pixeltracker

DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread- Page 3

DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#50DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 11:31pm

Agree that decoupled from the context of the show it's going to be hard to perform the songs.

I enjoyed the album, much as I enjoyed the show last year. But I am disappointed they changed "Only the Monarchy's On the Line" to "The Worst Job in England." I liked being able to hear Judy Kaye be more melodic in the original, versus the more patter-y one here.

My two favorite numbers from the show came out great recorded, though ("The Words Came Pouring Out" and "An Officer's Wife."DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread!

ArtMan
#51DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 11:50pm

Are there explicit lyrics?  The cover earlier in the thread does not have an explicit label sticker.  Yet, the cd to purchase  from Target does.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#52DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 11:53pm

Yes In the song “The Dress”, the word f*ck is said like a hundred times.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#53DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 11:55pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Yes In the song “The Dress”, the word f*ck is said like a hundred times."

That may have been the most f-bombs I've heard in a piece of music since I first heard Tim Minchin's "Pope Song."

Oh look, a bibu!

Showhopper2
#54DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/25/21 at 2:47am

Jordan Levinson said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Yes In the song “The Dress”, the word f*ck is said like a hundred times."

That may have been the most f-bombs I've heard in a piece of music since I first heard Tim Minchin's "Pope Song."
"

Well.. the composer /lyricist is member of a rock-band. What do you expect? DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread

But seriously.. I don't think this word is THAT bad honestly.  Everyone is using it from time to time...  there are way worse things out there,- even in broadway-world.. DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread 

Updated On: 9/25/21 at 02:47 AM

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#55DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/25/21 at 7:17am

The way the word is used is perfectly appropriate in my opinion. Although I was kind of hoping the Queen would finally say it herself by the end of the song. Oh well.

Updated On: 9/25/21 at 07:17 AM

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#56DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/25/21 at 10:20am

I get Evita-vibes from listening... and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that in my opinion. <3

Fan123 Profile Photo
Fan123
#57DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/25/21 at 6:35pm

Decidedly mixed feelings on this album - which is actually more positive than I thought I would feel about it. Parts of it feel like a 'Joseph'-style take on the story, as if they went "Let's brush aside the question of good taste altogether, and just have fun here". The rest of it, while not spectacular, seems to at least tells a coherent story with decent character journeys, whether true to life or not. (It possibly helps that I was slightly too young/disinterested, in real life, to have been hugely aware of Diana's life as it actually happened.)