Audience Rewards

RWPrincess
#100Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/7/19 at 11:58pm

You can also earn points if you win a lottery directly from the show. Just enter in your confirmation number on the Missing Points screen.

RWPrincess
#101Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 10:34am

CT2NYC said: "Frozen is available for Tuesdays and Wednesdays through the end of May, 1500/1000 VIP points, plus $48."

Do you know if Frozen is new to AR? As of a couple weeks ago, I didn't see it in the show listing but when I checked this morning, it now is. I have a ticket I bought at the box office that I've been unable to add to my account but now I'm going to try again.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#102Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 11:26am

For the OP, maybe I misread your post but it appears you think you have to order tix through the AR site to earn points. You do not, On the Telecharge site, you can simply enter it as part of the checkout process, I believe. I also believe it gets added to your profile so you don’t have to keep re-entering it. Or maybe I added it to my profile. I can’t recall. All I know is I don’t have to enter it anymore. Also on Ticketmaster, as I recall that’s where I bought my Waitress ticket, I realized afterwards I had not been prompted to enter my audience rewards number. But I called and they did it for me. And it appears to be a part of my profile now - at least I think so. Of course not all shows honor audience rewards. For instance I saw The Fiddler on the Roof in Yiddish and Kiss, Me Kate and those shows at least at the time were not giving audience rewards points

Also in regards to other posts that suggest you can get points for lottery tickets and buying at the box office. It was my understanding that you can’t earn points for tickets that are bought same day as the performance. So I didn’t even try for The Lifespan of a Fact since I bought it at the box office minutes before the show began. And I’ve never tried with rush tickets. Are you saying that I could get points for those. I’ve also not tried to get audience rewards points for TKTS tickets unless somebody is telling me I can. I keep all my tickets!

Correction: not OP! I meant CatastrophicDay. I’m getting my taxes done so I’m a bundle of distraction and anxiety. Apologies! 

Updated On: 4/8/19 at 11:26 AM

Caye2
#103Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 11:43am

RWPrincess said: "You can also earn points if you win a lottery directly from the show. Just enter in your confirmation number on the Missing Points screen."

Do you get a confirmation number for the lotteries won on Broadway Direct or Lucky Seat?

RWPrincess
#104Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 2:20pm

Caye2 said: "RWPrincess said: "You can also earn points if you win a lottery directly from the show. Just enter in your confirmation number on the Missing Points screen."

Do you get a confirmation number for the lotteries won on Broadway Direct or Lucky Seat?

I've never won Lucky Seat. With Broadway Direct, you get a confirmation email without a confirmation number. 

@Miles2Go2 I've been able to link direct show lotteries to AR 3x now. I've never tried to link a rush ticket.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#105Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 2:26pm

Tickets bought from the box office can’t be linked, unfortunately.

RWPrincess
#106Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 2:36pm

LesWickedly said: "Tickets bought from the box office can’t be linked, unfortunately."

I was able to link one 2 weeks ago. I gave the box office my account number but I was also able to add it myself on the Missing Points page. I have noticed that not every box office uses the same type of confirmation number so maybe that's why there are differences.

JSquared2
#107Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 2:37pm

LesWickedly said: "Tickets bought from the box office can’t be linked, unfortunately."

Incorrect.,  I've never had a problem and have done this at least a dozen times. You jut need the confirmation # from your credit card receipt (it wouldn't be able to be done for cash purchases).

CarmenA3 Profile Photo
CarmenA3
#108Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 2:38pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Also in regards to other posts that suggest you can get points for lottery tickets and buying at the box office. It was my understanding that you can’t earn points for tickets that are bought same day as the performance. So I didn’t even try for The Lifespanof a Fact since I bought it at the box office minutes before the show began. And I’ve never tried with rush tickets. Are you saying that I could get points for those. I’ve also not tried to get audience rewards points for TKTS tickets unless somebody is telling me I can. I keep all my tickets!"

Sorry, it's too late for Lifespan, otherwise:

Yes, I can personally confirm that you can earn Audience Rewards points when you buy at the box office, regardless of whether it is rush or minutes before a show. Here are my experiences:

-If the show is available online via Telecharge ("TC show" going forward), then just make sure to tell the box office that you want to add your Audience Rewards points to the purchase. Make sure this is done before they charge your card/take your money. 

-For lottery wins for TC shows - I haven't tried as I've not entered any lottos recently for TC shows. But it doesn't hurt to ask.

-For a Telecharge show, if you forgot to tell the Agent when you buy your ticket, you have a small window (about 10-12) days to call Audience Rewards customer service and they will manually add it to your account. You won't have an order number, but they can use the number on your ticket stub to look up the ticket. If the agent says they can't do this, politely ask them to speak to a manager - yes they can. Remember to call right away though.

-For non-TC shows, it's more nebulous. I asked at the Hadestown box office and they said they don't do AR at the box office. In some different examples, I have received points from when I saw Hamilton (Ticketmaster show) (online purchase).  also won the Cher Show and called Audience Rewards and they gave me good-faith points. 

-For TKTS, when you got your tickets, did you ask them if you could add your AR account to them? I don't do TKTS, so can't say. If they don't, you can call AR as per above.

-For completeness sake, if you buy your tickets on Ticketmaster for a future date and you enter your AR number, don't be surprised if it doesn't show up in your account until after you go to the show. Give it a few days after your performance date. Also, don't be surprised if you buy at the box office and it takes a few days for the ticket to show up as Pending in your account (my BMC ticket took 3-4 days to show up).

Hope this helps :)

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#109Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 2:46pm

I’ve only tried with Waitress and I called and they said it couldn’t be done. Glad to be mistaken and will have to try in the future.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#110Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 7:17pm

So once the show is closed, there’s no way to retroactively get your points once it disappears in the drop-down menu?

CatastrophicDay Profile Photo
CatastrophicDay
#111Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 7:19pm

Thanks for your replies everyone! This was really informative. 

I didn't realize that you could use AR for box office purchases. I usually try for rush tickets or the most discounted I can find, and now it makes sense that those are still valuable, instead of just aiming for those bonus points. I have such a gameified brain that that's what I latch onto :)

Of course now this gives me incentive to splurge once in a while...

LxGstv
#112Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 8:00pm

From their website, the only theaters that allow points through box office purchase are:

Ambassador Theatre - New York, NY
Belasco Theatre - New York, NY
Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre - New York, NY
Booth Theatre - New York, NY
Broadhurst Theatre - New York, NY
Broadway Theatre - New York, NY
Cort Theatre - New York, NY
Ethel Barrymore Theatre - New York, NY
Gerald Schoenfeld - New York, NY
Imperial Theatre - New York, NY
John Golden Theatre - New York, NY
Longacre Theatre - New York, NY
Lyceum Theatre - New York, NY
Majestic Theatre - New York, NY
Music Box Theatre - New York, NY
Shubert Theatre - New York, NY
Winter Garden Theatre - New York, NY

Also from their website:
“Audience Rewards ShowPoints will NOT be earned for purchases made via phone, box offices not listed in the terms and conditions, TKTS outlets, unauthorized ticketing systems, brokers, resellers, discounting channels or any other unauthorized third parties. It is your obligation to confirm that you are purchasing tickets through an Authorized Ticketing Site and for a qualifying show and/or venue.”

Hairspray0901
#113Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/8/19 at 8:37pm

LxGstv said: "From their website, the only theaters that allow points through box office purchase are:

Also from their website:
“Audience Rewards ShowPoints will NOT be earned for purchases made via phone, box offices not listed in the terms and conditions, TKTS outlets, unauthorized ticketing systems, brokers, resellers, discounting channels or any other unauthorized third parties. It is your obligation to confirm that you are purchasing tickets through an Authorized Ticketing Site and for a qualifying show and/or venue.”
"

This is definitely true - I called Audience Rewards 2 weeks ago regarding my ticket to Pretty Woman and was told that theatre does not allow you to get points through in person purchases.

