pixeltracker

What happened to Jordan Roth?- Page 3

What happened to Jordan Roth?

musikman Profile Photo
musikman
#50What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/28/20 at 1:06pm

HogansHero said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Um yeah I’d say the ship has sailed on a Christmas show opening up on broadway unless it’s The Naked Cowboy singing Christmas themed trump songs outside the theater."

I hear the nut for that is very low.
"

Ok. I just snorted Lol.  

-There's the muddle in the middle. There's the puddle where the poodle did the piddle."

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#51What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/29/20 at 10:17am

LizzieCurry said: "Someone asked this on All That Chat, too. Sounds like people had similar conclusions...

https://www.talkinbroadway.com/allthatchat_new/d.php?id=2493067
"

Omg I forgot that site existed.

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#52What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/29/20 at 10:49am

Blaming Roth instead of the federal government is an interesting tactic

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#53What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/29/20 at 11:56am

Many here criticize Jordan for "doing nothing" (even though they have no clue what he's up to) and then come after ALW with a pitchfork when he tries anything.  PICK A SIDE PEOPLE!

AEA AGMA SM
#54What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/29/20 at 12:10pm

How dare you ask for rational, consistent behavior, Tag?!?!

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#55What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/29/20 at 12:20pm

ALW has tried incredible things during the pandemic, weird that anyone would criticize that.

"Where are the leaders? The powerful and influential folks who will organize support for the ARTS! Not just their individual theaters or production but organized support the way Great Britain has done. Has there been any messages of unified action from the non-profits: Andre Bishop, Lynne Meadow, Oscar Eustis, Todd Haimes, Carole Rothman? What about the commercial theater producers- Scott Rudin, the Roths, Jeffrey Richards, the Shuberts, the Nederlanders?" —AllThatChat user Billhaven

Bill, if you are on BWW as well, BRAVO!

Updated On: 11/29/20 at 12:20 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#56What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/29/20 at 12:22pm

Tag said: "Many here criticize Jordan for "doing nothing" (even though they have no clue what he's up to)and then come after ALW with a pitchfork when he tries anything. PICK A SIDE PEOPLE!"

Well I came after ALW with a well-deserved pitchfork, probably more than anyone, and I have not criticized (or defended) Jordan, so maybe check your facts. 

FWIW urging private philanthropy is basically a conservative principle, and urging billionaires to use their money to bring about legislation (that we would love to see) is anathema to the principle that our core problem as a nation is that we have not outlawed money in politics. 

itsjustmejonhotmailcom Profile Photo
itsjustmejonhotmailcom
#57What happened to Jordan Roth?
Posted: 11/29/20 at 2:22pm

Sutton Ross said: "ALW has tried incredible things during the pandemic, weird that anyone would criticize that.

"Where are the leaders? The powerful and influential folks who will organize support for the ARTS! Not just their individual theaters or production but organized support the way Great Britain has done. Has there been any messages of unified action from the non-profits: Andre Bishop, Lynne Meadow, Oscar Eustis, Todd Haimes, Carole Rothman? What about the commercial theater producers- Scott Rudin, the Roths, Jeffrey Richards, the Shuberts, the Nederlanders?" —AllThatChat user Billhaven

Bill, if you are on BWW as well, BRAVO!
"

Some of the people on that list have already met with the incoming Biden administration. Publicizing that would do nothing to help and may actually hurt those discussions. Just because we don't see something happening doesn't mean it's not happening.

Videos