pixeltracker

Gary: A Sequel To Titus Andronicus Previews - Page 13

Gary: A Sequel To Titus Andronicus Previews

Tom5
#300Gary
Posted: 5/6/19 at 12:18am

Regarding merchandising for Gary I understand that the acting edition will come as a pop up book.

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#301Gary
Posted: 5/6/19 at 12:36am

Someone in a Tree2 said: "^ By which you mean, she was smart to bow out of a role that won her successor a Tony nomination, in a show nominated for an additional 5 Tonys?"

Exactly!  It's a lean year...they had to nominate SOMEONE.  I'm sure winning a Tony for doing this doo doo 8 shows a week would be a masked achievement.

carnzee
#302Gary
Posted: 5/6/19 at 1:12am

"I'm sure winning a Tony for doing this doo doo 8 shows a week would be a masked achievement"

Playing The Phantom of the Opera is a masked achievement.

52889j
#303Gary
Posted: 5/6/19 at 1:44pm

Skip23 said: "Someone in a Tree2 said: "^ By which you mean, she was smart to bow out of a role that won her successor a Tony nomination, in a show nominated for an additional 5 Tonys?"

Exactly! It's a lean year...they had to nominate SOMEONE. I'm sure winning a Tony for doing this doo doo 8 shows a week would bea masked achievement.

"

Mercedes Ruehl and Joan Allen are quivering.

Bernhardt/Hamlet, The Nap, The Lifespan of a Fact, American Son, Network, Hillary & Clinton, To Kill a Mockingbird, and The New One are fuming.

Updated On: 5/6/19 at 01:44 PM

Tom5
#304Gary
Posted: 5/6/19 at 3:01pm

Not so fast, Sir! I am sure anyone winning a Tony for Gary will accept it wearing a mask.

Dkinny23
#305Gary
Posted: 5/7/19 at 6:46pm

Just a rush update in case anyone is wondering: got to the theater at 5:30pm for the 7pm show tonight (Tuesday) and got one ticket orchestra row O (second to last row in the back) seat 15 — this was last seat of the row against the wall house right. Full view! Show hasn’t started yet but as now looks like a perfect view! Overhang of the Mezz goes out a bit but I don’t think it’ll obstruct anything, assuming not too much happens on the top/ceiling haha

Jarethan
#306Gary
Posted: 5/25/19 at 1:20am

Finally saw this.  Four of us went, three didn't like it, my wife loved it.  Of course, she admitted that it is practically impossible for her not to love anything with Nathan Lane.

Positives.  Lane and Nielson were wonderful; even those of us who didn't like the show loved their performances.  All four of us were cold re Julie White's performance, but we were all pretty sure we knew why.  She talked in such an unpleasant falsetto, that it really was grating.  We all acknowledged that the chosen voice was presumably to reflect the slashed throat,  but it was still very annoying.  Maybe she was having an off-nite, because we all struggled to understand what she was saying pretty much all the time.  The production design was very creative, but the novelty really wore thin pretty quickly.   There were some funny lines, and Lane and Nielson's quiet moments were lovely.

Negatives:  I remember reading that Lane agreed to do the show because he said it was one of the funniest scripts he had ever read.  I wish he would come to my house and explain why he thought that.  The first time I read about the play, I thought the idea was very clever, but in my wildest imagination I did not expect what I saw.  I did not know what to make of it.  And what was the point of the Dancing guys with huge pretend penises...I assume those 5 people added to the weekly nut, for what value?????

I hope I live long enough (I am 68) to see what happens to this play over time.  Will it be dismissed as a stupid / failed attempt at something different, or a masterpiece for the ages, whose audiences (or at least some members of the audiences) just didn't get it.  Like me.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#307Gary
Posted: 5/25/19 at 9:24am

This was one of the most disappointing things I’ve ever seen. Andrea Martin dodged a bullet by “getting injured”. She (and everyone else) deserves better than this mess.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#308Gary
Posted: 5/25/19 at 10:18am

Jordan Catalano said: "This was one of the most disappointing things I’ve ever seen. Andrea Martin dodged a bullet by “getting injured”. She (and everyone else) deserves better than this mess. "

If I remember correctly, per an interview posted here a few weeks ago, she actually did get injured slipping in the shower and ended up breaking four ribs. Not sure what you are trying to insinuate with the quotation marks

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#309Gary
Posted: 5/25/19 at 11:10am

It’s pretty obvious exactly what I’m insinuating and I’m almost 100% sure you knew/know that.

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#310Gary
Posted: 5/25/19 at 11:20am

I just realized I've mentioned my thoughts of this show in other threads, but not this one, so even as I saw this a few weeks ago, I very much enjoyed it. This is totally not everyone's play, but I adored it. The text is so dense, I feel like I missed a lot of jokes and this would be a blast to either see again or read the script. The only complaint I agree with on this show is the message is a bit all over the place, but that never dampened the show for me. I really hope to go back before it closes (and honestly seeing the grossings, that won't be hard at all).