cd's vs streaming

bryan32
#1cd's vs streaming
Posted: 8/11/22 at 5:06pm

why are cd's not being made . I think some of the record companies  have not put shows on cd's for about 2 years now. they need to  listen to the people who need and what cd's and not streaming

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2cd's vs streaming
Posted: 8/11/22 at 5:11pm

We've explained this to you time and time again. It is less expensive,  there is a lessor carbon footprint, most people adapt. (If sales suffered, they wouldn't continue.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#3cd's vs streaming
Posted: 8/11/22 at 8:58pm

Hey sweetheart, they are kinda wasteful (they end up in landfills) and technology has improved over the years so people can just listen to digital music in their car, home, on the go, wherever. So, I would like to think they are not being made as much due to environmental concerns, but I think the demand is just waning for them. Does that make sense? I do believe you can rip CDS on many different kinds of machines. You let me know if you need any suggestions.

Love, Sutton heart

Updated On: 8/11/22 at 08:58 PM

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#4cd's vs streaming
Posted: 8/11/22 at 10:10pm

I’m with Bryan.

I’d hate to know how much electricity it takes to keep Spotify et al’s data centers running 24/7.

I’d love to know how many streams a ~15 track album would need to recoup the costs of laying down the album.

I’m prepared to pay a lot for the Broadway recording of Six on disc.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#5cd's vs streaming
Posted: 8/11/22 at 10:58pm

chewy5000 said: "I’m with Bryan.

I’d hate to know how much electricity it takes to keep Spotify et al’s data centers running 24/7.

I’d love to know how many streams a ~15 track album would need to recoup the costs of laying down the album.

"

I believe I read somewhere that Spotify pays $0.003 and $0.005 per stream of an individual track.

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#6cd's vs streaming
Posted: 8/11/22 at 11:27pm

chewy5000 said: "I’m with Bryan.

"

Electricty = renewable energy

Plastic = never biodegrades in landfills

But the bottom line for this thread is that Bryan wants cast recordings on CD because he is a specific type of collector and that's what he wants. Nothing else is an acceptable substitute because you cannot collect a digital album in the same way as a CD.

You can burn it at home, put it in a plastic case, and print the album art (all things I've done for things I wanted to keep that way), but it is still not the same as an actual release.

But unfortunately, Bryan, this is not going to change as much as it upsets you and I am sorry for your frustration.

DooWahDiddy Profile Photo
DooWahDiddy
#7cd's vs streaming
Posted: 8/12/22 at 2:21am

jacobsnchz14 said: "chewy5000 said: "

I believe I read somewhere that Spotify pays $0.003 and $0.005per stream of an individual track.
"

It's actually worse than that, if you can believe it, lol. It's around $0.0003 a stream (another zero after the decimal). I had 422 plays on Spotify alone in July and made $0.09. laugh