Waitress Casting

VintageSnarker
#150Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 1:04pm

Ahhhhhhh! I'm giddy.

How is seating in the rear mezz at the Barrymore? I might try rush or waiting for a discount code. 

Paigiemo21
#151Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 1:18pm

Yes that line and the way Jenna reacts indicates she's at least a little younger than 40.  No knock at all to Sara and Jennifer, I'm a HUGE fan of Sara especially.  It's just funny how Ben is getting so much flack and this is announced at the same time.  I will GLADLY suspend belief for all amazing talents :)

hearthemsing22
#152Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 3:29pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "VintageSnarker said: "rkade21 said: "For a limited run, where theoretically money isn’t the main objective (how naive of me), and the show will likely sell regardless…. I’m pretty disappointed they’re opting for a stunt casting. I heard from an insider that they did *try* to get someone who would’ve pleased a lot of theater fans, but weren’t able."

I'm a theater fan and I would be thrilled if Jennifer Nettles is cast as Jenna. The worst thing you could say is that she's a little old for the part. But just casting a celebrity doesn't make it poor casting. This feels like Reba in Annie Get Your Gun. It makes so much sense and Jennifer has displayed an apparently genuine love of musical theater. And her voice is incredible. She's not going to struggle to sing the score.

"

You guys are like detectives!!! So glad for Jennifer but I am seriously hoping Jessie Mueller closes out the show.
"

When it comes to Waitress casting all fans become detectives hahaha 

QueenTwinnied
#153Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 4:05pm

I love this casting! I was kinda hoping for Jessica Vosk since she's been vocal about wanting to play Jenna, but Jennifer will be fantastic

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#154Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 4:12pm

Paigiemo21 said: "Yes thatline and the way Jenna reacts indicates she's at least a little younger than 40. No knock at all to Sara and Jennifer, I'm a HUGE fan of Sara especially. It's just funny how Ben is getting so much flack and this is announced at the same time. I will GLADLY suspend belief for all amazing talents :)"

Incredibly amusing, no? Waitress Casting

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#155Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 4:47pm

Sutton Ross said: "Paigiemo21 said: "Yes thatline and the way Jenna reacts indicates she's at least a little younger than 40. No knock at all to Sara and Jennifer, I'm a HUGE fan of Sara especially. It's just funny how Ben is getting so much flack and this is announced at the same time. I will GLADLY suspend belief for all amazing talents :)"

Incredibly amusing, no? Waitress Casting

"

Not sure what is amusing. Ben Platt doesn’t pass for a teenager. At all. Jennifer Nettles can easily pass for 35 and there isn’t even an age specified in the show. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#156Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 5:00pm

Its MUCH easier to get away being older on stage than on film. Not really all that difficult a concept to grab.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.
Updated On: 9/24/21 at 05:00 PM

Sutton Ross
#157Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 5:02pm

It's incredibly amusing. And your opinions of how they look is just your opinion, that's it. She looks 47 exactly to me. Ben looks exactly 24 to me. And the age suggested in Waitress is she's under 40. So, there ya go. 

Sutton Ross
#158Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 5:04pm

dramamama611 said: "Its MUCH easier to get away being older on stage than on film. Not really all that difficult a concept to grasp."

Correct. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#159Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 5:06pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "VintageSnarker said: "rkade21 said: "For a limited run, where theoretically money isn’t the main objective (how naive of me), and the show will likely sell regardless…. I’m pretty disappointed they’re opting for a stunt casting. I heard from an insider that they did *try* to get someone who would’ve pleased a lot of theater fans, but weren’t able."

I'm a theater fan and I would be thrilled if Jennifer Nettles is cast as Jenna. The worst thing you could say is that she's a little old for the part. But just casting a celebrity doesn't make it poor casting. This feels like Reba in Annie Get Your Gun. It makes so much sense and Jennifer has displayed an apparently genuine love of musical theater. And her voice is incredible. She's not going to struggle to sing the score.

"

You guys are like detectives!!! So glad for Jennifer but I am seriously hoping Jessie Mueller closes out the show.
"

"

I know!!! Here's hoping for Jessie Mueller to close the run. I will be waiting BW detectives

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#160Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 5:08pm

Jenna's reaction to Jennifer's announcement of taking over after Sara made me teary, no lie. So happy for Jennifer Nettles!!!!

hearthemsing22
#161Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/23/21 at 11:42pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "VintageSnarker said: "rkade21 said: "For a limited run, where theoretically money isn’t the main objective (how naive of me), and the show will likely sell regardless…. I’m pretty disappointed they’re opting for a stunt casting. I heard from an insider that they did *try* to get someone who would’ve pleased a lot of theater fans, but weren’t able."

