pixeltracker

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?- Page 21

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?

mailhandler777
#500Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 4/23/19 at 10:36am

magictodo123 said: "WestEndGal said: "ZacharyC2 said: "Noah Galvin is coming in as Ogie on the 29th!!!"

Congrats to him! I don’t know much about him but he’s only 24 which seems a little young for the role, but I don’t think that matters too much. Makes me wonder what they’re going to say when Dawn talks about his age.
"

"

With Eddie they changed his age to 42. Maybe they will change Noah's to 22. Caitlin is super young looking also so it could work. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

OhHiii
#501Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 4/23/19 at 10:50am

Miles2Go2 said: "

EllieRose2 said:

Bummer. Despicable person.

OhHiii said:

Ohhhh yes. Bryan Singer accusations aside, he had some horrendous things to say about Colton Hayes coming out. Calling it "p---y b---s---." I'm all for being proud of your identity, but NO ONE has a right to put down someone else's journey in coming out. Ever. He later applogized, but he did some major damage to his career.

https://ew.com/article/2016/06/09/noah-galvin-apology-colton-haynes-eric-stonestreet-lgbt/
"

Crap, I totallyforgot that happened, that sucks
"

First of all, are one of you the person who was ousted from the boards by the moderators under a different username for making continual defamatory and incendiarycomments? I ask because this is, note for note, the same songshe was singing except she also claimed to be besties with Colton Haynes. It’s also ironic that the person criticizing a person of defamatory behavior was ousted from the boards for the same behavior.

Second, bravo to Noah for speaking out against Singer years before others spoke out even though his behavior was well known within the industry. That was pretty heroic of him

Third, in relation to Colton I’m sure at the moment, Noah believed what he said;after all, it does seem like the de rigueurthing for young actors to come out as part of the LGBTQ (usually as bi-) family without really seeking to identify with us and our struggle,but still,Noah should have kept his mouth shut;it’s apparent now that wasn’tthe case with Colton. It was a dumb thing to say but because of being famous, he didn’tjust say it to his friends or on twitter and it was forgotten the next day. Colton by the way has made mistakes too Like dressing up in blackface more than once. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He finally seemsto have gotten the message and stopped. I follow him on IG and wish him well. He seems like a decent guy.I’m sure if I was in the public eye, people would judge me harshly for some of the things I’ve done too But we’re all human They both seem like decent young men who made some mistakesas we alldo. Neither seems “despicable.” If we only allowed people that didn’t make any mistakes on Broadway, all the theaters would be dark.

I wish them both well on their careers.

"

Considering my join date is plainly displayed as it is for all users, the answer to your suspicion would be a definitive "nope."

ZacharyC2
#502Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 4/23/19 at 12:19pm

Miles2Go2 said: "

EllieRose2 said:

Bummer. Despicable person.

OhHiii said:

Ohhhh yes. Bryan Singer accusations aside, he had some horrendous things to say about Colton Hayes coming out. Calling it "p---y b---s---." I'm all for being proud of your identity, but NO ONE has a right to put down someone else's journey in coming out. Ever. He later applogized, but he did some major damage to his career.

https://ew.com/article/2016/06/09/noah-galvin-apology-colton-haynes-eric-stonestreet-lgbt/
"

Crap, I totallyforgot that happened, that sucks
"

First of all, are one of you the person who was ousted from the boards by the moderators under a different username for making continual defamatory and incendiarycomments? I ask because this is, note for note, the same songshe was singing except she also claimed to be besties with Colton Haynes. It’s also ironic that the person criticizing a person of defamatory behavior was ousted from the boards for the same behavior.

Second, bravo to Noah for speaking out against Singer years before others spoke out even though his behavior was well known within the industry. That was pretty heroic of him

Third, in relation to Colton I’m sure at the moment, Noah believed what he said;after all, it does seem like the de rigueurthing for young actors to come out as part of the LGBTQ (usually as bi-) family without really seeking to identify with us and our struggle,but still,Noah should have kept his mouth shut;it’s apparent now that wasn’tthe case with Colton. It was a dumb thing to say but because of being famous, he didn’tjust say it to his friends or on twitter and it was forgotten the next day. Colton by the way has made mistakes too Like dressing up in blackface more than once. Stupid, stupid, stupid. He finally seemsto have gotten the message and stopped. I follow him on IG and wish him well. He seems like a decent guy.I’m sure if I was in the public eye, people would judge me harshly for some of the things I’ve done too But we’re all human They both seem like decent young men who made some mistakesas we alldo. Neither seems “despicable.” If we only allowed people that didn’t make any mistakes on Broadway, all the theaters would be dark.

