pixeltracker

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?- Page 14

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?

barneyschreibercpa2
#325Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/26/22 at 3:02pm

with this, rumoured Sweeney and if merrily transfers (highly likely) we’d have three Sondheim revivals this season!! 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#326Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/26/22 at 4:13pm

just how busy is Christian Borle?? still excited for d’Arcy James though. Soo is very exciting for me. i love Patina too but Headley was the one i really wanted, excited for her broadway musical return though. have there been any solid rumors about recording an album? haven’t read through all the pages. i know NPH and Bareilles together made a cast recording a more commercial prospect and i hope we may still get one.

i was just a kid during the last broadway revival, good to see some star power here compared to the last time

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#327Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/26/22 at 4:23pm

Borle might just want a break. Or he's filming something. Or they couldn't make a deal with him and moved on. He'll start rehearsals for SOME LIKE IT HOT this fall, and has been in LITTLE SHOP since it reopened, so it might be best for him to chill out before diving into a new show.

Updated On: 5/26/22 at 04:23 PM

Emmeline Carter
#328Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/26/22 at 4:51pm

My best guess is Christian Borle doesn't want to leave Little Shop prematurely and wants to finish his run in the show. Especially given how long he's been in the cast. From what I read (this could be incorrect) rehearsals start right after he's scheduled to come back to Little Shop. 

FANtomFollies Profile Photo
FANtomFollies
#329Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/26/22 at 5:06pm

gypsy101 said: "i was just a kid during the last broadway revival, good to see some star power here compared to the last time"

Ummm.....Vanessa Williams was the witch in that production.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#330Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/26/22 at 6:08pm

Those were some dark days. I remember people being very critical of Kerry O'Malley and Stephen DeRosa and hating on Laura Benanti for missing so many performances.

OceansJenny Profile Photo
OceansJenny
#331Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/26/22 at 10:38pm

Please let Julia Lester and Kennedy Kanagawa be transferring as well!!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#332Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
Posted: 5/26/22 at 11:40pm

OceansJenny said: "Please let Julia Lester and Kennedy Kanagawa be transferring as well!!"

You’re in luck! It was always announced that they both are! 

I do think, though, that DeBessonet’s direction, and James Ortiz’s puppet direction, are largely responsible for the adorableness of Milky White. While Kanagawa did an excellent job helping to bring Milky White’s personality alive, and executing her reactions, I think another talented puppeteer could seamlessly replicate it without much change from the audience perspective.