nativenewyorker2
#1Missed show due to traffic- am I SOL or will telecharge exchange
Posted: 8/15/22 at 10:09pm

Updated On: 8/15/22 at 10:09 PM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Missed show due to traffic- am I SOL or will telecharge exchange
Posted: 8/15/22 at 10:28pm

Not necessarily SOL. Call and ask to past-date it. Unless it’s a sold out hit with no availability for months, you should be able to do it. 

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#3Missed show due to traffic- am I SOL or will telecharge exchange
Posted: 8/15/22 at 10:37pm

You cant exchange a ticket out of the performance that has already happened because the performance is finalized in the system and the money cannot be moved. As Jordan said, you may be able to past date.

Dollypop
#4Missed show due to traffic- am I SOL or will telecharge exchange
Posted: 8/16/22 at 11:07am

This happened to me once because of a blizzard. The theater did, indeed, postdate the ticket.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#5Missed show due to traffic- am I SOL or will telecharge exchange
Posted: 8/17/22 at 2:51am

Isn't traffic the normal occurrence in a city like New York?  I would try something different.  

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#6Missed show due to traffic- am I SOL or will telecharge exchange
Posted: 8/17/22 at 9:30am

Sure traffic is expected....but if there's an accident or construction, it can be very different than planned for.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#7Missed show due to traffic- am I SOL or will telecharge exchange
Posted: 8/17/22 at 10:44am

This happened to me with Superstorm Sandy and the last revival of The Heiress with Jessica Chastain The box office only accepted specific dates, the actual storm and immediately after, and refused to give me any options. NJ Transit wasn't running for 48 hours past the initial window -- I was trapped in a town that had no power -- and they found that an unacceptable excuse. The box office was strangely rude, questioning my inability to get to the theater. As if I'd failed to show up for jury duty. I tried to go higher with no results. I remain shocked to this day that I couldn't be squeezed in. The show was a modest success but not selling out. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#8Missed show due to traffic- am I SOL or will telecharge exchange
Posted: 8/17/22 at 10:56am

Reminds me of those people who make 7pm dinner reservations in Soho and they have tickets to see a show at 8pm.  cheeky

Videos