pixeltracker

THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews- Page 4

THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews

kingfan011
#75THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/15/18 at 10:06am

So is this Radcliffe's best performance so far?

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#76THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/15/18 at 10:15am

Overall I enjoyed it, and though it was very funny. Jones, Radcliffe, and Cannavale are all excellent, and definitely elevate the material. It's not very deep, and feels like an episode of television as opposed to a fleshed out, developed play. Still, I recommend it because it's enjoyable and short and it's a joy to see the cast on stage.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

Danielle49
#77THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/15/18 at 11:14pm

I also really enjoyed this - what a fun night at the theatre. All three performers are truly fantastic and a joy to watch. The script touches on a lot of heavy topics while maintaining speed and humor (this audience LOVED it) and never being too heavy-handed.

That said, the cast and creative really elevated the material they had. That ending was a bit abrupt, but effective. Radcliffe’s character deserves more substance, and the writing gets pretty clunky in the third act. It works though, and makes for an entertaining evening: very funny, and gives you lots to chew on. I was pleasantly surprised.

Also wanna give a shoutout to Mimi Lien and Palmer Hefferan for their set and sound work - both those elements were also top-notch.

Updated On: 10/15/18 at 11:14 PM

Danielle49
#78THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/16/18 at 10:29pm

If anyone's interested, there are some $59 rear mezzanine seats available for opening night on Thursday. The rear mezz at Studio 54 is certainly not great, but thought I'd give a heads up just in case.

Katarzyna
#79THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/25/18 at 10:08am

I rushed on Tuesday. I was first in line at 8:15am. The second person got there at 8:25am , and there were about 6 peopley by 9am. They had only about 10 tickets that day and they were in the rear mezz.

karissa3
#80THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/25/18 at 12:31pm

How bad IS the rear mezz?? I just keep seeing comments about people saying how horrible it is at Studio 54 which makes me a little nervous. I'm really wanting to see this show but on a bit of a tight budget so wanting to grab one of these discounted rear mezz seats... I'm 5'7" but also pregnant... sounds like leg room is the biggest issue? Thanks for any answers!!

Katarzyna
#81THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/25/18 at 9:14pm

karissa3 said: "How badIS the rear mezz?? I just keep seeing comments about people saying how horrible it is at Studio 54 which makes me a little nervous. I'm really wanting to see this show but on a bit of a tight budget so wanting to grab one of these discounted rear mezz seats... I'm 5'7" but also pregnant... sounds like leg room is the biggest issue? Thanks for any answers!!"

I am 5'6" and there was just enough space for me to sit comfortably. I'd guess you should be fine...

I saw a couple of people leaving their seats and one of them never came back :) 

My husband who is 6'2" did not survive the show.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#82THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/25/18 at 10:01pm

I’m 6’2 and sitting up there is literally torture.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#83THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/25/18 at 10:25pm

After sitting in rear mezz for Cabaret, I’ll never sit there again (I’m also 6’2” with bad knees). It was torture. I will say the ushers were able to reseat me in a rear mezz aisle seat for Act 2 which lessened the torture somewhat. At least I was no longer on the verge of tears. So if rear mezz is all that is in your budget, I’d go for an aisle seat. Also, not sure how much pregnancy weight you’re carrying, but the only reason I got that aisle seat at intermission was because that seat was too slim for the previous seat holder. One of the ushers gave him their usher folding chair which luckily freed up his seat for me.

mmass2
#84THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/30/18 at 11:30am

Long time anon-lurker... first time posting. These boards have always been helpful!

Does anyone know if the cast will be at every performance, or if there are dates that they won't be performing? Mostly concerned as the cast is the main reason I want to go.
Aiming for a Wednesday evening performance.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#85THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/30/18 at 11:51am

mmass2 said: "Long time anon-lurker... first time posting. These boards have always been helpful!

Does anyone know if the cast will be at every performance, or if there are dates that they won't be performing? Mostly concerned as the cast is the main reason I want to go.
"

No scheduled performances off! None have missed a show yet either (as far as I can tell).

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#86THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/30/18 at 11:58am

Radcliffe has never missed a performance of any show he's ever done in New York, period. He's extremely dedicated. Unless he's on death's door, it's a safe assumption he'll be there.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

wonkit
#87THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/30/18 at 12:33pm

AC126748 said: "Radcliffe has never missed a performance of any show he's ever done in New York, period. He's extremely dedicated. Unless he's on death's door, it's a safe assumption he'll be there."

DIdn't he have a family death during one production, and still went on?

mmass2
#88THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/30/18 at 1:06pm

Elegance101 said: "mmass2 said: "Long time anon-lurker... first time posting. These boards have always been helpful!

