pixeltracker

Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?

Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?

aces25 Profile Photo
aces25
#1Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/15/22 at 11:57pm

What is rumoured to be next for these theatres? 

DaveyG
#2Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 12:01am

SOME LIKE IT HOT for the Shubert.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#3Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 12:02am

I heard Some Like It Hot will take the Shubert after POTUSAlmost Famous will take the Broadhurst late summer / early fall, and I'm not sure yet about the St. James post-American Utopia.

Oh look, a bibu!

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#4Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 12:56am

Surprised the Imperial isn't mentioned here. That theater is iconic and is always so quick to be filled. Floored that nothing has been announced or even rumored for now.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#5Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 1:25am

popular_elphie said: "Surprised the Imperial isn't mentioned here. That theater is iconic and is always so quick to be filled. Floored that nothing has been announced or even rumored for now."

I've heard ALW Cinderella for the Imperial. IDK if those are legit rumors or just theorizing though. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#6Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 9:15am

If ALW wants a Shubert-owned house for Cinderella, then he's pretty much limited to the Imperial if Some Like It Hot is taking the Shubert. Neil Diamond is rumored for The Broadway.

Broadway61004
#7Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 10:04am

popular_elphie said: "Surprised the Imperial isn't mentioned here. That theater is iconic and is always so quick to be filled. Floored that nothing has been announced or even rumored for now."

I think a lot of producers are starting to realize how tough the Imperial is to fill. Since Les Mis, only the Les Mis revival and Billy Elliot have run more than a year and a half (excluding the covid shutdown in the middle of Ain't Too Proud). And Billy Elliot, given its 10 Tonys and huge success in London, actually didn't have that great a run compared to a lot of other big shows from the past two decades. So it'll be interesting to see who all takes a gamble on it.

troynow
#8Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 11:50am

SHUBERT

Some Like it Hot

Imperial Theatre

Cinderella

St. James

The Piano Lesson. (a move from the Court now The Jones)

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#9Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 11:19pm

troynow said: "SHUBERT

Some Like it Hot

Imperial Theatre

Cinderella

St. James

"

I know August Wilson plays attract big talent and big audiences, but a 1000 seat theatre to a 1700 seat theatre is a BIG move. Do you have any idea why it happened? 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#10Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 11:27pm

jkcohen626 said: "troynow said: "SHUBERT

Some Like it Hot

Imperial Theatre

Cinderella

St. James

"

I know August Wilson plays attract big talent and big audiences, but a 1000 seat theatre to a 1700 seat theatre is a BIG move. Do you have any idea why it happened?

"

Could be the result of some BIG name star casting. We shall see.

Oh look, a bibu!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#11Broadway real estate: Broadhurst? St James? Shubert?
Posted: 3/16/22 at 11:40pm

EDSOSLO858 said: "We shall see."

Hard to go much bigger than Samuel L. Jackson and John David Washington. A legend, and a movie star at the top of his game. Assuming they’re both still attached, I can imagine them selling quite well - though I agree the St. James is large for a play. Even musicals have trouble filling it. 

(I don’t mean to disregard the phenomenal Danielle Brooks, I just don’t think she has the same box office power as the other 2 - but she certainly can’t hurt as a welcome addition!) 

Updated On: 3/16/22 at 11:40 PM