pixeltracker

Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie - Page 2

Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie

jimmycurry01
#25Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/3/19 at 10:37am

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "

Ugh.

Can’t we just have the original black and white film left in peace?
"

While I don't believe this movie will ever be made, least of all featuring Glenn Close, this remains one of the most juvenile responses to me.

Does a remake cause an original film to disappear in any way? No. Does a remake somehow take away meaning from the original? No. Does a remake cause people to forget the original or tarnish our view of that original film? No.

Is it possible that a remake will cause people to want to review the original or see it for the first time? Yes. Is it possible that a remake will rekindle interest in the original? Yes.

How does a remake of a film, in any way, disrupt the "peace" of the original? The only thing a remake could possibly do is point out to the general public that an original version does exist, and that it might be worth watching.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#26Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/3/19 at 11:07am

Plannietink08 said: "SweetLips22 said: "If Ms Close is doing this, why not Ms Streisand--a much better sell [and voice]."

Her face hasn't moved since the early 90's - she'd look exactly the same during the mad moments as she would during her calm moments.
"

What on Earth are you even talking about?  Streisand, like many other older actresses, has never had work done to her face.  She, like these other actresses, know tricks to soften their looks for camera.  Techniques that have been used since the 1930s.  Even Cher has stopped with the fillers and has let her natural face surface after decades of cosmetically enhancing her face.  Cher finally has started looking her age.  

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#27Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/3/19 at 2:53pm

Genius-well said.

Want a hug?

Edit---referring to Jimmycurry01

Updated On: 3/3/19 at 02:53 PM

jo
#28Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/3/19 at 4:56pm

This is what Baz Bamigboye shared on his news about the filmization of the stage musical of SUNSET BOULEVARD,

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6758785/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Hollywood-legend-Glenn-Close-isnt-heading-sunset-yet.html

Sorry for the messy post.  Can't delete the extraneous info.

Updated On: 3/3/19 at 04:56 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#29Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/3/19 at 5:06pm

rattleNwoolypenguin said: "Can’t we just have the original black and white film left in peace?"

I think that movie will remain intact and available whether or not a musical version happens.

jo
#30Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/3/19 at 5:13pm

This was the part I wanted to highlight from the Baz Bamigboye report on the status --

"Paramount Pictures, the studio behind Wilder’s movie, have contracted British writer Tom MacRae, who wrote the book and lyrics for acclaimed show Everybody’s Talking About Jamie, to write the script for the new film. MacRae has been told to make old Hollywood a big character in the picture, which Rob Ashford will direct and choreograph."

So, a scriptwriter is already working on the adapted screenplay.

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#31Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/3/19 at 9:51pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "Plannietink08 said: "SweetLips22 said: "If Ms Close is doing this, why not Ms Streisand--a much better sell [and voice]."

Her face hasn't moved since the early 90's - she'd look exactly the same during the mad moments as she would during her calm moments.
"

What on Earth are you even talking about? Streisand, like many other older actresses, has never had work done to her face. She, like these other actresses, know tricks to soften their looks for camera. Techniques that have been used since the 1930s. Even Cher has stopped with the fillers and has let her natural face surface after decades of cosmetically enhancing her face. Cher finally has started looking her age.
"

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. You're claiming that Streisand has not had any work done.....

Darreyl with an L!

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#32Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/4/19 at 5:05am

I'll believe it when Mr Ridge announces the supporting cast wearing bermuda shorts and a Golds Gym Tee.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#33Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/4/19 at 10:03am

This project may collapse, like many projects do after this sort of announcement. However, since it seems Paramount has a director and a screenwriter lined up (according to the DailyFail which I'm weary of believing if not for the Hollywood Reporter's other report), then I don't see why we can't have some fun discussing it until we find out nothing is being done with this project come October. In one of Close's latest Instagram videos, she talks about resting before entering the next "phase" that will require some energy.

bk
#34Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/4/19 at 11:25am

NONE of this is coming from Paramount, for God's sake.  Paramount has made one comment thus far: "No comment."  This is ALL coming from Mr. Lloyd Webber's publicity office.  I mean, with every new planted item this becomes not only more obvious but more ludicrous.  And funny, if they've just contracted this writer who has, what, one show under his belt, they'll be shooting this in October?  My goodness.    

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#35Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/4/19 at 11:34am

bk said: "NONE of this is coming from Paramount, for God's sake. Paramount has made one comment thus far: "No comment." This is ALL coming from Mr. Lloyd Webber's publicity office. I mean, with every new planted item this becomes not only more obvious but more ludicrous. And funny, if they've just contracted this writer who has, what, one show under his belt, they'll be shooting this in October? My goodness."

That's what I find odd about this too. Like they just contacted this writer or has he been working on the screenplay for a while? Maybe this DailyFail writer didn't mean they JUST contacted this writer. If ALW is only using this to get more publicity...why? He has an actual Cats film coming out and being filmed as we speak. Why is he wasting "capital" with this Sunset rumor? Is it because Close has been in the news recently? 

Loopin’theloop
#36Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/6/19 at 4:00am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Plannietink08 said: "SweetLips22 said: "If Ms Close is doing this, why not Ms Streisand--a much better sell [and voice]."

"

What on Earth are you even talking about? Streisand, like many other older actresses, has never had work done to her face. She, like these other actresses, know tricks to soften their looks for camera. Techniques that have been used since the 1930s. Even Cher has stopped with the fillers and has let her natural face surface after decades of cosmetically enhancing her face. Cher finally has started looking her age.
"

You need some work done on those eyes 

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#37Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/6/19 at 8:39am

From the article: It will be the second film using a score by Lloyd Webber to go before the cameras.

Huh? What about JC SUPERSTAR and EVITA?

And if Paramount has hired a screenwriter, that's a good sign, but it also means we're still a ways off. No way October is filming. They'd have to be in heavy pre-production now.

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#38Its official Sunset Blvd The Movie
Posted: 3/11/19 at 12:55pm

Niles Silvers said: "in the movies, you really don't have to worry about the voices - everything can be fixed."

Tell that to Russell Crowe.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage