pixeltracker

Cursed Child covers/understudies - Page 3

Cursed Child covers/understudies

Cv611 Profile Photo
Cv611
#50Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 3:05pm

PThespian said: "James Romney is on as Albus today. He is rocking it!"

Does anyone know if Sam is out all week or just today? I have tickets tomorrow so I’m just wondering...

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#51Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 3:09pm

^ His instagram shows he's on vacation upstate, so I'm assuming he'll be out all week.

rwkpa26
#52Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 3:17pm

Anthony is out next week, right?

Lauren2
#53Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 3:49pm

I guess I came at the right time between everyone’s vacation! How is James doing? Can you give us some specifics?

willep
#54Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 6:20pm

VotePeron said: "^ His instagram shows he's on vacation upstate, so I'm assuming he'll be out all week."

I don’t think the Hamptons (as seen on his Instagram) is considered upstate, but I do think someone, perhaps PThespian, mentioned that he is taking the week off.

Lauren2
#55Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 6:54pm

So James is on as Albus right now and I know Joey can do Albus as well. The question is who understudies for Scorpius? Who is going to go on next week?

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#57Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/25/18 at 10:51pm

Lauren2 said: "So James is on as Albus right now and I know Joey can do Albus as well. The question is who understudies for Scorpius? Who is going to go on next week? "

There are three Scorpius understudies: Jess, Nathan, and Alex.

My guess is eithet Nathan or Alex as Jess is Yann. 

James was a likely Albus to go on first as the other understudies (Ben and Joey) have supporting roles and so someone would have to go on for them. It's easier if it's an ensemble/on-stage swing.

Lauren2
#59Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/26/18 at 6:25pm

Lots of understudies on tonight! Tell us how they do!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#60Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/26/18 at 8:31pm

PThespian said: "Madeline Weinstein is on for Delphi tonight. Malika Samuel is on for Polly Chapman. James Romney is on for Albus "

Love it! You think there'll still be understudies on Sunday? That's the earliest I can get to the theater. Cursed Child covers/understudies

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#62Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 7/26/18 at 11:50pm

Cool, cool. Thanks for posting when someone's on. Bummed that I missed seeing Stuart on for Jamie as well as Angie for Poppy. I do adore understudies and swings. I don't think I've ever seen someone go on and was unhappy about it (there was one person I saw in another show many moons ago who had no reason to be understudying the role that they were in but that's a different story. LOL.). 

rwkpa26
#63Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/1/18 at 1:41pm

Nathan Salstone is on as Scorpius today!

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#64Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/1/18 at 1:41pm

Nathan Salstone will be making his Scorpius debut today, per various social media posts.

Lauren2
#66Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/1/18 at 10:05pm

How was Nathan? 

jenhum
#67Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/5/18 at 1:15pm

PThespian (or anyone else), do you happen to know if anyone is out this week? My daughter and I are coming this Wednesday (8/8). I was really hoping to see Anthony, but honestly I'm so excited to see the show I'll be thrilled no matter who does it! 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#68Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/5/18 at 2:24pm

jenhum said: "PThespian (or anyone else), do you happen to know if anyone isout this week? My daughter and I are coming this Wednesday (8/8). I was really hoping to see Anthony, but honestly I'm so excited to see the show I'll be thrilled no matter who does it!"

Anthony should be back next week. Of the leads, only Paul and Noma haven't been on vacation yet so it might be possible one of them will be out.

DavidDSimon
#69Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/5/18 at 10:51pm

Lauren2 said: "How was Nathan?"

Just saw show for first time last night and saw Nathan.  So can't compare him to Anthony but I thought he was absolutely wonderful - as was the entire show. 

Danielle0314
#70Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/6/18 at 11:21am

Fyi, I think PThespian left the site. Cursed Child covers/understudies

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#71Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/6/18 at 5:25pm

Lauren2 said: "How was Nathan?"

I thoroughly enjoyed his performances. IMHO he played up the geek/nerd parts of Scorpius. He wasn't as spastic as Anthony but they had some similar quirks. Interestingly enough, he made one or two choices that Anthony did in London but no longer did on Broadway. He did very well.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#72Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/6/18 at 6:22pm

This is a bit after the fact but I saw the show last week and did not even realize I had any understudies. My main priority was catching Anthony so I just glanced at the cast list and once I confirmed he was on, I put it away. I only now realize looking back at my cast list that I had James on for Albus and honestly, I never would have guessed that he wasn't the full time performer for the role. He was wonderful, had fantastic chemistry working opposite all of his main scene partners. If I never went back and looked at the cast list, I never would have known. He's that good in the role.

Lauren2
#73Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/6/18 at 7:42pm

Can I ask what you mean or what he did that Anthony did in London but not on Broadway? And if you need to private message me that’s fine.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#74Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/6/18 at 9:19pm

Lauren2 said: "Can I ask what you mean or what he did that Anthony did in London but not on Broadway? And if you need to private message me that’s fine. "

It's just a different way he (Anto) delivered lines. Actually, all of the London cast have changed the way they deliveres some of their compared to what they did in London (at least the last time I saw them). 

But in the case of Nathan, he delivered a line in a little humorous way, which Anto used to do; Anto now delivers the line more hopeful. Nothing too different. The line works either way.

I appreciate how understudies bring another facet to a character. And it looks like all the understudies so far have been spot on.

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#75Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/6/18 at 9:20pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "This is a bit after the fact but I saw the show last week and did not even realize I had any understudies. My main priority was catching Anthony so I just glanced at the cast list and once I confirmed he was on,I put it away. I only now realize looking back at my cast list that I had James on for Albus and honestly, I never would have guessed that he wasn't the full time performer for the role. He was wonderful, had fantastic chemistry working opposite all of his main scene partners. If I never went back and looked at the cast list, I never would have known. He's that good in the role."

How awesome! Did you have Maddie as Delphi, too?

Lauren2
#76Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/6/18 at 9:22pm

Thats interesting because I feel like Anto does it in a humorous way. 

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#77Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/6/18 at 10:27pm

Lauren2 said: "Thats interesting because I feel like Anto does it in a humorous way."

I'm just talking about one line that occurs in Act 4 not the entire play.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#78Cursed Child covers/understudies
Posted: 8/7/18 at 12:34am

sorano916 said: "How awesome! Did you have Maddie as Delphi, too?"

No, both Maddie and Jess were in their normal tracks as Polly and Delphi respectively on the 29th.