"

No scheduled performances off! None have missed a show yet either (as far as I can tell).
"

Thanks everyone! These boards always come through..... cheers.

bfreak
#89THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/30/18 at 1:20pm

AC126748 said: "Radcliffe has never missed a performance of any show he's ever done in New York, period. He's extremely dedicated. Unless he's on death's door, it's a safe assumption he'll be there."

I'm pretty sure his understudy went on a few times during The Cripple of Inishmaan, but he's very professional and has an incredible work ethic. He rarely misses!

romain2
#90THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 10/30/18 at 2:03pm

Oh the three actors are so good in this. Cherry Jones is a national treasure, Bobby Cannavale a deft chameleon, and Daniel Radcliffe proves once again that he’s the real deal. And wow look at the graceful transitions between scenes, with one reveal resulting in one of the biggest laughs I have heard in a play. Yes the play only goes so deep, but it’s a joy watching the gifted talents involved making it an engaging night.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#91THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 12/6/18 at 9:52pm

I finally got around to seeing this tonight and found very little to like about it besides the performances from the three actors. The writing and material is dull and repetitive beyond belief. It attempts to be deep and philosophical and thought provoking, but sadly it is never any of these things. It feels a lot longer than its 90 minute run time. I didn’t despise this as much as Network or Straight White Man, but I would definitely say this is completely skippable. 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#92THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 12/6/18 at 9:58pm

I saw this a few weeks ago and totally forgot to comment on it! I am in agreement with bwayphreak234. I found it completely middling and just okay. Nothing is outright bad about it; it just feels circular and repetitive. Like, I got the point of the play 10 minutes into it. The performances are all fine, but yes, not must-see theatre by any stretch. The definition of a middle-of-the-road play.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#93THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 12/6/18 at 10:14pm

I’m not expecting it to be my favorite of my Jan. 4 - 7 trip, but I’ve been wanting to see it mainly for the cast (I saw Cherry Jones in The Glass Menagerie on the West End; just amazing; I told her at the stage door after it was like watching a master class in acting; been wanting to see the Radcliffe and Cannavale) plus it’s only available play that interests me for my Sunday evening slot.

Danielle49
#94THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 12/7/18 at 12:23am

Miles2Go2 said: "I’m not expecting it to be my favorite of my Jan. 4 - 7 trip, but I’ve been wanting to see it mainly for the cast (I saw Cherry Jones in The Glass Menagerie on the West End; just amazing; I told her at the stage door after it was like watching a master class in acting; been wanting to see the Radcliffe and Cannavale) plus it’s only available play that interests me for my Sunday evening slot. "

You’ll have a good time! I, for one, really enjoyed this when I saw it during previews. All three performers were wonderful. Sure, the script has problems and it’s not by any means a groundbreaking theatrical masterpiece, but it’s a fun night out for sure.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#95THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 12/7/18 at 12:31am

That’s what I figured. I tend to like less serious, sometimes shorter productions to end my trip with. So this should be just the ticket.

lila12
#96THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 12/8/18 at 12:19am

Has anyone rushed this one recently? I am thinking of going with a friend next Saturday to either performance and wondering whether folks have been successful/what times they have arrived. 

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#97THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 12/8/18 at 2:57am

I’d like to know too. Last I heard rush tickets were rear mezzanine for this. Maybe now that demand has lessened somewhat, rush tickets are for better seats? I hope so. I will NEVER sit in rear mezz at Studio 54 after suffering through Cabaret (due to the seat, not the show) up there with my TKTS ticket. My impression is it’s pretty easy to get rush tix for this, but if they’re still for rear mezz, I’ll just take my chances at TKTS or purchase with a discount code.

rebeccmam31
#98THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 12/8/18 at 6:34am

Miles2Go2 said: "I’m not expecting it to be my favorite of my Jan. 4 - 7 trip, but I’ve been wanting to see it mainly for the cast (I saw Cherry Jones in The Glass Menagerie on the West End; just amazing; I told her at the stage door after it was like watching a master class in acting; been wanting to see the Radcliffe and Cannavale) plus it’s only available play that interests me for my Sunday evening slot."

I hope you totally enjoy it. I found it delightful. No, it's not the sort of theater that changed me or really stuck with me, but I found it a completely enjoyable evening.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#99THE LIFESPAN OF A FACT Previews
Posted: 12/8/18 at 12:23pm

rebeccmam31 said: "Ihope you totally enjoy it. I found it delightful. No, it's not the sort of theater that changed me or really stuck with me, but I found it a completely enjoyable evening."

Thanks! That’s all I need it to be. Any information on rush tickets as far as where they’re located these days? I believe I wouldn’t need to line-up too early before noon on Sunday to get one for the evening performance, but I refuse to ever sit rear mezz in Studio 54 again after being stuck in those zero-legroom seats for Cabaret. If that’s all they’re offering, I’ll either go to TKTS or pre-purchase with a discount code.