Hadestown Understudies

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#575Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 10:54am

BJones3 said: "Hello!

I saw Hadestown in November and sat in Orchestra center Row J and it was awesome!

I'm going back with my mom this spring and there are center front row mezzanine seats available for my date. Has anyone sat in these seats and can you see the actors facial expressions? Wondering if I should try these or stick with orchestra J or K since I know I like this view. Thank you so much!
"

Mezz Front row is very close and will be fantastic. If you look at the link below, you can see that the mezzanine overhang goes to row H, so you'll actually be closer than orch row J or K. If the seats are balcony row A (Mezz is 2nd level, balcony is 3rd), Then I would probably recommend sticking tot he orchestra.

suicidalmickeymouse Profile Photo
suicidalmickeymouse
#576Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 11:16am

I would argue there is not a better seat in the house than center front row mezz.

Hunter: Your teeth need whitening./ Heidi: You sound weird./ Jeff: You taste funny.
-Jeff Bowen's worst onstage line flub.

orpheus4
#577Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 11:31am

I do have to agree that the view from the mezz is absolutely wonderful. You notice so much more sitting in mezz, and see so many new things. I personally didn't like front row since I had to lean most of the show but I loved sitting in row c and d in mezz. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#578Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 11:38am

jkcohen626 said: "ACL2006 said: "Other option is to fly in one of the covers from the tour if Eva, Jessie and Grace are all out."

I don't think they can do that because of the turntable/elevator. Lack of it on the tour means the choreo is different. I think it's also a safety thing because it's not really safe to have someone who doesn't really know how to account for a giant hole in the middle of the stage, even if the choreo is relatively similar.
"

Or fly in Kimberly Marable?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Nolan LuPone
#579Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 11:40am

BJones3 said: "Hello!

I saw Hadestown in November and sat in Orchestra center Row J and it was awesome!

I'm going back with my mom this spring and there are center front row mezzanine seats available for my date. Has anyone sat in these seats and can you see the actors facial expressions? Wondering if I should try these or stick with orchestra J or K since I know I like this view. Thank you so much!
"

Hi!

I was there this past October and sat in Mezzanine Row C. Front row mezzanine will have a wonderful view. I even have vision problems, but I could see everything just fine.

BJones3
#580Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 12:03pm

orpheus4 said: "I do have to agree that the view from the mezz is absolutely wonderful. You notice so much more sitting in mezz, and see so many new things. I personally didn't like front row since I had to lean most of the show but I loved sitting in row c and d in mezz."

I was actually kind of worried about this in mezz, having to lean forward or having the railing in my line of vision.  Were you leaning forward to see over the rail or is it just that you feel like you are almost over the actors and have to lean to see them at the front of the stage? I'm kind of leaning towards sticking with what I know and picking seats in orchestra center J or K again. I just love this show so much I want my mom to have the best experience! :)

Updated On: 3/15/22 at 12:03 PM

orpheus4
#581Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 12:21pm

BJones3 said: "orpheus4 said: "I do have to agree that the view from the mezz is absolutely wonderful. You notice so much more sitting in mezz, and see so many new things. I personally didn't like front row since I had to lean most of the show but I loved sitting in row c and d in mezz."

I was actually kind of worried about this in mezz, having to lean forward or having the railing in my line of vision. Were you leaning forward to see over the rail or is it just that you feel like you are almost over the actors and have to lean to see them at the front of the stage? I'm kind of leaning towards sticking with what I know and picking seats in orchestra center J or K again. I just love this show so much I want my mom to have the best experience! :)
"

The railing. Just leaning to see over the railing. I the actors came to the edge of the stage (like when orpheus and euyrdice are laying on the ground, the beginning intros), I couldn't see them unless I leaned forward. I've sat center orch H twice and that was my favorite view. Its just a few rows off from J or K so I know the view and its truly wonderful. 

orpheus4
#582Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 12:32pm

ACL2006 said: "jkcohen626 said: "ACL2006 said: "Other option is to fly in one of the covers from the tour if Eva, Jessie and Grace are all out."

