pixeltracker

Laura Benanti projects for 2022?

Laura Benanti projects for 2022?

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#1Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 2:24pm

I'd love to see her return to Broadway! Does anyone have any idea when she possibly might in the future? 

JSquared2
#2Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 2:34pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "I'd love to see her return to Broadway! Does anyone have any idea when she possibly might in the future?"

She's going to debut her new one-woman show, called Lauraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Nolan LuPone
#3Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 2:35pm

She was (allegedly) offered Bobbie for the Company revival, but she turned it down.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#4Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 2:40pm

Nolan LuPone said: "She was (allegedly) offered Bobbie for the Company revival, but she turned it down."

How nice would that have been! I wonder if she might take over the role after Katrina Lenk? 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 2:40pm

Nolan LuPone said: "She was (allegedly) offered Bobbie for the Company revival, but she turned it down."

I’ve actually heard the exact opposite that she really wanted it but they didn’t want her. 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#6Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 2:42pm

Yeah, that's false. They always wanted Katrina. 

BritCrit
#7Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 3:05pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "I'd love to see her return to Broadway! Does anyone have any idea when she possibly might in the future?"

I have a worried feeling that the Annie Sequel podcast series (“Tomorrow&rdquoLaura Benanti projects for 2022? is taking up too much of Laura Benanti’s time. Unsurprisingly, she’s an excellent Miss Hannigan (She’s got all the meaness and and uninhibited comic energy we want from the character, with an added self destructive streak) but a series with robot butlers and an auto tuned cover of “Tomorrow” as its theme song ain’t the best showcase for her talents.

I personally hope that she’s gone quiet in order to do the West End production of My Fair Lady, but I will be happy whatever she does...

iluvtheatertrash
#8Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 3:43pm

BritCrit said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "I'd love to see her return to Broadway! Does anyone have any idea when she possibly might in the future?"

I have a worried feeling that the Annie Sequel podcast series (“Tomorrow&rdquoLaura Benanti projects for 2022? is taking up too much of Laura Benanti’s time. Unsurprisingly, she’s an excellent Miss Hannigan (She’s got all themeaness and and uninhibited comic energy we want from the character, with an added self destructive streak) but a series with robot butlers and an auto tuned cover of “Tomorrow” as its theme song ain’t the best showcase for her talents.

I personally hope that she’s gone quiet in order to do the West End production of My Fair Lady, but I will be happy whatever she does...
"

Her accent was not great. It’d be laughable in the UK. Of all shows, they should hire an authentically Brit actress.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Jordan Catalano
#9Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 3:46pm

I already have tickets for that new production and I’m hoping they make some sort of casting announcement soon. But I’d put money on it being a new-ish up and coming British actress and more established Higgins. The money they’re charging for those tickets sure hints that they’ve got a hefty paycheck to give out to someone. 

BritCrit
#10Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 3:50pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I already have tickets for that new production and I’m hoping they make some sort of casting announcement soon. But I’d put money on it being a new-ish up and coming British actress and more established Higgins. The money they’re charging for those tickets sure hints that they’ve got a hefty paycheck to give out to someone."

True, but I would love to see Benanti in the West End at some point. Certainly better than being stuck in the audio drama world...

Sutton Ross
#11Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 3:57pm

Don't count on it with a daughter about pre-school age. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#12Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 4:10pm

She has a concert in Worcester MA in mid March coming up. I hope she talks about some of her upcoming things.

I'd love to see her do something new, still think her Miranda Priestly could be sensational if they recast for Broadway.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#13Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 6:23pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Nolan LuPone said: "She was (allegedly) offered Bobbie for the Company revival, but she turned it down."
I’ve actually heard the exact opposite that she really wanted it but they didn’t want her.
"

No disrespect to Katrina, but Laura as Bobbie would have been way better as it's in her vocal range. I could tell that they had to make serious key changes for Katrina to sing comfortably.  What did the creatives have against Laura playing Bobbie?

