pixeltracker

How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?- Page 4

How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?

ArtMan
#75How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 5:26pm

mbaker2 said: "What time do priority ticket holders have to get there? Are they guaranteed a spot, since they're let in before general ticket holders?"

Although priority ticket holders will get in before general ticket holders, you are not the first group that goes in.  Network people, friends and their guests of this one's hairdresser, their neighbors, their cousins, etc go in first.  Then priority.  I went to one taping, had priority and was the first one in line and the studio was already 20% filled when they let us in.  That is why, even with priority tickets, you should go EARLY.  Your chances are great regardless, but the better the seat and/or standing position, the earlier you are in line.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#76How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 5:44pm

Something else I think is worth noting; they don't necessarily seat you or place you in the order in which you got in line. The ticket says this: 

• Seating Plan - Producers dictate the seating plan, which is very seldom first-come, first-serve.

I've found that to be true. They're often looking for a certain "look," so sometimes they'll pull people from the line to bring in first and fill in the sections closest to the stage. Getting there early doesn't necessarily mean you'll have the best spot. 

ArtMan
#77How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 6:05pm

#1Elphie said: "Something else I think is worth noting; they don't necessarily seat you or place you in the order in which you got in line. The ticket says this:

• Seating Plan- Producers dictate the seating plan, which is very seldom first-come, first-serve.

I've found that to be true. They're often looking for a certain "look," so sometimes they'll pull people from the line to bring in first and fill in the sections closest to the stage. Getting there early doesn't necessarily mean you'll have the best spot."

I have to disagree.  Unless they consider you too tall (pit spaces) or not wearing an outfit that  looks good on camera,  they will seat/stand you how you are lined up (except at The View it's how you are seated at the tables).  The exception, two people having the same exact color top, they will rearrange you. Or more females than males.  They will rearrange to disperse evenly.  Again this is a special event with a standing pit, so circumstances could be different.  But from all the tapings I have attended in NYC and Hollywood, no one was pulled ahead of our group and let in ahead, because they had a special look.  I still stand by my advice to arrive EARLY.  I will be curious to read on Monday, whether or not my advice rang true.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#78How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 6:15pm

I've seen it happen at multiple 1iota concert events (usually keeping parties together, so pulling pairs or small groups from the main line). Who knows what they'll do for this show, though. I always get there early, and I will for this, but it's worth being aware of the possibility that you won't get the best spot even if you're at the front of the line. 

greenifyme2
#79How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 6:32pm

Elphie, how early do you think is early? It’s already such a long day so I was just going to get there before the 3pm cutoff and hope for the best and be happy to be in the building. Seems as though it’d be hard to keep people in any sort of order with the shuttles?

I’m also super curious where the actual venue is. They seem to be keeping it under wraps.

greenifyme2
#80How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 6:34pm

bstoll1 said: "I got my 2 pit tickets for Sundays live show yesterday afternoon. Now, just have to see if my friend can go with me. Anyone have an inside scoop of what to expect on Sunday? I'm not familiar with the musical. Should I prep by watching a film version or just go and be surprised?"

The recording is already on Spotify! It's been so long since I've seen this show, it's getting me hyped just by listening to the music.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#81How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 6:41pm

greenifyme2 said: "Elphie, how early do you think is early? It’s already such a long day so I was just going to get there before the 3pm cutoff and hope for the best and be happy to be in the building. Seems as though it’d be hard to keep people in any sort of order with the shuttles?

I’m also super curious where the actual venue is. They seem to be keeping it under wraps.
"

It's a good point that they won't really be able to keep people in order because of the shuttles. I think it's more important for people with General tickets to be early because they overbook, and the General ticket holders enter last so they have a chance of being cut off. People with Priority tickets shouldn't have a problem getting in, so if you don't care much where you're sitting (or standing), I'd say as long as you're there by 3, you're fine. I'll probably be there closer to 2.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#82How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 6:54pm

greenifyme2 said: "I’m also super curious where the actual venue is. They seem to be keeping it under wraps."

It's almost like they're going out of their way to cut down on autograph seekers swarming the place all week?! Weird.

greenifyme2
#83How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 7:08pm

haterobics said: "greenifyme2 said: "I’m also super curious where the actual venue is. They seem to be keeping it under wraps."

It's almost like they're going out of their way to cut down on autograph seekers swarming the place all week?! Weird.
"

Oh I’m not an autograph whore so I didn’t even think about that

JennH
#84How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 7:09pm

greenifyme2 said: "Elphie, how early do you think is early? It’s already such a long day so I was just going to get there before the 3pm cutoff and hope for the best and be happy to be in the building. Seems as though it’d be hard to keep people in any sort of order with the shuttles?

