pixeltracker

RUBEN & CLAY’S FIRST ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CAROL FAMILY FUN PAGEANT SPECTACULAR REUNION SHOW- Page 6

RUBEN & CLAY’S FIRST ANNUAL CHRISTMAS CAROL FAMILY FUN PAGEANT SPECTACULAR REUNION SHOW

\_(•_•)_/ Profile Photo
\_(•_•)_/
#125Ruben
Posted: 11/20/18 at 7:05pm

I admit, all I do is troll on these boards, and post casting announcements and show closings from years ago. I never talk about “true” stuff.

However, this is a major turn off from me wanting to spend my hard earned money on this show. The level of disbelief and denial you are in is quite hysterical. You don’t want this show to be the next “Home for the Holidays” but it’s exactly that.

You are told this show isn’t selling, but your response back is that they are lying because the box office opened today. But if you truly cared about this production you would know that tickets have been selling for well over a month.

These people on the boards, are true theatre geeks and nerds, (if we want to use those terms haha) but at the end of the day, they are fueling this show. When you call all the members “liars and dumb*****” because they disagree with you, they won’t want to see the show and you are loosing even more money.

This show isn’t going to sell, plus you have now told the board that the lead producer has left the show and the director has left two weeks before the show starts. Because you are so afraid of this being the next home for the holidays.

Plot twist: this is the next Home for the Holidays.

MassiveMeGo Profile Photo
MassiveMeGo
#126Ruben
Posted: 11/20/18 at 7:15pm

_(•_&bullRuben_/ said: "I admit, all I do is troll on these boards, and post casting announcements and show closings from years ago. I never talk about “true” stuff.

However, this is a major turn off from me wanting to spend my hard earned money on this show. The level of disbelief and denial you are in is quite hysterical. You don’t want this show to be the next “Home for the Holidays” but it’s exactly that.

You are told this show isn’t selling, but your response back is that they are lying because the box office opened today. But if you truly cared about this production you would know that tickets have been selling for well over a month.

These people on the boards, are true theatre geeks and nerds, (if we want to use those terms haha) but at the end of the day, they are fueling this show. When you call all the members “liars and dumb*****” because they disagree with you, they won’t want to see the show and you are loosing even more money.

This show isn’t going to sell, plus you have now told the board that the lead producer has left the show and the director has left two weeks before the show starts. Because you are so afraid of this being the next home for the holidays.

"

Actually you are all entertaining yourselves by putting words in my mouth and deliberately misquoting what I said. I called nobody a dumba** or a liar. I never said a producer left, I said that was a mistake in the announcement. I also never said the director left because one was not announced until just recently.

I don't give a rat's patooty if you come or not. I just want people reading here to get at least some balance against all your negativity. 

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#127Ruben
Posted: 11/20/18 at 7:16pm

MassiveMeGo said: "_(•_&bullRuben_/ said: "I admit, all I do is troll on these boards, and post casting announcements and show closings from years ago. I never talk about “true” stuff.

"

Actually you are all entertaining yourselves by putting words in my mouth and deliberately misquoting what I said. I called nobody a dumba** or a liar. I never said a producer left, I said that was a mistake in the announcement. I also never said the director left because one was not announced until just recently.

I don't give a rat's patooty if you come or not. I just want people reading here to get at least some balance against all your negativity.

"

Broadway World's Fireman.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#128Ruben
Posted: 11/20/18 at 7:19pm

So... uh..... any word on if they are going to stage door yet?

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18
Updated On: 11/20/18 at 07:19 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#129Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 9:56am

I am thankful that in the year of our lord 2018, this thread exists.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#130Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 10:28am

MassiveMeGo said: "Actually you are all entertaining yourselves by putting words in my mouth and deliberately misquoting what I said. I called nobody a dumba** or a liar. I never said a producer left, I said that was a mistake in the announcement. I also never said the director left because one was not announced until just recently.

"

You said, "I concede that Jeffrey may be involved but he is no longer listed as the producer in recent articles and several other things have changed since that first announcement a month ago."

He was the first producer named in the initial press releases. How is that a mistake? He's still listed on Playbill and IBDB and in some of the recent articles, as well. Is the production so incompetent that they are letting someone not producing continue to be listed? 

And we were talking about producers, and you brought up the creative team to prove... what? That this is not physically the same production as Home for the Holidays?

You're not balancing out negativity, you're just delusional.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#131Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 10:28am

Ruben

Ruben

GO!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#132Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 10:35am

This thread is bonkers. I was wondering why this thread had so many posts as the initial subject matter wouldn't lead me to believe anybody would be that interested in discussing this show.

Updated On: 11/21/18 at 10:35 AM

Mister Matt
#133Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 10:42am

Welcome to the BWW of yesteryear.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#134Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 10:43am

I have to say I saw clips of both singing holiday songs from the show and it felt very nostalgic and nice for this time of year. I’m not sure it’ll sell well and I’m not booking my flights to attend, but I wish it no ill-will. I’m more of a Ruben fan (I also met him once in the Oklahoma City airport and he was very nice), but I think holiday music is perfect for Clay’s mode of singing.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#135Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 11:08am

I don't think ANYONE wishes it ill- will - just that they have no expectations of this being

a -- good

b -- well sold.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

musical3
#136Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 12:18pm

The Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals of yesteryear drew audiences of all ages to Broadway.  Many became so fond of Broadway productions early on in life.  I hope that this offering will help build that interest to ensure future generations of Broadway fans.

dramamama611
#137Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 12:48pm

musical3 said: "The Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals of yesteryear drew audiences of all ages to Broadway. Many became so fond of Broadway productions early on in life. I hope that this offering will help build that interest to ensure future generations of Broadway fans."

