pixeltracker

Should a “Covid passport “ be required to see a Broadway show?- Page 2

Should a “Covid passport “ be required to see a Broadway show?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#26Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/5/21 at 11:20pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Being from Florida originally I can somewhat defend portions of it. Somewhat. But Disney is a fascinating example of something that shouldn’t have worked during the pandemic and actually has. They’ve made it as safe as humanly possible and (I believe I’m right here), there’s been zero Covid outbreaks traced to the park. Same with Universal. They operate on their own terms and are a world all their own down there."

I realize Florida is not a monolith, but I think there is something of an identity crisis. My guess (not limited to Florida) is that business interests (tourism foremost in Florida's case) will prevail, and that means the vaccine regime will prevail. What Miami saw for Spring Break is a lesson that will not be missed. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#27Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/6/21 at 5:41am

As a vaccinated adult that already wears a mask from 4-9 hours a day. Bring it on! I'm far more likely to go knowing only vaccinated peeps are sitting nearby...esp since some are still assholes that will try to take their masks off in the dark . Sitting in a theater for 2 hours with a mask on is the easiest time I'll have in a mask.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Fosse76
#28Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/6/21 at 6:36am

HogansHero said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Being from Florida originally I can somewhat defend portions of it. Somewhat. But Disney is a fascinating example of something that shouldn’t have worked during the pandemic and actually has. They’ve made it as safe as humanly possible and (I believe I’m right here), there’s been zero Covid outbreaks traced to the park. Same with Universal. They operate on their own terms and are a world all their own down there."

I realize Florida is not a monolith, but I think there is something of an identity crisis. My guess (not limited to Florida)is that business interests (tourism foremost in Florida's case) will prevail, and that means the vaccine regime will prevail. What Miami saw for Spring Break is a lesson that will not be missed.
"

They aren't doing any contact tracing, so there is no way of determining if any outbreaks have occurred as a result of Disney (or any of the Florida theme parks).

Updated On: 4/6/21 at 06:36 AM

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#29Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/6/21 at 11:12am

Haha. Of course they aren't. Ah, Florida.

whatever2
#30Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/6/21 at 11:46am

> What Miami saw for Spring Break is a lesson that will not be missed.

Greetings from Naples, Floriduh.

Other places may not miss the lessons from Miami's Spring Break, but i promise you the learning curve here is a flat line.

Surrounded by covidiots,

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#31Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/6/21 at 12:49pm

I guess it depends that the "lesson" is. My point would be that business will eventually drive these insane things happening in some states like Fla. Miami lost millions of dollars because of what happened. The idiot Texas governor announced he did not want any MLB events. Guess who doesn't agree with him? How many events, conventions, etc will it take before business says enough? The concern is more profound in Florida because, as you obviously know, tourism in #1 in the economy (and that doesn't even factor in the transportation component).  

Sunny11
#32Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/6/21 at 2:17pm

To be honest I think that politics drives decisions more than business.

Why would ron desantis ban Covid passports in Florida if he cared about its huge cruse ship industry? That’s a death knell for them.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#33Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/6/21 at 2:53pm

Sunny11 said: "To be honest I think that politics drives decisions more than business.

Why would ron desantis ban Covid passports in Florida if he cared about its huge cruse ship industry? That’s a death knell for them.
"

Politics, yes, but business drives politics. When the economy falters because of this, business support for desantis falters. It will only take a small exodus of corporations and events to cause a course reversal. All of those Florida covidiots who have been brainwashed to think their rights are being violated might start worrying more about the right to support their families.

QueenTwinnied
#34Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/6/21 at 4:00pm

Yes, I absolutely believe someone should be required to show proof of vaccination before attending a concert or theatre performance. 

BWAY Baby2
hearthemsing22
#36Should a “Covid passport“ be required to see a Broadway show?
Posted: 4/7/21 at 9:59am

Sunny11 said: "
As a healthcare worker I had to show proof of having had the TB, Measles and Hepatitis C jabs before being allowed to work. For over 6 months I have had to take biweekly lateral flow tests. I received both doses of the pifzer vaccine through work before 2021 began. All that makes sense to me because patients need to be protected.

I honestly do not understand all the whining and complaining about the possibility of government introducing methods for businesss to obtain proof that someone will not infect their other customers. Without that those businesses might not open at all due to personal Heath and liability concerns..

Some people just want to have all the rights and freedom and none of the responsibilities that come with living in a society.

Next time I go to the theatre and share a crowded room with a thousand people, I say damn right to requirements of either full vaccination or positive anti bodies tests. I dont want to catch a variant from an anti vaxer.
"

I got into an argument on a different social media platform with someone about this. They clearly only care about themself, not anyone else in the building. They do not care about the health and safety of those in the building. That's fine. People who refuse to get vaccinated can stay home, away from theaters until it's okay for people who haven't been vaccinated to go there. Simple.