pixeltracker

2019-2020 Touring Season- Page 6

2019-2020 Touring Season

SEAN P HENNIGAN
#1252019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 8:17am

In Phoenix, (Tempe actually, at Gammage Auditorium)  the schedule is generally introduced around Easter.

I would love to have DEH back this coming season, but maybe it will skip a year since it was just here. On the other hand it did break a record for immediate sellout here so it would be tempting to send it back soon.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#1262019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 9:11am

SEAN P HENNIGAN said: "In Phoenix, (Tempe actually, at Gammage Auditorium) the schedule is generally introduced aroundEaster.

I would love to have DEH back this coming season, but maybe it will skip a year since it was just here. On the other hand it did breaka record for immediate sellout here so it would be tempting to send it back soon.
"

DEH announced they'll be returning to LA in the 2020-2021 season, so Id expect the same for Tempe. DEH will be on tour for a few years likely. 

Kruth1
#1272019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 9:55am

SEAN P HENNIGAN said: "In Phoenix, (Tempe actually, at Gammage Auditorium) the schedule is generally introduced aroundEaster.

I would love to have DEH back this coming season, but maybe it will skip a year since it was just here. On the other hand it did breaka record for immediate sellout here so it would be tempting to send it back soon.
"

Gammage is announcing March 11th. I got a save the date but an actual invitation to the announce event will come when it’s a little closer. 

SEAN P HENNIGAN
#1282019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 10:34am

Kruth1 said: "SEAN P HENNIGAN said: "In Phoenix, (Tempe actually, at Gammage Auditorium) the schedule is generally introduced aroundEaster.

"

Gammage is announcing March 11th. I got a save the date but an actual invitation to the announce event will come when it’s a little closer.

"

Cool....I hadn't heard that. I do get Insider e-mail from Gammage. How did you receive the save the date?

Kruth1
#1292019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 10:42am

SEAN P HENNIGAN said: "Kruth1 said: "SEAN P HENNIGAN said: "In Phoenix, (Tempe actually, at Gammage Auditorium) the schedule is generally introduced aroundEaster.

"

"

Cool....I hadn't heard that. I do get Insider e-mail from Gammage. How did you receive the save the date?
"

Do you have season tickets? The email might have only been to subscribers, I don’t remember. The date is up on the website now under vip events. The “event” is the Gammy and Jerry awards but it says in smaller font underneath that the announce event is being held after the awards dinner 

vtalum05
#1302019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 12:37pm

Curious if anyone knows when The Kennedy Center and The National Theater in DC will be announcing their seasons for 2019-2020?? Also curious what shows they will be getting?????

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#1312019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 2:31pm

I believe The Band's Visit has announced they'll be playing the Kennedy Center next August or September. It was announced somewhere

MTH85
#1322019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 4:02pm

D.C. theatres usually announce in April/May. The Band's Visit is scheduled to come this summer (Jul 9-Aug 4) to the Kennedy Center. As for the 19/20 season, all that's known so far is that Escape to Margaritaville and Summer are coming. If I had to speculate, I'd also throw in Come From Away, CatsFiddlerCharlie and the Chocolate Factory, Mean Girls, and maybe My Fair Lady among others.

MTH85
#1332019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 7:18pm

Just got word that Las Vegas's Smith Center will be announcing their 19/20 season on Tuesday, Jan 29, which is about a month earlier than last year (I'm not complaining!).

SEAN P HENNIGAN
#1342019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 9:13pm

Mike Barrett said: "SEAN P HENNIGAN said: "In Phoenix, (Tempe actually, at Gammage Auditorium) the schedule is generally introduced aroundEaster.

"

DEH announced they'll be returning to LA in the 2020-2021 season, so Id expect the same for Tempe. DEH will be on tour for a few years likely.
"

Cool. But it would be even cooler if it didn't skip a season.

SEAN P HENNIGAN
#1352019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 9:17pm

MTH85 said: "Just got word that Las Vegas's Smith Center will be announcing their 19/20 season on Tuesday, Jan 29, which is about a month earlier than last year (I'm not complaining!)."

Always good to hear earlier what other cities are getting because it is pretty likely we will get them in Phoenix too.

BwayLB
#1362019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 9:20pm

I am seeing Dear Evan Hansen Saturday in Costa Mesa.

SEAN P HENNIGAN
#1372019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/2/19 at 9:32pm

Kruth1 said: "SEAN P HENNIGAN said: "Kruth1 said: "SEAN P HENNIGAN said: "In Phoenix, (Tempe actually, at Gammage Auditorium) the schedule is generally introduced aroundEaster.

I would love to have DEH back this coming season, but maybe it will skip a year since it was just here. On the other hand it did breaka record for immediate sellout here so it would be tempting to send it back 

"

"

Do you have season tickets? The email might have only been to subscribers, I don’t remember. The date is up on the website now under vip events. The “event” is the Gammy and Jerry awards but it says in smaller font underneath that the announce event is being held after the awards dinner
"

I don't have season tickets.   I found what you are talking about.  

https://www.asugammage.com/support/vip-events

MTH85
#1382019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/3/19 at 12:00pm

Another announcement is coming! Louisville is announcing their 19/20 season on Thursday, Feb 7. I'm guessing they're getting shows like Anastasia, DEH, Miss Saigon, and CFA since they missed out on those this current season.