"

"

"

I know!!! Here's hoping for Jessie Mueller to close the run. I will be waiting BW detectives"

Oh my god I would be THRILLLED BEYOND THRILLED if she came back to close the show!!! Do you think it’s even possible?? 

Derek Coe
#162Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 10:29am

One of my wife's favorite shows, so we have seen it several times and both thought alison was amazing.

But they were doing stunt casting at that point (I don't believe she even got a playbill) and her run was criminally short.

Imagine they go back to that approach for whatever run they have beyond sara.

dramamama611
#163Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 10:33am

As far as Jessie returning, the real question probably is: does she even WANT to return. I can't imagine she hasn't been approached.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#164Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 12:23pm

hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "hearthemsing22 said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "VintageSnarker said: "rkade21 said: "For a limited run, where theoretically money isn’t the main objective (how naive of me), and the show will likely sell regardless…. I’m pretty disappointed they’re opting for a stunt casting. I heard from an insider that they did *try* to get someone who would’ve pleased a lot of theater fans, but weren’t able."

"

"

"

I know!!! Here's hoping for Jessie Mueller to close the run. I will be waiting BW detectives"

Oh my god I would be THRILLLED BEYOND THRILLED if she came back to close the show!!! Do you think it’s even possible??"

Me too honestly!!! I wanna say yes? Because she won't begin The Minutes until March/April and I just feel like having Jessie Mueller to close out the show would be the icing on the cake. Or should I say pie?

I was originally going to see Waitress in late November (so I would've went on Jennifer Nettles' last day I believe) but now I'm going in December and I SO want Jessie Mueller to return as Jenna. And Kimiko Glenn as Dawn.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#165Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 12:49pm

dramamama611 said: "As far as Jessie returning, the real question probably is: does she even WANT to return. I can't imagine she hasn't been approached."

I can't see why not? She really brought the role to life as Jenna. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#166Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 12:56pm

dramamama611 said: "As far as Jessie returning, the real question probably is: does she even WANT to return. I can't imagine she hasn't been approached."

For those seeing Waitress during Jennifer's run, she will be absent from Nov 1 to Nov 5 according to Broadway.com

dramamama611
#167Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 1:31pm

Because lots of actors prefer closing the door to a role theyve already played.  (I'm not saying she WOULDN"T want to - but it's not unheard of.)

theaterfan862 Profile Photo
theaterfan862
#168Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 2:07pm

I surely didn't expect for Waitress to come back and get another chance to see Sara in the role and now I have a chance to see it with the wonderful Jennifer Nettles!! Take my money indeed!! This is truly exciting! 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#169Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 3:03pm

dramamama611 said: "Because lots of actors prefer closing the door to a role theyve already played. (I'm not saying she WOULDN"T want to - but it's not unheard of.)"

I feel like her interviews about Waitress leave the door open? She talked about being bittersweet to leave the role of Jenna so if she has the time, I'd imagine she reconsider the role.

WestEndGal
#170Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 6:00pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "dramamama611 said: "Because lots of actors prefer closing the door to a role theyve already played. (I'm not saying she WOULDN"T want to - but it's not unheard of.)"

I feel like her interviews about Waitress leave the door open? She talked about being bittersweet to leave the role of Jenna so if she has the time, I'd imagine she reconsider the role.
"

She also wouldn’t have to sneak out of a different entrance to avoid having to do stage door if she came back, lol! 

iluvtheatertrash
#171Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 6:16pm

Women Nettles' age have gotten pregnant without planning before. And it will happen again. 

Amazing to me how some people can't seem to wrap their heads around that. 

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#172Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 6:39pm

WestEndGal said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "dramamama611 said: "Because lots of actors prefer closing the door to a role theyve already played. (I'm not saying she WOULDN"T want to - but it's not unheard of.)"

"

She also wouldn’t have to sneak out of a different entrance to avoid having to do stage door if she came back, lol!

"

Omg this ^^^^ I feel like she would go through the stage door though? Because Sara has been doing so (just not for autographs/photos) 

hearthemsing22
#173Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/24/21 at 7:45pm

dramamama611 said: "Because lots of actors prefer closing the door to a role theyve already played. (I'm not saying she WOULDN"T want to - but it's not unheard of.)"

Oh I’m aware! There’s someone who played Elphaba for a long time and they (within the past few years) now says they’re a “Retired Green Witch”. I know people want to move on. 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#174Waitress Casting
Posted: 9/25/21 at 12:09pm

Waitress posted Always Like Blue-Berry Pie around the time people were guessing about Jennifer Nettles' but then deleted the Blue-Berry Pie post from their social medias. Dare I say, Lea Michele might actually play Jenna? Berry aka Rachel Berry? (After Jennifer Nettles that is)