I don't think they can do that because of the turntable/elevator. Lack of it on the tour means the choreo is different. I think it's also a safety thing because it's not really safe to have someone who doesn't really know how to account for a giant hole in the middle of the stage, even if the choreo is relatively similar.
"

Or fly in Kimberly Marable?
"

Kimberly isn't an Eurydice cover. She's Persephone, Workers, and Fates (specifically, accordion fate but can cover the other if needed). 

Is Emily Afton a Eurydice understudy? 

MadsonMelo
#583Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 12:32pm

Hi guys, Im from Brazil and will be on Broadway on the  week of April. Hadestown and Moulin Rouge! are two of the shows that I want to see the most, but aside from digital lottery, theres no way to see these shows in a cheap way, right?

Like, is there an option to get a ticket not from lottery $100 or less with a decent view?

Thanks in advance for the help:)

Nolan LuPone
#584Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 12:50pm

Rush Line is always an option :)

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#585Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 1:05pm

MadsonMelo said: "Hi guys, Im from Brazil and will be on Broadway on the week of April. Hadestown and Moulin Rouge! are two of the shows that I want to see the most, but aside from digital lottery, theres no way to see these shows in a cheap way, right?

Like, is there an option to get a ticket not from lottery $100 or less with a decent view?

"

Moulin Rouge (lamely) only does the lottery. Hadestown does standing room. They only do it if the show sells out, but Hadestown is a popular show in a small theater so it sells out pretty regularly. Hadestown is a LONG show, but you'll get a great view for only $39. 

I'm also not sure what you count as a "decent view." Do you value a non-obstructed view more or being close to the stage more? I'm asking because both shows have side orchestra seats that will be close, but partially obstructed and rear mezzanine seats that will have a full view but pretty far for $100 or less. Neither show is in a very big theatre, so rear mezzanine really wouldn't be so bad. 

Finally, Hadestown also has a small balcony (third level). It's pretty high up, but I've heard that the first row has a solid view (I will be able to report back on its quality after I sit there tomorrow night). Those tickets are usually $50-60. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#586Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 6:45pm

So I guess there's a show tonight? Curious who's out?

Tara Jackson is a Fate all week. Tomas Matos as well. T. Oliver Reid is on vacation this week.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 3/15/22 at 06:45 PM

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#587Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 7:06pm

ACL2006 said: "So I guess there's a show tonight? Curious who's out?

Tara Jackson is a Fate all week. Tomas Matos as well. T. Oliver Reid is on vacation this week.
"

Someone asked Eva on Twitter if she would be back for the Wednesday matinee, and she replied that she would be by then (apparently she had a throat infection).

Tomas said they would be on all week, but their Instagram story made it sound like they were doing some of the Worker tracks.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#588Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 7:36pm

Lana & Eva are both back. Sojounrer is on all week as well. Emily, Jessie, Kay, Grace & Yaya are all still out. No word on Andre or Reeve.

TOHadestownFan
#589Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 8:50pm

Sayo posted today's cast list on Instagram - Andre was back tonight, and Reeve will be out until at least Friday (Sayo made his debut as Orpheus tonight)

MattieIce2018
#590Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 9:02pm

Sayo also confirmed on Instagram that he'll be playing Orpheus through Friday!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#591Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/15/22 at 9:37pm

Orpheus: Sayo Oni

Euryidice: Eva

Persephone: Lana

Hermes: Andre

Hades: Patrick Page

Fates: Jewell, Tara, Mariand

Only four workers tonight: Sojourner, Trent, Tomas & Adam.

OUT:  Reeve, Jessie, Emily, Kay, Timothy, Malcolm, Yaya, Grace, T. Oliver Reid

MadsonMelo
#592Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/17/22 at 2:47am

jkcohen626 said: "MadsonMelo said: "Hi guys, Im from Brazil and will be on Broadway on the week of April. Hadestown and Moulin Rouge! are two of the shows that I want to see the most, but aside from digital lottery, theres no way to see these shows in a cheap way, right?

