pixeltracker

Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video? - Page 2

Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#25Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?
Posted: 2/14/19 at 5:49pm

Needs only one word---adorable.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#26Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?
Posted: 2/14/19 at 7:05pm

Angel and Collins singing I'll Cover You in 1996 was groundbreaking.  Not this.

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#27Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?
Posted: 2/14/19 at 8:21pm

^ Exactly. There is nothing groundbreaking about two theater professionals of the same sex declaring love for one another.  As other have said, the theater community has been LGBTQIA+ friendly before any other entertainment medium.  Nice video though. 

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#28Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?
Posted: 2/14/19 at 11:03pm

Now I would definitely goes see these two on tour[which I hope that they do, together] as they leave the uncharismatic Mr Platt in the wings.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#29Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?
Posted: 2/15/19 at 12:03am

I hope the people professing their shruggy reactions to this had a GREAT Valentine's Day!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

vanbrig Profile Photo
vanbrig
#30Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?
Posted: 2/15/19 at 1:42am

I wouldn't call it "groundbreaking" by any means, but it was definitely cute and a sweet gesture. 

LizzieCurry said: "I hope the people professing their shruggy reactions to this had a GREAT Valentine's Day!"

Eh, it was fine. A decent day overall. Thanks for asking. 

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#31Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?
Posted: 2/15/19 at 1:18pm

This was the first time I've heard Ben Levi Ross sing a full song, and now I'm even more looking forward to seeing him on the tour next month.

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#32Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?
Posted: 2/15/19 at 1:34pm

Tag said: "Angel and Collins singing I'll Cover You in 1996 was groundbreaking. Not this."

Agreed. 

This DEH video is still pretty cute, though I wouldn't consider it groundbreaking. 

SonofRobbieJ Profile Photo
SonofRobbieJ
#33Slightly groundbreaking Dear Evan Hansen video?
Posted: 2/15/19 at 2:13pm

Wick3 said: "Tag said: "Angel and Collins singing I'll Cover You in 1996 was groundbreaking. Not this."

Agreed.

This DEH video is still pretty cute, though I wouldn't consider it groundbreaking.
"

And Marvin singing What More Can I Say? in bed with Whizzer post-sex (as implied in the original staging and Michael Rupert's perfect performance predated Angel and Collins by four-five years. 

Some reactions in this thread remind me of my favorite Alice Walker quote: I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.'