pixeltracker

BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer- Page 2

BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer

thealtoslament Profile Photo
thealtoslament
#25BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/16/18 at 9:47pm

Addison: he was in the premiere production in NJ, doesn't look like he's going to be back for Off-Broadway.

I bought a ticket for the August 5 matinee. If they're making any changes it should be close to frozen by then. If you are there, do say hello. 

Updated On: 4/16/18 at 09:47 PM

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#26BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/16/18 at 10:11pm

If Roland leaves Hansen on June 10th, perhaps we'll start getting rehearsal footage by then? I wonder if they will use the original choreo the Two River posted on youtube, I really liked it (Especially for Pitiful Children)

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#27BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/17/18 at 12:39am

thealtoslament said: "I bought a ticket for the August 5 matinee. If they're making any changes it should be close to frozen by then. If you are there, do say hello."

I read this three times today and finally get what it means.  I don't know why, but the first time I honestly thought you were saying that it was going to be as successful as Frozen.  I realized that couldn't be what you're saying.  The second time I read it, I thought it had something to do with the theatre being close to the theatre that Frozen is in.  But now I get it -- you mean the show will be frozen and no further changes will be made to it!  I need more sleep.

thealtoslament
#28BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/17/18 at 9:09am

Haha yep, that’s exactly what I meant! Sorry for any confusion. Since it’s already been licensed to R&H I can’t imagine they’re changing that much, but I’ve only seen 1 show technically in previews before so it’ll be a fun experience.

Famebroadway2 Profile Photo
Famebroadway2
#29BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/17/18 at 9:49am

I noticed there is a box for a promo code on the ticket page.  

Anyone know of any promo codes for this? 

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#30BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/17/18 at 10:03am

wish i were here2 said: "Are the cheapest seats $65-$75? Just wondering since on the side it says ticket prices range from $35 to $140, but I can't seem to find any $35 tickets on any day....could it be referring to the TodayTix Lotto it says it will have?"

Thats what I’m assuming - $35 will be the lotto price (which is reasonable for lotto prices). I’ll be entering for sure :)

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#31BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/17/18 at 4:06pm

Got a ticket for first preview! Very Excited! Does anyone think it could transfer to Broadway for the 2019 season? I know a lot of people feel that this won't be going anywhere but off broadway but lots of people said DEH belonged off broadway and look at it now! Just an idea! :)

santeFEEE
#32BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/17/18 at 4:18pm

I don't think it will, Bmc has a giant fan base but if you think about it only a small percent of those fans (12-18 year olds) will get to see it, we already have enough musicals about teen angst (deh, freaky friday, ntn kinda, school of rock, etc.) Anyways after the small percent of the fan base sees it I don't think many others will. It's probably because I'm biased but I really hate bmc. It just seems stupid.

santeFEEE
#33BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/17/18 at 4:20pm

I feel like this show would do way better on a non equity tour 

Daddy Warbucks
#34BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/17/18 at 6:33pm

I’ve listened to the album a few times now and I like it. There’s something fun, fresh and quirky about it that somehow even catches my attention. I’m interested to see how the public reacts but I think it could be a surprise commercial hit and a possible broadway transfer to a smaller broadway theatre.

Updated On: 4/18/18 at 06:33 PM

Dysquith13 Profile Photo
Dysquith13
#35BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/22/18 at 5:30pm

I’m guessing if the Off-Broadway run goes well it’ll transfer to broadway. It seems like the kind of show that could work in a smaller space, and it seems almost unprecedented in its built-up social media fandom.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#36BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/22/18 at 7:24pm

Dysquith13 said: "I’m guessing if the Off-Broadway run goes well it’ll transfer to broadway. It seems like the kind of show that could work in a smaller space, and it seems almost unprecedented in its built-up social media fandom."

What smaller theatre do you think this show would be able to succeed in? Im thinking Booth or Walter Kerr after Springsteen wraps up. 

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#37BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/22/18 at 8:05pm

This show will not be transferring to Broadway. It has a cult following, and most of the teens who love it so dearly don't actually see Broadway shows, they watch bootlegs. The audience for this show would never be able to support a full, commercial Broadway run. Unless something weird happens and the Off-Broadway production becomes like Hamilton, there's no chance.

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#38BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/22/18 at 8:12pm

Elegance101 said: "This show will not be transferring to Broadway. It has a cult following, and most of the teens who love it so dearly don't actually see Broadway shows, they watch bootlegs. The audience for this show would never be able to support a full, commercial Broadway run. Unless something weird happens and the Off-Broadway production becomes like Hamilton, there's no chance."

Not saying you're wrong...I completely agree and know for a fact that this is one of those "teen fandom" shows that kids watch as bootlegs but to some extent Dear Evan Hansen is one of them as well. I think that if the off broadway run is sold out (which is completely possible) then they might come to broadway. I personally don't know how well it will sell if its on broadway. It could end up being like Bloody Bloody or maybe it could be the next Dear Evan Hansen! 

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#39BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/22/18 at 8:32pm

I see what you mean, but Dear Evan Hansen had plenty of excitement surrounding it before the teen fandom got its hand on it. The teen fandom is not what pushes that show forward into the hit that it is, it’s the reviews, the Tonys, etc. Not saying BMC doesn’t have the chance at all to get good reviews, but all it has right now is teen fandom, whereas DEH has a lot more behind its success than that.