I wish them both well on their careers.

"

No, I was optimistic about seeing him, since I have tickets for when he's going to be in the show, but when I saw that it all came rushing back to me.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#503Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 4/23/19 at 10:54pm

I have tickets for what was previously Jeremy and Sho’s last, so I could basically guarantee they were in. Considering the extension, what should I do? I do not live in the city so I can’t just come back on a whim and see them some other time. Should I try and switch or are chances good they’ll be in?

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

magictodo123
#504Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 4/24/19 at 8:19am

suicidalmickeymouse said: "I have tickets for what was previously Jeremy and Sho’s last, so I could basically guarantee they were in. Considering the extension, what should I do? I do not live in the city so I can’t just come back on a whim and see them some other time. Should I try and switch or are chances good they’ll be in?"

Personally I think you should be fine if you keep your tickets for May 12th. I'm really sorry-I'm trying to remember if previous performers were there on their original departure date but I can't. Upcoming Waitress cast replacements? I'm 90% sure they were, unless an emergency came up or something. I think you should be fine! 

notalwaysontime Profile Photo
notalwaysontime
#505Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 5/1/19 at 2:55am

Ok, so I have to admit, I was one of the Many who was confused by and very unsure of Noah’s casting as Ogie, but let me just say, after seeing the show tonight, he NAILED IT. he was absolutely fantastic, and he and Caitlin were absolutely adorable together. Nothing felt off or awkward when it came to his age or how young he looked. It all worked perfectly and he was delightfully nerdy and hilarious. I went in skeptical, but with an open mind to give him a chance and ended up LOVING his performance.

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#506Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 5/1/19 at 3:34am

Shoshana will be out for both shows Saturday 5/4, and 5/10, 5/15, and 5/16.

jmfinny
#507Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 5/3/19 at 9:22am

I know this isn't the review thread, but since I aired my worries about Noah's casting on this thread, I figured I'd post my reactions from last night here, as well.  Noah absolutely blew me away.  He was hamming it up there, his vocals were on point an he had the audience in stitches.  Everyone was roaring during the curtain call.  

It was a great audience there tonight (except my row who had one person caught trying to snapchat some of the show and the girl next to us constantly checked her phone for texts).  The audience loved the show and I have to say this cast is top-notch.  I forgot how funny this show could be and I think in part that is to Jeremy Jordan.  He found every moment in his lines to find comedy where appropriate.  He was lovely and I didn't feel the lack of chemistry between him and Shoshana that others have complained about...and EVERYONE had great vocals... from Shoshana, to Caitlin.

KathyNYC2
#508Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 5/3/19 at 11:55am

LuPita2 said: "Shoshana will be out for both shows Saturday 5/4, and5/10, 5/15, and 5/16."

Waitress has no Wednesday shows until the last week in May so obviously there is some error here since May 15th is a Wednesday  

Dkinny23
#509Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 6/24/19 at 6:40am

Was curious who replaced Jeremy Jordan? Also does anyone know how long Noah Galvin will be in it?

magictodo123
#510Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 6/24/19 at 8:34am

Dkinny23 said: "Was curious who replaced Jeremy Jordan? Also does anyone know how long Noah Galvin will be in it?"

Erich Bergen, who has previously been in the show, has come back to reprise the role of Dr. P. Noah Galvin will be in probably until whenever Todrick Hall and Colleen Ballinger come in because Todrick is his replacement. 

Dkinny23
#511Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 6/25/19 at 7:41am

magictodo123 said: "Dkinny23 said: "Was curious who replaced Jeremy Jordan? Also does anyone know how long Noah Galvin will be in it?"

Erich Bergen, who has previously been in the show, has come back to reprise the role of Dr. P. Noah Galvin will be in probably until whenever Todrick Hall and Colleen Ballinger come in because Todrick is his replacement.
"

Thanks for the info! 

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#512Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 6/25/19 at 8:21am

I may get tickets for first weekend of August, Jenna should be Stephanie Torns, correct? Its so hard keeping up with this shows casting sometimes. 

magictodo123
#513Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 6/25/19 at 9:03am

Mike Barrett said: "I may get tickets for first weekend of August, Jenna should be Stephanie Torns, correct? Its so hard keeping up with this shows casting sometimes."

I think so. Shoshana Bean concludes her run the next weekend, unless she extends again. So unless her replacement starts right away, you should have Stephanie. Have you seen her before? 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#514Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 6/25/19 at 9:51am

Torns is a great Jenna.