pixeltracker

CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover- Page 4

CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#75CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/9/18 at 4:57pm

Looks like a CD can hold 74 minutes of music. Odd that the NT revival has 80 minutes of material - do different CDs hold different amounts of music? However, the recording sounds wonderful - it is beautifully produced.

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#76CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/9/18 at 5:00pm

CDs can hold up to 80 minutes, but of course it varies with different factors like higher quality tracks taking up more space, etc. And whether you want to max out the CD space is also another question.

Updated On: 6/9/18 at 05:00 PM

Sally Durant Plummer
#77CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/9/18 at 5:06pm

Thank you! That would seem to be why the “If I Loved You (Reprise)” was left off.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#78CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/9/18 at 5:08pm

About Mendez:

I thought she was in a totally different show when I saw the production.  I thought she was... totally somewhere else.  It felt somehow too modern of a performance for a classic musical (or, at least this production of Carousel).  But, then again, I thought Jessie and Joshua were in separate musicals from each other.  And that the set was from a community theater's production.  And that the lighting was basically non-existent.

This is just another post where I'm taking about how much I hated this production.  

Broadway World's Fireman.

bk
#79CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/9/18 at 11:26pm

Sally Durant Plummer said: "Looks like a CD can hold 74 minutes of music. Odd that the NT revival has 80 minutes of material - do different CDs hold different amounts of music? However, the recording sounds wonderful - it is beautifully produced."

CDs have always held over seventy-four minutes, it was just dangerous to do it on the old days and pressing plants wouldn't guarantee the CDs if you got over seventy-six minutes - but for the past two decades going to seventy-nine is guaranteed and there are no problems doing so.

bk
#80CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/9/18 at 11:28pm

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2 said: "CDs can hold up to 80 minutes, but of course it varies with different factors like higher quality tracks taking up more space, etc. And whether you want to max out the CD space is also another question."

The "quality" of the tracks, higher or lower have nothing to do with how much music a CD holds.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#81CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/9/18 at 11:37pm

I was talking more about when you are burning a CD and putting audio tracks of varying bitrates onto it. This doesn't matter so much in professional recordings which don't use compressed tracks at all (and why there are arguments that even 320 bitrate mp3s still aren't CD quality), but I was talking beyond that. The higher the bitrate, the more space it takes. Nobody burns CDs anymore, but I took a trip down memory lane.

Updated On: 6/9/18 at 11:37 PM

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#82CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 3:49am

Sondheimite said:

"About Mendez:  I thought she was in a totally different show when I saw the production. I thought she was... totally somewhere else."

Totally agree.  She is quite the worst possible person to be in that role. Her interpretation of her character is just mind boggling.  God, it was going to be Betsy Wolfe.  Can you imagine how much better it would be?  Sigh.  

teatime2
#83CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 10:39am

EllieRose2 said: "Sondheimite said:

"About Mendez: I thought she was in a totally different show when I saw the production. I thought she was... totally somewhere else."

Totally agree. She isquite the worst possible person to be in that role. Her interpretation of her character is just mind boggling. God, it was going to be Betsy Wolfe. Can you imagine how much better it would be? Sigh.
"

Given by your profile picture you seem to be a little bit biased. I'm excited to see her take the Tony on Sunday. I knew she would right after I witness her singing Mister Snow. She is revelatory.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#84CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 12:54pm

bk said: "CDs have always held over seventy-four minutes, it was just dangerous to do it on the old days and pressing plants wouldn't guarantee the CDs if you got over seventy-six minutes - but for the past two decades going to seventy-nine is guaranteed and there are no problems doing so."

Fascinating! This might explain why my first copy of the 79 minute Vanessa Williams Kiss of the Spider Woman CD would behave erratically and why I was always unable to rip the music into iTunes until I purchased a second copy that didn't have issues.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#85CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 2:14pm

EllieRose2 said: "Sondheimite said:

"About Mendez: I thought she was in a totally different show when I saw the production. I thought she was... totally somewhere else."