"

It’s no secret, it’s been mentioned many times in some articles that it’s being done at the Marcy Avenue Armory in Brooklyn.

My friend also just got bumped to priority for the Pit so again, HOW early for that? I can see arriving really early for general for this, but if priority is guaranteed to get in, I don’t care where I stand in the pit, just as long as I’m there. The 1iota/the tickets say 5:30, but I’m still waitlisted and it says that. 

Updated On: 3/28/18 at 07:09 PM

greenifyme2
#85How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 7:12pm

Thanks I did a bunch of googling and couldn’t find it.

ArtMan
#86How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 7:36pm

If you weren't lucky enough to receive tickets do NOT buy them off of craigslist or other sources.   You must present an id with your ticket.That id is specific to that ticket.

greenifyme2
#87How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 7:57pm

Is there a full cast list anywhere? I was only able to find the obvious 4.

tictac Profile Photo
tictac
#88How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 8:21pm

Sigh, anyone who didn't get their tickets yet? 

I signed up on 3/20 (first day) for the Sunday show, and is still on the waitlist  How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live? 

dirily
#89How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 8:29pm

requested all 4 seating options and haven't heard anything yet How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live? losing hope... 

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#90How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 8:30pm

tictac said: "Sigh, anyone who didn't get their tickets yet?

I signed up on 3/20 (first day) for the Sunday show, and is still on the waitlist How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
"

Me too for the Saturday seated! I hope we're taken off, I'd love to go!

an2736
#91How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/28/18 at 9:16pm

I just received and finalized my ticket for the rehearsal on saturday. I got seated priority seats at about 4pm today. It was funny because last night I had updated my profile so my strength went up to 90% and then I suddenly got the email today. 

antonijan Profile Photo
antonijan
#92How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/29/18 at 6:03am

So excited

Can't wait for the telecast

ilysespieces
#93How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/29/18 at 10:26am

tictac said: "Sigh, anyone who didn't get their tickets yet?

I signed up on 3/20 (first day) for the Sunday show, and is still on the waitlist How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
"

Same How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?

I think I signed up within minutes of it being posted, and I've got evening plans for Saturday so I only signed up for both the Sunday options and still nothing. Oh well.

OneSingularSensation2
#94How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/29/18 at 12:26pm

Don't give up hope yet! I dropped the ball on this one - didn't request until yesterday at 11:30a, got an email today at 7:20a saying demand exceeds supply/no dice, then was emailed at 10:30a saying "It's time to reserve your 1iota tickets." What? So they're definitely still assigning tickets as people cancel! (But sorry, doesn't seem like it's first come, first served.)

(And fwiw, my 1iota profile strength is all star, 0 tokens, requested 2 tickets for pit on Saturday and was assigned priority. Took me an hour to confirm the tickets - figured I wouldn't get them so I hadn't even been checking that email inbox... You do need to provide the name of your guest - seems they'll be checking IDs - but you can edit the ticket after the fact if need-be.)

JennH
#95How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/29/18 at 12:56pm

I'm actually shocked people are obviously cancelling, this is such a big deal and a one time event, that you'd think people would hang on to their ticket for dear life!

dirily
#96How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/29/18 at 1:01pm

I'm guessing people from out of town also requested just in case, and maybe now realize they can't travel for it. I live right here in Brooklyn and am dying for tickets... checking every half hour and am still waitlisted ;( I wish there was ANY other way... I would pay a decent amount to see this and that's not even an option.  It's just a frustrating process to sit and wait How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live? 

dirily
#97How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/29/18 at 1:25pm

5 minutes after I wrote this, I got tickets to the rehearsal!!!!! General so far - hoping it upgrades to priority! 

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#98How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/29/18 at 1:35pm

So I just got messaged to confirm, where in Brooklyn is the bus? Or the venue? And how early should I arrive in general, I'm coming from the north.

moira8
#99How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
Posted: 3/29/18 at 2:34pm

JennH said: "I'm actually shocked people are obviously cancelling, this is such a big deal and a one time event, that you'd think people would hang on to their ticket for dear life!"

And here I am patiently waiting to receive tickets. At least my friend got a priority pit tickets, so at least I will be able to go. I'm still hoping to get a seated confirmation though. He signed up after me, so it's definitely not a first-come first-served situation. 

Videos