RWPrincess
#114Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/9/19 at 11:44am

I received an email overnight confirming that the Frozen ticket I bought at the box office has been confirmed as pending. Frozen is at the St. James. I really think Frozen is new to AR and perhaps they just haven't updated the Terms page yet to add this theater.

JSquared2
#115Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/9/19 at 11:47am

Hairspray0901 said: "LxGstv said: "From their website, the only theaters that allow points through box office purchase are:

Also from their website:
"

This is definitely true - I called Audience Rewards 2 weeks ago regarding my ticket to Pretty Woman and was told that theatre does not allow you to get points through in person purchases.
"

I had no problem getting points for my MOULIN ROUGE tickets purchased at the Hirschfeld box office.

LxGstv
#116Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/9/19 at 1:04pm

I just posted what’s on their website. Maybe they haven’t updated it yet.

I got Lion King tickets at the box office and was not able to get points, the Minskoff isn’t on the list that allows it.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#117Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/9/19 at 1:24pm

JSquared2 said: "Hairspray0901 said: "LxGstv said: "From their website, the only theaters that allow points through box office purchase are:

Also from their website:
"

"

I had no problem getting points for my MOULIN ROUGE tickets purchased at the Hirschfeld box office.

"

I thought you only get the points after the performance?

Anyway, that list looks like they're all Shubert-owned theaters.

When I've bought through ticketmaster, I normally go to the audiencerewards website first, click on their link to ticketmaster, and after I buy the ticket, a window pops up asking me to put my audience rewards number.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#118Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/9/19 at 1:43pm

Last year when I bought my ticket to Skintight, I accidentally bought it through Broadway.com. When I requested missing points, they said even though I didn’t go through an approved site, they gave me points. I think they gave me 100 points. I also ended up buying my SpongeBob ticket through Broadway.com because my friend as a well-intentioned birthday gift gave me a gift certificate through there. And I recall I believe correctly that audience rewards give me 100 points for that as well when I requested points.

RWPrincess
#119Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/9/19 at 3:02pm

They are also working with me on getting my Tootsie ticket added. I bought it at the Marquis box office on Saturday.

Regarding the comment on Shubert houses, I initially thought the same thing but the St James is not a Shubert house. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#120Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/9/19 at 3:25pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Last year when I bought my ticket to Skintight, I accidentally bought it through Broadway.com. When I requested missing points, they said even though I didn’t go through an approved site, they gave me points. I think they gave me 100 points. I also ended up buying my SpongeBob ticket through Broadway.com because my friend as a well-intentioned birthday gift gave me a gift certificate through there. And I recall I believe correctly that audience rewards give me 100 points for that as well when I requested points. "

I finally checked my emails & my account. I did get 100 Goodwill points for my Broadway.com purchase of my Skintight ticket, but they were not able to do the same for my similar purchase of my Spongebob ticket.

It also looks like after I called Ticketmaster and had them add my audience rewards number to my purchase of my waitress Waitress ticket, I still had to reach out to audience rewards and have them put it into my Activity. 

Next2Normal2
#121Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/10/19 at 9:57am

Has anyone redeemed Frozen for 1000 points + $48? I'm curious where the seats are!

Tking0012
#122Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/10/19 at 10:29pm

I can assure you they are inside the St. James Theatre

HSky
#123Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/11/19 at 11:58am

Confirming what's stated above, it's fairly easy to link AR at the Shubert-owned box offices. I keep my number stickied in my notes app for quick reference.

I hate buying Ticketmaster online via mobile because it doesn't give me a popup that usually appears at the end on the desktop site asking me to enter my number, but I've usually had luck with the retro credit form in those instances.

For retro credit, the one thing to keep in mind is that you should do it before the performance occurs. I've gotten a courtesy credit in the past for submitting after the show date, but they prefer you input it ahead of time.

Sytwix
#124Audience Rewards
Posted: 4/30/19 at 7:00pm

Audience Rewards tickets for Frankie and Johnny are available for June dates. (VIP 1000 points + $48)