"

Moulin Rouge (lamely) only does the lottery. Hadestown does standing room. They only do it if the show sells out, but Hadestown is a popular show in a small theater so it sells out pretty regularly. Hadestown is a LONG show, but you'll get a great view for only $39.

I'm also not sure what you count as a "decent view." Do you value a non-obstructed view more or being close to the stage more? I'm asking because both shows have side orchestra seats that will be close, but partially obstructed and rear mezzanine seats that will have a full view but pretty far for $100 or less. Neither show is in a very big theatre, so rear mezzanine really wouldn't be so bad.

Finally, Hadestown also has a small balcony (third level). It's pretty high up, but I've heard that the first row has a solid view (I will be able to report back on its quality after I sit there tomorrow night). Those tickets are usually $50-60.

"

Thanks so much!!

Do we know Eva’s and/or Andre’s planned absence from next week or their attendance track?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#593Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/17/22 at 5:18pm

Jessie was back yesterday and Kay is expected back tomorrow.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#594Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/17/22 at 5:56pm

Saw the show Yesterday! 6 of the 12 actors were new to me! Same cast as it was for Tuesday. All 4 workers, Sayo, and Patrick (I saw it with Tom in October) were new to me and all were amazing!

Each of the workers found ways to stand out and add unique moments and they did a wonderful job split-tracking.

Patrick totally lived up to the hype (people laugh the first time he speaks and they realize how deep his voice is, just as promised).

Sayo is MIND-BLOWING!!! I loved his Orpheus!!!! He's totally a star in the making and I truly think I'll look back on this moment and feel lucky to have seen him at the start of his career. His toast in Living it Up On Top stood out to me in particular. It was very different than I remember Reeve delivering that line and made me very emotional.

I'd seen everybody else, but they were just as wonderful as last time.

I do have to give a special shoutout to Lana. I was at her very first performance back in October and it's incredible how much she's grown in this role. She's really found her Persephone. Definitely less growly ad a bit more elegant than Amber (based on recordings and clips), but SO powerful! Her Our Lady of the Underground was my favorite moment in the show. It was just SO different from any other version I've seen. She did an opt-up on "There's a crack in the WALL" that blew me away! That song alone was worth my $50 balcony seat and I really wish there was a video or recording of her doing it (maybe like Broadway.com has done in the past to showcase new actors doing iconic songs).

Speaking of my balcony seat, I could see Patrick and Lana playing dominoes and it was fun to watch at times. Right before they had to wrap it up, at the beginning of Epic 1, one of them seemed to pull off a surprise victory and they totally broke. They were clearly Patrick and Lana trying to hold back laughs for a few moments before Lana had to jump up for her lighting cue in Epic 1. I found that very charming. 

orpheus4
#595Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/17/22 at 7:10pm

Tara is a Persephone understudy per Kevin Thomas Garcia’s Instagram. 

orpheus4
#596Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/17/22 at 7:13pm

Was Morgan flown in for emergency Eurydice cover?! 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#597Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/17/22 at 8:00pm

orpheus4 said: "Was Morgan flown in for emergency Eurydice cover?!"

Looks like it. Odd because Jessie is back.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#598Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/17/22 at 10:57pm

Anyone know what tonight's cast was? 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#599Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/18/22 at 6:10am

jkcohen626 said: "Anyone know what tonight's cast was?"

Orpheus: Sayo Oni

Euryidice: Eva

Persephone: Lana

Hermes: Andre

Hades: Patrick Page

Fates: Jewell, Jessie, Mariand

Only four workers tonight: Sojourner, Trent, Tomas & Tara.

OUT:  Reeve, Emily, Kay, Timothy, Malcolm, Yaya, Grace, T. Oliver Reid

Videos