pixeltracker

SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March

SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/27/19 at 5:52pm

I'm excited about this. I've always thought this could make a good musical. Interesting how they're having 3 "preview" performances in December and then nothing until the end of March. But I'm happy I'll be there for the begining of the run.

Playbill Link

SouthernCakes
#2SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/27/19 at 6:26pm

That is strange but maybe it’s just a way to get the show on its feet and see reactions before doing a full out production?

I also love that it’s not just “the movie title: the musical.”

Owen22
#3SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/27/19 at 6:57pm

I just assumed this was going to be their Pretty Woman cast!

She was the female lead in Big in the West End this fall and she's very good. Especially since she was playing against a one-note male lead.

Jordan Catalano
#4SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/27/19 at 7:03pm

Oh, I thought Jay McGuiness was wonderful in “Big”!

bk
#5SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/28/19 at 2:03am

Jordan Catalano said: "I'm excited about this. I've always thought this could make a good musical. Interesting how they're having 3 "preview" performances in December and then nothing until the end of March. But I'm happy I'll be there for the begining of the run.

Playbill Link
"

You do know this is the THIRD attempt at musicalizing this, right?  I saw a reading in LA that the Pasadena Playhouse - one of the worst things I've ever seen.  Then they replaced the entire writing team and actually did the show at the Pasadena Playhouse - it was every bit as bad.  And now, it's a whole NEW writing team.  The producer of this thing is basically out of his mind.  They've already lost a ton of money over the years, and yes, it's been YEARS.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#6SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/28/19 at 9:40am

bk said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I'm excited about this. I've always thought this could make a good musical. Interesting how they're having 3 "preview" performances in December and then nothing until the end of March. But I'm happy I'll be there for the begining of the run.

Playbill Link
"

You do know this is the THIRD attempt at musicalizing this, right? I saw a reading in LA that the Pasadena Playhouse - one of the worst things I've ever seen. Then they replaced the entire writing team and actually did the show at the Pasadena Playhouse - it was every bit as bad. And now, it's a whole NEW writing team. The producer of this thing is basically out of his mind. They've already lost a ton of money over the years, and yes, it's been YEARS.

"

They all announced a UK production of this show with Danny Mac and Carley Stenson but that was postponed. Kimberly Walsh will be dire in this especially compared to a talent like Xavier. 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

Jordan Catalano
#7SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/28/19 at 9:51am

Well it’ll be interesting to see what happens. If it’s a good musical, I’ll be very happy. Or if it’s a massive train wreck, I’ll be very happy as well.

Esther Blodgett
#8SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/28/19 at 9:55am

What an uninspired idea for a musical.

Jordan Catalano
#9SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/28/19 at 9:56am

Esther Blodgett said: "What an uninspired idea for a musical."

Well when you sit down at dinner tonight, you can give thanks nobody is forcing you to see it. 

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#10SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/28/19 at 10:21am

According to this article from Forbes in April 2019, "If the show is not presented in the West End before December 14, then their exclusive rights to adapt the screenplay into a musical will expire".

That would explain those weird "pre-preview" dates.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marchershberg/2019/04/07/sleepless-in-seattle-musical-to-skip-the-city-that-never-sleeps/#6b282eec4a6f

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

SouthernCakes
#11SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 11/28/19 at 1:49pm

Oh!!! Makes sense! I wonder if it will be a full out preview or just like a staged reading

Jordan Catalano
#12SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 3/18/20 at 4:18pm

Got the email today that the run of the show has been canceled but rescheduled for 5/3 - 6/28

That seems very ambitious but I’m still praying to be able to be there in June.

Skywalker3
#13SLEEPLESS (Sleepless In Seattle) Musical To Open In London In March
Posted: 3/19/20 at 11:58am

I hope they cancel the run and reschedule to a REAL theatre in the west-end..The Troubadour Wembley Park Theatre is a horrible theatre. I mean, it is okay for special events. But not intimate theatre.