Question About The Inheritance

Alex Kulak2
#1Question About The Inheritance
Posted: 8/1/22 at 8:10pm

I finally got around to reading the script, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't get to see this on Broadway. I did have one question for someone who saw the Broadway production:

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

How did they stage the scene where Adam and Leo meet, if they're played by the same actor?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#2Question About The Inheritance
Posted: 8/1/22 at 8:31pm

I saw the play twice and don’t recall this happening. I could certainly be wrong though.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3Question About The Inheritance
Posted: 8/1/22 at 8:36pm

What page are you looking at in the script?

Alex Kulak2
#4Question About The Inheritance
Posted: 8/1/22 at 8:53pm

Jordan Catalano said: "What page are you looking at in the script?"

Act Two, Scene Four of Part 2, page 87 of the Dramatists Play Service script.

SFCowboy
#5Question About The Inheritance
Posted: 11/10/22 at 12:09pm

I don’t know if you ever got your answer, but I just saw this in Los Angeles (fantastic, not to be missed!) and

this is truly a remarkable scene. One actor indeed plays both roles when the characters intersect, simply by changing his facial expressions, body language, and voice. He shifts rapidly between the two, but it is always very clear who is talking at any one time, partly from the context of the text, but mostly from his portrayals. He doesn’t even need to change position to suggest one character or the other. Much of the scene is performed facing forward towards the audience.

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#6Question About The Inheritance
Posted: 11/10/22 at 12:39pm

I have a very vague recollection on this but I’m slightly reminded that he was perhaps wearing a hoodie and would maybe tun upstage and drop the hood. Or maybe I’m crazy.  

MadsonMelo
#7Question About The Inheritance
Posted: 11/10/22 at 12:49pm

SFCowboy said: "I don’t know if you ever got your answer, but I just saw this in Los Angeles (fantastic, not to be missed!) and

this is truly a remarkable scene. One actor indeed plays both roles when the characters intersect, simply by changing his facial expressions, body language, and voice. He shifts rapidly between the two, but it is always very clear who is talking at any one time, partly from the context of the text, but mostly from his portrayals. He doesn’t even need to change position to suggest one character or the other. Much of the scene is performed facing forward towards the audience.

"

I will try rush on Part 2 this sunday, do you know where the seats are located?

Broadway Bob* Profile Photo
Broadway Bob*
#8Question About The Inheritance
Posted: 11/10/22 at 7:34pm

SFCowboy said: "I don’t know if you ever got your answer, but I just saw this in Los Angeles (fantastic, not to be missed!) and

"

This is exactly what happened in the Broadway production as well. One actor standing center stage, facing out at the audience. It is one of the moments (of MANY) seared into my brain from this shatteringly brilliant day of theater.

<-- Tevye, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF, March 2018

chrishuyen
#9Question About The Inheritance
Posted: 11/11/22 at 3:40am

After that moment, I was honestly shocked he was not the frontrunner for the Tony from that play.

Videos