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Jordan Catalano
#14Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 6:25pm

That I don’t know. I was just told it was basically “thank you for your interest, have a nice day the door is over there”. They were just set on Katrina. 

spicemonkey
#15Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 6:49pm

apparently Broadway is still dark to her, as she tweeted last year

"We absolutely cannot reopen without significant changes being made in order to make our theaters, rehearsal rooms and spaces safe for our BIPOC, trans and disabled colleagues."

also considering her health issue, her kid, her huge concerns on social issues, her expressing interests in playing tons of roles, her family issue, etc

I expect her to be returning to Broadway in 2035

Updated On: 2/3/22 at 06:49 PM

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#16Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 7:22pm

spicemonkey said: "I expect her to be returning to Broadway in 2035"

I think that may be pushing it. 

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

Nolan LuPone
#17Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 7:39pm

Sutton Ross said: "Nolan LuPone said: "She was (allegedly) offered Bobbie for the Company revival, but she turned it down."

Yeah, that's false. They always wanted Katrina.
"

That's why I said allegedly. I wasn't sure how true it was, but I saw it on the Company Reviews thread more than once. Thank you for clearing that up.

BritCrit
#18Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 7:51pm

spicemonkey said: "apparently Broadway is still dark to her, as she tweeted last year

"We absolutely cannot reopen without significant changes being made in order to make our theaters, rehearsal rooms and spaces safe for our BIPOC, trans and disabled colleagues."

also considering her health issue, her kid, her huge concerns on social issues, her expressing interests in playing tons of roles, her family issue, etc

I expect her to be returning to Broadway in 2035
"

I don’t think being too left wing gets you removed from Broadway (Eden Espinosa is still pretty busy, even though she was Karen Olivio’s Greatest supporter) and again, Benanti is still pretty active, but it’s mostly TV and/or podcast work that doesn’t show off her full abilities. Mind you, the fact that she’s still appearing in things after playing Miss Hannigan shows she’s been doing better than Cameron Diaz, which will certainly reassure her - as long as she’s still appearing in things, that’s what matters...

FindingNamo
#19Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 9:02pm

Her career doldrums began right after she blocked me on twitter. Coincidence? 

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Sutton Ross
#20Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 9:08pm

What did you say? 

BritCrit
#21Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 9:12pm

I don’t like the way this thread has turned a bit mean and catty - it’s unlucky Benanti was turned away from Company, it’s a bit disappointing she’s focusing on non theatre stuff ATM (even if it includes concerts and putting an audio spin on a Tony winning Broadway villain), but that doesn’t necessarily mean she’s being “blacklisted” or anything like that. Let’s give it a few months and speculate then...

FindingNamo
#22Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 9:24pm

SR I believe it had to do with The Great "MESSAGE BOARDS ARE NOT SUPPORTIVE ENOUGH OF US A-LIST BROADWAY STARS AS THEY SHOULD BE" Scandal of the 20teens. I recall posting something minor that really irked her for its lack of fawning. And after I paid my own cash money to see her in three Broadway shows. Before that.

And gosh, didn't she and her character stink up TBS's The Detour when she/it were grafted in? That show was golden in its first season. And her Melania schtick schtunk. But I wish her great success in her next occupation and I won't have a single word said against her. I won't stand for it.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Sutton Ross
#23Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 9:26pm

Ha. Love it. 

JoeyEvans1206
#24Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/3/22 at 10:17pm

She has a show coming up next month in Worcester, MA. I believe Billy Stritch will be accompanying her.

more info

Looks like concerts will have to hold us fans over until her next big role. And to echo others, I think she would make a wonderful Bobbie following Katrina Lenk. 

SmoothLover Profile Photo
SmoothLover
#25Laura Benanti projects for 2022?
Posted: 2/4/22 at 2:30am

Laura? Did you start this thread?

Videos