Daddy Warbucks
#40BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/22/18 at 10:08pm

Elegance101 said: "This show will not be transferring to Broadway. It has a cult following, and most of the teens who love it so dearly don't actually see Broadway shows, they watch bootlegs. The audience for this show would never be able to support a full, commercial Broadway run. Unless something weird happens and the Off-Broadway production becomes like Hamilton, there's no chance."

This is pretty cynical.  I could understand someone saying it is “unlikely” going to Broadway, but I’ve invested in and lost money on shows that made it to Broadway that weren’t nearly as interesting to me as this show.  I’m probably one of the older guys on this board and I’ve listened to the cast album and have loved it despite it feeling geared toward the young crowd.  It doesn’t need to become like Hamilton to make it to Broadway.  Elegance101 it seems like you have something personal against this show?  

I’m not saying it is certainly broadway bound, but will say it definitely has a chance to have a life on Broadway and needn’t be anywhere near as successful off broadway as Hamilton was in order to make a transfer.  

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#41BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 4/22/18 at 10:28pm

Alex M said: "Elegance101 said: "This show will not be transferring to Broadway. It has a cult following, and most of the teens who love it so dearly don't actually see Broadway shows, they watch bootlegs. The audience for this show would never be able to support a full, commercial Broadway run. Unless something weird happens and the Off-Broadway production becomes like Hamilton, there's no chance."

Not saying you're wrong...I completely agree and know for a fact that this is one of those "teen fandom" shows that kids watch as bootlegs but to some extent Dear Evan Hansen is one of them as well. I think that if the off broadway run is sold out (which is completely possible) then they might come to broadway. I personally don't know how well it will sell if its on broadway. It could end up being like Bloody Bloody or maybe it could be the next Dear Evan Hansen!
"

It'll probably be more of a Bloody Bloody situation. I know many of people in the age group to see this and every single one of them has said one of three things: "I would see it, but I'm broke asf," "I can't travel in time because I live out of state," or "I don't think my parents would allow me to see this." All three of these reasons would make the show have a nice advance due to mega fans for the first 6 months, and after that, no tickets would sell due to an inability to afford them. This goes back to how people can't afford tickets due to rising prices. Not only that, but many of you guys on this board are most likely parents (or soon to be- I notice many older people on here) and if a parent didn't know Broadway well and the first line they heard of the first song in their child's new favorite musical was "I'm waitin' for my p*rno to load" would you really allow them to see the show? This would cause it to suffer in ticket sales, as well as all of the teens who will be bootlegging the show on a GoPro or iPhone. Traveling arrangements are too difficult for this age group to acquire, which will also cause the show to suffer.  MAYBE the 18-28 group will be interested and be able to travel, but certainly not the 12-18 age group this show targets.

thealtoslament
#42BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 5/23/18 at 1:29pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Jason-Tam-Joins-Cast-of-BE-MORE-CHILL-20180523

Jason Tam, late of Jesus Christ Superstar Live and KPOP, is playing the SQUIP!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#43BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 5/23/18 at 1:35pm

If they add Jason Tam, I add it to my calendar.

Daddy Warbucks
#44BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 5/23/18 at 1:47pm

I find it amusing that this time around they are casting someone of Asian descent as the Squip (in the story, the Squip is from Japan).  Original Squip was played by Eric William Morris, who I only assume from his name was not Asian.  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#45BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 5/23/18 at 2:02pm

Famebroadway2 said: "I noticed there is a box for a promo code on the ticket page."

Those boxes are typically on there whether there are discounts or not.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#46BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 5/23/18 at 2:03pm

Warbucks2 said: "I find it amusing that this time around they are casting someone of Asian descent as the Squip (in the story, the Squip is from Japan). Original Squip was played by Eric William Morris, who I only assume from his name was not Asian."

Not sure there is much to read into it, as Tam and Iconis go way back.

Daddy Warbucks
#47BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 5/23/18 at 2:50pm

haterobics said: "Warbucks2 said: "I find it amusing that this time around they are casting someone of Asian descent as the Squip (in the story, the Squip is from Japan). Original Squip was played by Eric William Morris, who I only assume from his name was not Asian."

Not sure there is much to read into it, as Tam and Iconis go way back.
"

Ah gotcha.  And to be clear, I meant “amusing” completely in the good way.  Not critical at all  

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#48BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 5/23/18 at 3:22pm

Are we suppose to be buy that Tams is a high schooler?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#49BE MORE CHILL to Premiere Off-Broadway This Summer
Posted: 5/23/18 at 3:31pm

RippedMan said: "Are we suppose to be buy that Tams is a high schooler?"

No.

"Male. 20’s to 30’s. ANY ETHNICITY. The physical manifestation of a Japanese supercomputer which implants in Jeremy’s brain and teaches him how to be cool. The Squip appears as the coolest guy around – confident, self-assured, masculine and literally all-knowing, with a hint of Keanu Reeves (the coolest guy Jeremy can think of) and an occasional tendency to be snide. However, since he is a supercomputer with his own agenda, he occasionally reveals a more mechanical, much darker side.
Must have a great rock/pop voice."

Videos