What young peopme are listening to these two guys? And how does an xmas concert connect newbies to a bway  show?

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#138Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 1:01pm

They aren’t and it doesn’t. It’s not going to be Hamilton or The Band’s Visit or, for that matter, Elf or A Christmas Story and they seem to know that. They’re offering a nostalgic, perhaps kitschy hour or two of holiday music. Nothing revolutionary. If I was in NYC, there’s about 13 or more shows I’d see before I’d see it so I’m not sure it’ll do well. It most likely won’t sell well, but it likely will have low overhead. It’s likely be a couple of non-offensive hours of holiday music where families can relax and engage in some nostalgia without worrying about someone being offended. But no. Young people won’t pick this on their own and it will not likely be a great introduction to musical theater.

Lavieboheme3090 Profile Photo
Lavieboheme3090
#139Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 1:06pm

I think my new favorite Holiday tradition is going to be throwing an empty wine glass across the room and accusing someone of being a producer on Ruben & Clay’s First Annual Christmas Carol Family Fun Pageant Spectacular Reunion Show!

musical3
#140Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 1:08pm

dramamama611 said: "musical3 said: "The Rodgers & Hammerstein musicals of yesteryear drew audiences of all ages to Broadway. Many became so fond of Broadway productions early on in life. I hope that this offering will help build that interest to ensure future generations of Broadway fans."

What young peopme are listening to these two guys? And how does an xmas concert connect newbies to a bway show?
"

It's a family oriented offering and it is on Broadway.  It's not designed to be an introduction to musical theater.  Fascinating reaction  on this thread to what I would consider an innocuous, brief run of holiday entertainment.

Sondheimite
#141Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 1:16pm

musical3 said: "
It's a family oriented offering and it is on Broadway. It's not designed to be an introduction to musical theater. Fascinating reaction on this thread to what I would consider an innocuous, brief run of holiday entertainment."

You also said, " hope that this offering will help build that interest to ensure future generations of Broadway fans."

What do you really think?  Why does your idea seem to change once it's challenged?

Kids will sit through this show bored and antsy.  This will, if anything, discourage kids for pursuing theatre.

dramamama611
#142Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 1:17pm

musical3 said: "I hope that this offering will help build that interest to ensure future generations of Broadway fans."

But YOU said the above quote which is what prompted my answer.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#143Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 1:20pm

Musical3 it’s very obvious that you are MassiveMeGo since the only posts you have made has been in this thread.

You just need to stop responding, you are just doing more damage to your show. You are in the performing arts business (I assume, since you stated you work for the show), not everyone is going to like what you put out. It’s clear people on these boards don’t care about this show, you are not going to change their minds. So why keep bothering?

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#144Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 1:39pm

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving.

Sondheimite
#145Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 1:40pm

Clay is aware, now, of MassiveMeGo's outbursts on this thread so I doubt we'll be seeing him back under that name.

How interesting that a new poster appears with the same talking points right as MassiveMeGo has been told to stop....

Updated On: 11/24/18 at 01:40 PM

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#146Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 1:47pm

This thread is just so disrespectful. CLAY AND RUBEN ARE MORE THAN AMERICAN IDOL STARS.

musical3
#147Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 2:31pm

Sondheimite said: "musical3 said: "
It's a family oriented offering and it is on Broadway. It's not designed to be an introduction to musical theater. Fascinating reaction on this thread to what I would consider an innocuous, brief run of holiday entertainment."

You also said, "hope that this offering will help build that interest to ensure future generations of Broadway fans."

What do you really think? Why does your idea seem to change once it's challenged?

Kids will sit through this show bored and antsy. This will, if anything, discourage kids for pursuing theatre.
"

Wow!  My idea hasn't changed at all...challenge away if that is your pleasure.  You really think that attending a nostalgic holiday show will discourage children from attending future Broadway productions and/or pursuing theater?  Youngsters are surely capable of enjoying shows other than Disney offerings, however attentional abilities certainly vary.  I reiterate my hope that a Broadway theater experience would be enjoyable for audiences of all ages and thereby produce long lasting interest in live musical shows.

NOTE:  I'm not MassiveMeGo!  Continued sleuthing Bwayfan292 & Sondheimte. BTW:  Perhaps we share a love for Sondheim, however...Ruben.

Updated On: 11/21/18 at 02:31 PM

Mister Matt
#148Ruben
Posted: 11/21/18 at 2:48pm

This thread is just so disrespectful. CLAY AND RUBEN ARE MORE THAN AMERICAN IDOL STARS.

Ruben

MassiveMeGo Profile Photo
MassiveMeGo
#149Ruben
Posted: 11/23/18 at 11:03pm

musical3 said: "

NOTE: I'm not MassiveMeGo! Continued sleuthing Bwayfan292 & Sondheimte. BTW: Perhaps we share a love for Sondheim, however...Ruben.
"

She/he is telling the truth. I am not musical3 and I'm not Ken either. Somebody (sondheimite) doesn't know how twitter works. Clay won't see or read your crap unless he is following you. No doubt you imagine he sits with cel in hand waiting for you to say something.