Totally agree. She isquite the worst possible person to be in that role. Her interpretation of her character is just mind boggling. God, it was going to be Betsy Wolfe. Can you imagine how much better it would be? Sigh.
"

Agreed.  I was wishing that two Wolfes had been involved:  Betsy replacing Lindsay and George C. replacing Jack O'.  

Broadway World's Fireman.
Updated On: 6/10/18 at 02:14 PM

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#86CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 2:16pm

Lindsey Mendez sort of sounds like a toned down version of Rosie Perez when she sings these songs.

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#87CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 2:40pm

CDs can actually hold approximately 80 minutes of music.

Others have been correct here about some of the earlier players possibly not being able to handle anything past 72 or 74 minutes. Interesting tidbit: when they were developing CD, the benchmark was that they wanted one disc to be able to hold a complete performance of Beethoven's 9th Symphony.

Updated On: 6/10/18 at 02:40 PM

Sally Durant Plummer
#88CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 2:53pm

I’ll be rooting for Mendez tonight. Unless Park pulls an upset, I think the Tony is hers. Nothing else from Carousel should win (and in a stronger season wouldn’t have been nominated), but I’m excited for Mendez and her extraordinarily performance.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#89CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 3:28pm

Lindsay gave a great performance aside from her accent. A capable director would have told her to drop it.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#90CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 5:54pm

"Given by your profile picture you seem to be a little bit biased. I'm excited to see her take the Tony on Sunday. I knew she would right after I witness her singing Mister Snow. She is revelatory."

I am not biased at all, I just randomly chose that photo because I had just watched Rent: Live on Broadway and remember how amazing Adam Kantor is in everything he does, including being the best Jamie I had ever seen.  Betsy would have been a much better choice for Carrie.  People on this board were very disappointed, some even said she was the reason they bought tickets.  It's interesting you think she is a lock on the Tony Award.  Ashley Park is pretty amazing. Typically when shows are SO awful, they don't win many major awards.  But, I sure hope Joshua wins tonight!

Updated On: 6/10/18 at 05:54 PM

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#91CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 7:33pm

Sondheimite said: "About Mendez:

I thought she was in a totally different show when I saw the production. I thought she was... totally somewhere else. It felt somehow too modern of a performance for a classic musical (or, at least this production of Carousel). But, then again, I thought Jessie and Joshua were in separate musicals from each other. And that the set was from a community theater's production. And that the lighting was basically non-existent.

This is just another post where I'm taking about how much I hated this production.
"

I agree, they were all doing their own productions of Carousel. This happened last season with The Glass Menagerie and I always say blame the director. Part of the director's job is to get the actors all in the same world and to refine their performances within the world. Jack O'Brien didn't clearly create a world for his Carousel.

Also, Mendez is good in the show, but her accent, dear god.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#92CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:49pm

She must be doing something on that stage that doesn’t translate to the album. Hers was the only win of the night that truly baffled me.

teatime2
#93CAROUSEL revival cast album to be released 7/13; tracklisting and cover
Posted: 6/10/18 at 11:54pm

EllieRose2 said: ""Given by your profile pictureyou seem to be a little bit biased. I'm excited to see her take the Tony on Sunday. I knew she would right after I witnessher singing Mister Snow. She is revelatory."

I am not biased at all, I just randomly chose that photo because I had just watched Rent: Live on Broadway and remember how amazing Adam Kantor is in everything he does, including being the best Jamie I had ever seen.Betsy would have been a much better choice for Carrie. People on this board were very disappointed, some even said she was the reason they bought tickets. It's interesting you think she is a lock on the Tony Award. Ashley Park is pretty amazing. Typically when shows are SO awful, they don't win many major awards. But, I sure hope Joshua wins tonight!
"

And look what happened. I hope next year brings you better luck with those predictions. 

Updated On: 6/10/18 at 11:54 PM

Videos