Moulin Rouge Boston Discount

Crashdowngurl693
#1Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 4/19/18 at 1:39pm

Moulin Rouge is coming to Boston and I am considering getting tickets. Is anyone aware of any discounts they are offering? I don’t think there are any but I always figure it’s worth checking.

barcelona20
#2Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 4/19/18 at 2:24pm

None yet, but I'm guessing there will be some eventually. Ticket prices are insane.

TveiterTot
#3Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 2:03pm

Has anyone heard anything about a discount yet? Been monitoring and they have been selling quite slow. 

mailhandler777
#4Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 3:41pm

I'm still trying to get a refund from them for my show that was cancelled.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 5:26pm

I'm sorry to hear that!^  How long has it been since they confirmed they were doing so?   I know Show Score told me it would be 4-5 days before it hit my account, but only took two.  (I know, different company - but I know most places say 5 days before it hits your account.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#6Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 6:00pm

There are no discounts or promo codes for the show.  It was very expensive to produce and obviously, there would have been some by now considering it's starting in a few weeks.  I am sure subscribers of the theater got them less expensive than everyone else, but that's about it.  

Updated On: 6/21/18 at 06:00 PM

Susanswerphone Profile Photo
Susanswerphone
#7Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 7:08pm

There are no “subscribers” as there is not a full season in place.
Groups of 12 or more get a small discount.
My advice, as a Bostonian, is to sign up at artsboston.org.
Twice weekly newsletter, Bostix Deals.
If any discount seats are sold, that will likely be best bet. Second, TodayTix. I could see a midweek lottery like they have for Jagged Little Pill
Good luck.

mailhandler777
#8Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:11pm

dramamama611 said: "I'm sorry to hear that!^ How long has it been since they confirmed they were doing so? I know Show Score told me it would be 4-5 days before it hit my account, but only took two. (I know, different company - but I know most places say 5 days before it hits your account.)"

I finally got ahold of them just to ask for a refund after 3 days of getting a busy signal. I used the number they sent in the email that my show was affected. Found another number that actually connects you to the Hudson theater in NYC and I had it resolved in 10 minutes. No clue how long until it goes back into my account. 

Play Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#9Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:25pm

Could you please provide that number to me?

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#10Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 9:37pm

Susanswerphone said: "There are no “subscribers” as there is not a full season in place.
Groups of 12 or more get a small discount.
My advice, as a Bostonian, is to sign up at artsboston.org.
Twice weekly newsletter, Bostix Deals.
If any discount seats are sold, that will likely be best bet. Second, TodayTix. I could see a midweek lottery like they have for Jagged Little Pill
Good luck.
"

Once again, there are no discounts for this show.  It would have been out months ago.  Like literally any other production that offers discounts. The stuff you get the mail with discount codes on it?  None of that for this show.  This show lasts for only two months. No promos or discounts. Thanks!

Updated On: 6/21/18 at 09:37 PM

barcelona20
#11Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 10:17pm

I still think a discount will be coming. There's just too much inventory at ridiculously high prices. I don't think a discount code might happen but I think it will show up on today Tix or goldstar.

Susanswerphone
#12Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/21/18 at 11:43pm

barcelona20 said: "I still think a discount will be coming. There's just too much inventory at ridiculously high prices. I don't think a discount code might happen but I think it will show up on today Tix or goldstar."

You’re quite right on both counts. Goldstar and Today Tix are both possible. And, in Boston, the shows they offer are not listed months in advance. Ditto Bostix Deals. At most they will show up 3-4 weeks ahead.

The first Bostix email about Moulin Rouge didn’t even distribute until this morning. No discount yet. Just ability to order at full price. Expect a discount offer email for some dates, if you’re on their list, sometime shortly after first preview. Enjoy the show. The theatre is beautifully restored.

mailhandler777
#13Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/22/18 at 12:42am

Play Esq. said: "Could you please provide that number to me?"

855-801-5876

TveiterTot
#14Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 6/22/18 at 11:47am

Totally had the same thought. The way the show has been pacing over the past few months and the ridiculously high ticket prices, I figured they would want to front load as much as possible. You cannot slap a Broadway ticket price on an out of town try out, it's WILD. 

Thanks for the tips, Bostonians! Signed up for BosTix emails and will monitor TodayTix and Goldstar for ticket discounts. Excited to visit your city in a few weeks. :) 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#15Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/6/18 at 11:37am

I see Moulin Rouge on TodayTix boston now but not sure if it's that big of a discount. The cheapest I see is $70 for Balcony (which I think is the regular price)

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#16Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/9/18 at 2:31pm

FYI Moulin Rouge has a daily lottery on TodayTix for $35.

Lucky Mom2 Profile Photo
Lucky Mom2
#17Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/9/18 at 3:23pm

I have an extra ticket for this Saturday, July 14, 8pm show. Orchestra R6. Paid $125 with fees, asking $75. I hate for it to go to waste and would like to at least get dinner out of it. 

Tampatiger
#18Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/11/18 at 12:56am

Hi, I am very interested in your ticket. You may email me at tampatiger@yahoo.com if it's still available. Thank you, Scott

Susanswerphone
#19Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/15/18 at 10:40am

barcelona20 said: "I still think a discount will be coming. There's just too much inventory at ridiculously high prices. I don't think a discount code might happen but I think it will show up on today Tix or goldstar."

Hi, in case you aren't aware, in addition to the lottery, they are now offering $59 seats to lottery losers on a rush-like system. I got one last night. Dress circle center second row

Updated On: 7/19/18 at 10:40 AM

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#20Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/16/18 at 11:59am

How does the lottery loser offer work? Do they send you a code with the email telling you that you lost the lottery or something?

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

Susanswerphone
#21Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/17/18 at 7:27pm

Got an email saying I'd lost and could purchase a $59 seat. At the bottom was a button to direct you back Today Tix and the queue for available seats.So, obvi, helps to watch your email and move fast.

mufish
#22Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/17/18 at 7:56pm

TheActr97J said: "How does the lottery loser offer work? Do they send you a code with the email telling you that you lost the lottery or something?"

In addition to the email notification mentioned above, if you turn on notifications from the TodayTix app they'll alert you.  I have to say, you've got to be lightning fast.  There's obviously no telling how many tickets there are, but I hit the button immediately and missed out.  Certainly a small sample size and they could very well stagger the notifications, but the tickets clearly go fast.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#23Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/18/18 at 1:14pm

I think the original ticket price of 2nd row dress circle is $189 so that's a great deal to get it for $59. It seems to me they're pretty much just filling in the rest of the theater through this so it'll be 100% sold out.

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#24Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/18/18 at 4:11pm

--double post--

Updated On: 7/18/18 at 04:11 PM

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#25Moulin Rouge Boston Discount
Posted: 7/18/18 at 4:11pm

mufish said: "TheActr97J said: "How does the lottery loser offer work? Do they send you a code with the email telling you that you lost the lottery or something?"

In addition to the email notification mentioned above, if you turn on notifications from the TodayTix app they'll alert you. I have to say, you've got to be lightning fast. There's obviously no telling how many tickets there are, but I hit the button immediately and missed out. Certainly a small sample size and they could very well stagger the notifications, but the tickets clearly go fast.
"

Same thing happened to me today. Moulin Rouge Boston Discount