pixeltracker

"Almost Famous" and "Sing Street"- Page 3

"Almost Famous" and "Sing Street"

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#50Insert title here
Posted: 10/19/21 at 7:54am

I mean both. Turning a profit in that house would be quite a challenge.

OuttaTowner
#51Insert title here
Posted: 10/20/21 at 6:05pm

There is some form of read through / rehearsal of Almost Famous taking place today in Manhattan. Several of the cast members have posted IG stories from the event.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#52Insert title here
Posted: 10/20/21 at 6:21pm

Yeah, it has a lot to do wing space, dressing rooms, crew, etc. Xanadu and Avenue Q are the only musicals I can think of that made the Golden work and both are pretty tiny shows - cast wise / orchestra wise. 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#53Insert title here
Posted: 10/20/21 at 6:51pm

RippedMan said: "Yeah, it has a lot to do wing space, dressing rooms, crew, etc. Xanadu and Avenue Q are the only musicals I can think of that made the Golden work and both are pretty tiny shows - cast wise / orchestra wise."

Xanadu played in the Helen Hayes Theatre, not the John Golden Theatre.

saxpower
#54Insert title here
Posted: 10/20/21 at 7:05pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "RippedMan said: "Yeah, it has a lot to do wing space, dressing rooms, crew, etc. Xanadu and Avenue Q are the only musicals I can think of that made the Golden work and both are pretty tiny shows - cast wise / orchestra wise."

Xanadu played in the Helen Hayes Theatre, not the John Golden Theatre.
"

The original Falsettos was there as well, but again, tiny show.  (The "teeny tiny band" was on a platform)

OuttaTowner
#55Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 5:37pm

FWIW…the NY TIX web site is listing Almost Famous at the Golden with previews beginning February 25, and opening night on March 25.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#56Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 5:48pm

It would have been announced by now if that were the case. And....Thoughts of a Colored Man is playing at the Golden until March so............nah. 

Updated On: 10/21/21 at 05:48 PM

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#57Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 6:28pm

If I see NY TIX listed as a source on the website one more time…0

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#58Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 6:40pm

OuttaTowner said: "There is some form of read through / rehearsal of Almost Famous taking place today in Manhattan. Several of the cast members have posted IG stories from the event. "

Who is in the read through / workshop? 

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#59Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 6:42pm

steven22 said: "OuttaTowner said: "There is some form of read through / rehearsal of Almost Famous taking place today in Manhattan. Several of the cast members have posted IG stories from the event. "

"

The real question ^^^

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#60Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 6:42pm

steven22 said: "OuttaTowner said: "There is some form of read through / rehearsal of Almost Famous taking place today in Manhattan. Several of the cast members have posted IG stories from the event. "

"

The real question ^^^

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#61Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 6:54pm

I only found Julia Cassandra sharing Almost Famous related info on her Instagram Stories. (She's cast as Estrella) 

OuttaTowner
#62Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 7:19pm

Solea Pfeiffer, Gerry Cannonico and Casey Likes all had clips or mentions up on this IG over the last 2 days - Likes showed a rehearsal hall schedule listing Almost Famous from 8 am - 10 pm, and Pfeiffer had the cover of her script book with THANK GOD posted over it. Tom Kitt also had a pic with Cameron Crowe posted yesterday, saying he was grateful to be back working on Almost Famous again.

OuttaTowner
#63Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 7:44pm

Chad Burris also has a pic posted from what looks to be the rehearsal studio. So far, all folks in the San Diego cast. I believe Colin Donnell has signed for a new series on Peacock, so they may need to bring in a new lead.

Sutton Ross
#64Insert title here
Posted: 10/21/21 at 7:48pm

Colin and Drew were wildly miscast so.....yeah. 

OuttaTowner
#65Insert title here
Posted: 10/22/21 at 1:08pm

Storm Lever posted an IG pic last night about the reading. She mentions “most of the original cast” - but nothing specific about who’s not there.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#66Insert title here
Posted: 10/22/21 at 1:28pm

Wonder if this is a money-raising reading, a "let's hear the new material for the show" reading, or some combo of the two.

When does Tom Kitt sleep?

OuttaTowner
#67Insert title here
Posted: 10/22/21 at 2:29pm

More posts this afternoon from Drew Gehling, Rob Coletti and the AF IG account itself. Reading / rehearsal in progress as we speak.

OuttaTowner
#68Insert title here
Posted: 10/22/21 at 4:55pm

IG post from Libby Winter indicates that the reading is at Open Jar studios on 48th, here in Manhattan.

OuttaTowner
#69Insert title here
Posted: 10/23/21 at 4:52pm

Brief follow-up…

Badges of the participants indicate that the readings were October 20-23 (today).

An IG story from earlier today indicate that Colin Donnell was not in NYC; therefore it’s safe to assume that - at least for this week’s read through’s - someone else was playing Russell.

Sutton Ross
#70Insert title here
Posted: 10/23/21 at 5:28pm

He is shooting a tv series in Queensland's Far North that was ordered straight to series pretty quickly by Peacock. I seriously don't think he will be available for this nor is he right for the part. 

Owen22
#71Insert title here
Posted: 10/23/21 at 5:32pm

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Wonder if this is a money-raising reading, a "let's hear the new material for the show" reading, or some combo of the two.

When does Tom Kitt sleep?
"

Maybe if he slept he would be a better composer (Next to Normal nonewithstanding).

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#72Insert title here
Posted: 10/23/21 at 6:48pm

John Gallagher Jr was tagged in one of Solea Pfeiffer’s posts. He wasn’t in the San Diego cast, was he?

OuttaTowner
#73Insert title here
Posted: 10/23/21 at 6:51pm

No, I don’t believe so.

valebal7
#74Insert title here
Posted: 10/23/21 at 6:52pm

John Gallagher Jr. was not in the San Diego cast.