this farewell, in a very profound way. It was a joy to behold.

Updated On: 11/21/17 at 10:04 AM

Dr.Sherman
#85DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 3:26pm

Just curious who anyone else spotted at the performance? In addition to meeting some die-hard fansens, I saw Anthony Rapp, George Wendt, Jonah Platt (of course), Michael Greif, Justin Paul & Steven Levenson (didn't see Benj Pasek), Taylor Trensch, and Beanie Feldstein. I sat in the mezzanine so I wondered if the orchestra was filled with celebs that I missed.

Updated On: 11/21/17 at 03:26 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#86DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 4:42pm

For those who haven't seen it yet, here's a great quality video of Ben's final curtain call:

https://youtu.be/LFWMuCYDQhA

Updated On: 11/21/17 at 04:42 PM

youwillbefound2 Profile Photo
youwillbefound2
#87DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 9:13pm

Any reports on Noah tonight?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#88DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 9:51pm

youwillbefound2 said: "Any reports on Noah tonight?"

As someone who was lucky to catch Ben in the show on the 8th, I’m also interested in reading member reviews of tonight. 

Margo319
#89DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 10:34pm

"Just curious who anyone else spotted at the performance?"

Laura Osnes was in the third or fourth row.   She's so beautiful.  She should be across the street still performing though.   Love her.  

MtTemple4 Profile Photo
MtTemple4
#90DEH November 19 The Day Has Come!
Posted: 11/21/17 at 11:29pm

CT2NYC said: "

From the very start of the show, I knew it was going to be something very special and unique. As soon as the opening applause died down, and Ben composed himselfto deliver his first lines, there was this look on his face which said, "OK, here we go," acknowledging to the audience that this was not a normal day. The entire show was peppered with moments like this, creating a very meta experience where the actors broke character ever so slightly (and sometimes more than slightly), and used the narrative of the show to say goodbye to Ben, and, in the process, madethe audience part of this farewell, in a very profound way. It was a joy to behold."

Thank you for sharing this—so beautifully stated and spot-on. It was indeed a meta experience and WOW what a way to cap off my tenth visit. I’m a very quiet person but when Ben rubbed his hand down Mike’s face during “Sincerely, Me” I involuntarily guffawed. And when he hugged Laura before “Only Us” I lost it. 

I will never forget this experience as long as I live. 

I’m reminded of the part of “What a Wonderful World” that says “friends holding hands, saying how do you do; they’re really saying I love you.” Everyone on that stage was saying I love you and it was a joy to witness.