pixeltracker

Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30

Ross Friedman
#1Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 7:35am

I am having difficulty selling my Harry Potter tickets for Saturday March 30 Part A and B.  They are orchestra level seats, and I can cannot travel from Pittsburgh for the show.  Since ticketmaster doesn't release the seats until March 27, I do not physically have them right now.  However, I can transfer the seats via ticketmaster app, and would accept paypal transfer. 

I've never done this before,and haven't seen a show in 20 years.  Guess I'll have to try again soon...

Anyone interested? I paid $725 for the pair and would accept under face value for them.

Orchestra Level Seats!!!
Section ORCHL; Row V; Seat 33 and 35 (together).

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#2Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 8:31am

Talk to Ticketmaster. You might get a refund! 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 9:27am

Highly unlikely (they changed the policy) especially since it's only a few weeks away - but of course, can't hurt to try.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fosse76
#4Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 9:40am

Until the tickets are released (and you can then try and list them on StubHub), Ticketmaster is your only option. When did you buy the tickets? I believe the pre-sale and the first two public releases permitted the return of tickets up to two weeks before the performance. Also. it's Spring Break season, so with higher demand they may be more willing to make the exchange.

The show has been employing dynamic pricing since last year, and holding back a significant number of tickets to keep prices high. However, the strategy has caused a decrease in the top ticket price, so you will have to take a bit of a loss.

Ross Friedman
#5Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 12:41pm

I've previously contacted ticketmaster, who reached out to Lyric theatre.  They denied my request for a refund and said there was nothing they could do.  The inability to sell on stubhub ahead of time seems rather unfair

mattyp4
#6Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 12:48pm

StubHub usually allows you to list tickets even if they haven't been issued. You just list them as a mobile transfer then you transfer them to the buyer through the Ticketmaster app when they are eventually issued. The buyer is notified of this when they go to purchase tickets.

michael122
#7Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 2:49pm

mattyp4 said: "StubHub usually allows you to list tickets even if they haven't been issued. You just list them as a mobile transfer then you transfer them to the buyer through the Ticketmaster app when they are eventually issued. The buyer is notified of this when they go to purchase tickets."

to add to that, stubhub have a specific program for HP tickets because of their high value, and everyone who sells their HP tickets there has to go through some verification process. after that, you can list them ahead of time and you'll just be asked to transfer them through ticketmaster about two days before the show. I sold mine two weeks before the show date and had no issues.

good luck

LuPita2 Profile Photo
LuPita2
#8Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:04pm

Consider selling them much lower than you paid, Stubhub has very reasonable prices for them, especially when the show is only a few hours away.  

ren598
#9Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 3:18pm

You'll have more luck selling to someone on these boards than StubHub.

Not sure what happened to the market for HP tickets.  I had 2 tickets to sell for 2/10.  They were excellent seats (orchestra row J, 10th row from the stage) and I was only asking for what I paid for them ($95 per part plus fees).  I only got 2 inquiries on these boards.   On one ticket, I got back what I paid for.  The other ticket I took a slight loss.  I thought there would be more people who wanted to see the original cast before they left.  I guess I was wrong.

swingmode
#10Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30
Posted: 3/12/19 at 10:13pm

ren598 said: "You'll have more luck selling to someone on these boards than StubHub.

Not sure what happened to the market for HP tickets. I had 2 tickets to sell for 2/10. They were excellent seats (orchestra row J, 10th row from the stage) and I was only asking for what I paid for them ($95 per part plus fees). I only got 2 inquiries on these boards. On one ticket, I got back what I paid for. The other ticket I took a slight loss. I thought there would be more people who wanted to see the original cast before they left. I guess I was wrong.
"

As far as this board goes, it's not that people don't want to see the original cast. It's that they're smart and know how the pricing works. Especially if you live in NYC, it's very possible to get some of the best seats last minute for a price cheaper than a lot of people paid for worse ones. Also, many people on this board have seen the show once, twice, three times etc.. I know I paid a premium price two times for the show and now only search for deals, despite how much I love it. 

I second stubhub. You're a lot more likely to recoup there, as it has tourists who don't really know how the pricing works or simply would rather pay the price to have peace of mind vs struggling to find tickets last minute. That said, if you're super concerned about selling, I would probably lower the price. If someone were to shop around on the official website they could get front orchestra for cheaper than that tbh.

I hope you do sell them or make it to the show though. Fellow yinzer Difficulty selling Harry Potter Tickets I cannot use on Saturday March 30