pixeltracker

'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW- Page 3

'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW

SouthernCakes
#50'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/4/19 at 8:39pm

I feel like if it’s good it’ll get to Broadway and I’ll see it then for a fraction of the price.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#51'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/5/19 at 10:56am

barcelona20 said: "Beloved? I barely know anyone that's even seen it."

How are the two related? Everyone you know is aware of everything that is beloved?

Sondheim_Geek Profile Photo
Sondheim_Geek
#52'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/5/19 at 11:49am

Coming late to the party...

Anyway to get a sub-$99 ticket at this point?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#53'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/5/19 at 11:58am

Not anymore (aside from lottery/rush/etc). The Sunday, Dec 1 evening performance was on sale for $70 yesterday, when I bought mine...

52889j
#54'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/5/19 at 2:02pm

Sondheim_Geek said: "Coming late to the party...

Anyway to get a sub-$99 ticket at this point?
"

TodayTix lottery. I imagine it'll be much easier early in the run.

bickle14
#55'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/10/19 at 10:28am

I got tickets for Nov. 30th.

My wife may have a conflict that day, so I'll have to go alone. I've never bought tickets for NYTW before and didn't realize they were will call only. I guess my options are limited? Try and sell on here and meet the person or see if someone is looking for a ticket day of outside the theatre?

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#56'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/10/19 at 10:33am

bickle14 said: "I got tickets for Nov. 30th.

My wife may have a conflict that day, so I'll have to go alone. I've never bought tickets for NYTW before and didn't realize they were will call only. I guess my options are limited? Try and sell on here and meet the person or see if someone is looking for a ticket day of outside the theatre?
"

You may be able to call the box office directly and change the will call name on one of the tickets (I suggest being specific about that detail since you have two tickets in your order, so you wouldn’t want them to change the name on the entire order... if that makes sense) - - definitely worth a try if you’re able to sell ahead of time! 

whatever2
#57'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/10/19 at 10:43am

bickle14 said: "I got tickets for Nov. 30th.

"

You may be able to call the box office directly and change the will call name on one of the tickets (I suggest being specific about that detail since you have two tickets in your order, so you wouldn’t want them to change the name on the entire order... if that makes sense) - - definitely worth a try if you’re able to sell ahead of time!

that sounds like effort -- and introduces an opportunity for error. you're going to be sitting next to the person who buys your ticket for a couple of hours ... just meet them in front of the theatre before the show!

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)
Updated On: 10/10/19 at 10:43 AM

GreasedLightning
#58'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/10/19 at 11:26am

whatever2 said: "bickle14 said: "I got tickets for Nov. 30th.

"

that sounds like effort-- and introduces an opportunity forerror. you're going to be sitting next to the person who buys your ticket for a couple of hours ... just meet them in front of the theatre before the show!
"

I’ve actually done this exact thing at NYTW before with zero issue... just providing all possible options. 

bickle14
#59'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/10/19 at 12:29pm

GreasedLightning said:

I’ve actually done this exact thing at NYTW before with zero issue... just providing all possibleoptions."

Met the person?

Yea, I'll probably throw up a posting on here closer to the event if that is the case. I just get wary of them backing out and not showing up. Do people do thing like send half money up front and the rest upon meet up? I apologize if this isn't the right place for discussion.

Updated On: 10/10/19 at 12:29 PM

GreasedLightning
#60'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/10/19 at 12:38pm

bickle14 said: "GreasedLightning said:

I’ve actually done this exact thing at NYTW before with zero issue... just providing all possibleoptions."

Met the person?

Yea, I'll probably throw up a posting on here closer to the event if that is the case. I just get wary of them backing out and not showing up. Do people do thing like send half money up front and the rest upon meet up? I apologize if this isn't the right place for discussion.
"

Nope, changed the will call name on a pair of tickets. Kept one under my name, and had the box office be gracious enough to keep the other ticket under a separate name. A friend backed out so I sold it to someone online who could not be there until right before curtain, so I changed the will call name so I did not have to wait outside in the cold and risk missing the start of the show. It worked just fine .

This also alleviates your payment concern. Name isn’t changed at the box office until payment is received, simple is that. If they don’t pay you beforehand, they can’t pick it up. 

It’s a little “effort” but a pretty simplistic transaction. 

bickle14
#61'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/10/19 at 12:48pm

Thanks. I appreciate all the responses.

brian1973
#62'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/20/19 at 1:30pm

This will then  open at the Lyceum in February/March ...

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#63'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/22/19 at 9:04am

Whoa, that's really exciting and a surprisingly a quick turn around from the end of November opening at NYTW

Does anyone know of there are classic 80's music in the show or if its original music?  

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#64'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/22/19 at 9:24am

VernonGersch said: "Whoa, that's really exciting and a surprisingly a quick turn around from the end of November opening at NYTW”

To be clear, what Brian1973 said has not been confirmed. They are merely sharing a rumor that they heard. Maybe from a reliable source, maybe not. I said this before, but I’ll say it again: even if they have their eye on a Broadway space, and even if investors are circling this like vultures, it won’t mean anything if the show gets universally panned by audiences and critics. We have to wait at least until opening before jumping to any conclusions. 

Does anyone know of there are classic 80's music in the show or if its original music? "

The show will presumeably include the original songs from the film, plus new songs by the same writers (John Carney and Gary Clark - who are currently credited with writing the score for the musical). Unclear whether they might also include hits from the era as well, but it does NOT look like those songs will comprise the majority of the show. This is just speculation based on the credits on NYTW’s website. 

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#65'Sing Street' to Become Stage Musical, open at NYTW
Posted: 10/22/19 at 9:39am

thank you JBroadway   feel super fortunate that I scored tickets and quite excited to see it