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#1392019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/3/19 at 1:14pm

Anyone know if Les Miz is going to extend past August? I see on the website that they are hitting Chicago for the second time this summer. Josh Davis said on IG that his contract is up in June. Appears like the show is selling really well. I am hoping that it will make another stop in Detroit this fall or next spring.

MTH85
#1402019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/3/19 at 1:19pm

It should be extending past August. It's playing in Charlotte from Oct 29-Nov 3.

Broadwaygirl202
#1412019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/3/19 at 3:20pm

MTH85 How do you know the date Louisville is announcing? Are you a subscriber? I am and havent gotten an email or anything. If this is true then they are announcing almost a month earlier than last year!

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#1422019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/3/19 at 4:10pm

MTH85 said: "It should be extending past August. It's playing in Charlotte from Oct 29-Nov 3."

Excellent! I would love to see Cartell and Davis again but definitely understand if they aren't extended or don't want to extend.

MTH85
#1432019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/3/19 at 6:10pm

One more announcement scheduled: Kansas City is announcing on Monday, February 4. All we know so far is that DEH is coming.

Broadwaygirl202: both this and the Louisville date came from reps at the BAA and ATG.

RemlapLBC
#1442019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/4/19 at 12:06pm

I was at the Ahmanson and Come from Away and asked the booth when would they be announcing the rest of the season and they replied most likely February.  

In other news, Come From Away is fantastic.  Anywhere out there that is getting it next season should count that as a win.    A bit short, (100 minutes) but also glad they didn't pad it.  

RemlapLBC
#1452019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/4/19 at 12:15pm

Call_me_jorge said: "RemlapLBC said: "ElphabaGoodman said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Not sure if any of these have been officially announced, but this is what Im hoping the tours contracts end up looking.
The Bands Visit- a production contract
"

The Band's Visit is going out on a SETA category 1 contract
"

Trpguyy is correct. I’m just very interested in the business side of theatre and knowing the types of contracts gives me a bit of insight on that front.

Fair Point!

I don’t really agree with your second point. Recouping on tour is often easier to do thanrecouping on broadway. Mostly due to the fact most stops are subscription based houses and since the Bands Visit is on subscription packages they are garunteed nearly a full house. It’s unfortunate that the best musical winner isn’t going out on production contract, because it can sustain it. Especially since popular shows like Dear Evan Hansen and Hamilton are also on those packages making it even more likely that the shows will sell out.
"

I disagree with your comment.  The Band's Visit shouldn't be on a Production Contract because it might hope to be paired with Hamilton or Dear Even Hanson in the same season so they will have an inflated season subscription count that season.  The reason the contract tiers exists as shows weren't making (enough?) money on the road and 1st National Tours started going out Non-Equity.  Again, no slight to The Bands Visit.  I know it's a great, but smaller show but it is not on the same level of audience excitement as Hamilton, Wicket, Lion King or DEH.

We did the math once on the Pantages, which may not be universal across the country.  They sell about 2/3 of the house to subscription and flex subscriptions.  Leaving 1/3 for single tickets.

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
stoptheworld38
#1462019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/4/19 at 6:24pm

I hope to see Dear Evan Hansen on tour in Buffalo (just under 3 hours from my hometown) for my birthday in May. Hamilton is also coming a couple hours away from me around the same time but I highly doubt I'd be able to see both... And then Finding Neverland is coming to Syracuse at the end of May and that's just over an hour or so from where I live, if I'm home at the time.

I go to school in VT and we don't get that many tours, but I did see Something Rotten! in November, and I'm probably/hopefully seeing The Sound of Music next month.

you found your heart but left a part of you behind <3

RemlapLBC
#1472019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/4/19 at 11:04pm

MTH85 said: "I can also tell you that San Diego isn't planning a January announcement. I was told early March by a rep as they're still sorting out their season."

I know it’s not the same as an official announcement but Pantsges normally announces in February and San Diego is normally very close.   I mean If I call Pantages season ticket customer service you actually call people in San Diego 

robbyshishkabobby
#1482019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/6/19 at 4:16pm

Anyone know when Orlando plans on announcing?

MTH85
#1492019-2020 Touring Season
Posted: 1/6/19 at 4:53pm

I personally do not know, but I do know that the Florida Theatrical Association has some policy where Florida venues have to space their announcements in a certain way so that they're not too close to each other. Tampa is planning on announcing on March 18, which is the latest they've announced for a long time (pre-2010). Since 2014, Orlando has announced their season only one time before Tampa announced theirs (2017), but I can't imagine them waiting until April to do so this year. Plus, this will be an anniversary year for the Dr Phillips Center (5 years), which is an incentive to announce earlier. Since the center's been open, they announce in early March on average. They did announce in early February back in 2017, so it's possible they'll announce around that time. If you're wondering which shows'll be coming, stay tuned for Ft Lauderdale's announcement happening within a couple of weeks. A lot of new shows that are currently playing there are doubled up in Orlando. Also pay attention to Miami's announcement later this month for more possible shows. Hope that helps!