pixeltracker

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread- Page 9

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - Reviews & News Thread

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#200A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 7/1/23 at 8:54am

And it's now confirmed that Will Swenson is cutting down to 6 shows/week. Nick Fradiani will be doing Wednesday & Thursday evenings in July & August. When the schedule changes in September, Nick will be doing Tuesday evenings and Thursday matinees.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

expectingtheworst
#201A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 7/1/23 at 12:38pm

I cannot believe they are selling "Meet and Greet" tickets at $399 per ticket for this show!! It's a a section of the main orchestra level but nothing too special.  Insanity!!!!! And they're hiring someone to facilitate this - https://www.playbill.com/job/broadway-vip-concierge/5b2d789d-d8a1-4840-a711-66daf6ecc510 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#202A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 7/5/23 at 8:32am

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RWPrincess
#203A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 7/11/23 at 9:56am

ACL2006 said: "And it's now confirmed that Will Swenson is cutting down to 6 shows/week. Nick Fradiani will be doing Wednesday & Thursday evenings in July & August. When the schedule changes in September, Nick will be doing Tuesday evenings and Thursday matinees."

Nick replied to an Instagram comment on the show's account overnight and said that the September schedule runs until early November. I wonder if that means a different holiday schedule or if Will is leaving after a year.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#204A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 7/11/23 at 10:10am

I've also been informed that, around this time and for the next few weeks, that Neal Benari is assuming the role of the Senior while Mark Jacoby goes out on a medical leave (I believe until mid-August)

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#205A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 7/11/23 at 10:13am

I'm not expecting Will to extend his contract. So either Nick gets the role full-time, or Nick leaves as well, and we'll get two new actors in the role.

A shame to hear about Mark taking a medical leave as he's outstanding in the role.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#206A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 7/11/23 at 12:24pm

quizking101 said: "I've also been informed that, around this time and for the next few weeks, that Neal Benari is assuming the role of the Senior while Mark Jacoby goes out on a medical leave (I believe until mid-August)"

Michael McCormick has been out of the show for over a week now and Benari is now listed in his roles in the Playbill. Maybe McCormick is the one on medical leave or just a vacation? Philip Hoffman is the new Neil-Now standby.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#207A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 7/18/23 at 7:41pm

quizking101 said: "I've also been informed that, around this time and for the next few weeks, that Neal Benari is assuming the role of the Senior while Mark Jacoby goes out on a medical leave (I believe until mid-August)"

It's not Mark out on medical leave, it's Michael McCormick.

Also, Nick Fradiani is on all week as Will Swenson is on vacation.

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#208A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/11/23 at 6:36pm

https://deadline.com/2023/09/beautiful-noise-neil-diamond-broadway-attendance-1235543256/amp/

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#209A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/11/23 at 6:43pm

Dylan Smith4 said: "https://deadline.com/2023/09/beautiful-noise-neil-diamond-broadway-attendance-1235543256/amp/"

Told y'all their advance for the Fall was strong. Maybe this gives way to other shows doing Thursday matinees?

BETTY22
#210A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/11/23 at 7:14pm

I remember people rolling their eyes when Ken Davenport announce this - but he was right.

Congrats. 

amiyagi
#211A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/12/23 at 4:41am

ACL2006 said: "Dylan Smith4 said: "https://deadline.com/2023/09/beautiful-noise-neil-diamond-broadway-attendance-1235543256/amp/"

Told y'all their advance for the Fall was strong. Maybe this gives way to other shows doing Thursday matinees?
"

Here's hoping. One of the (many) reasons I love theatre in London is the different schedules. I can do a 2 show day almost every day of the week. Happy to see Harmony as a Thursday matinee and I'll definitely be taking advantage. 

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#212A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/12/23 at 8:19am

Well, if this first week of the new schedule is indicative, this could be a masterful, paradigm-changing  move by Davenport. Regardless, good for ABN.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#213A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/14/23 at 5:06pm

Anyone see the show today? Apparently there was a ton of u/s on? 9 actors were out in total and Will Swenson had to do the matinee today as Nick was out sick. Mary Page Nance posted on IG that the sh!t has it the fan at the Broadhurst.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#214A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/14/23 at 6:55pm

ACL2006 said: "Anyone see the show today? Apparently there was a ton of u/s on? 9 actors were out in total and Will Swenson had to do the matinee today as Nick was out sick. Mary Page Nance posted on IG that the sh!t has it the fan at the Broadhurst."

It's a COVID outbreak in the show currently. Ninako posted on IG that if one more person was out, they'd have to cancel. The matinee also didn't start until 3:30.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#215A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/14/23 at 8:58pm

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread

RWPrincess
#216A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/14/23 at 10:17pm

ACL2006 said: "ACL2006 said: "Anyone see the show today? Apparently there was a ton of u/s on? 9 actors were out in total and Will Swenson had to do the matinee today as Nick was out sick. Mary Page Nance posted on IG that the sh!t has it the fan at the Broadhurst."

It's a COVID outbreak in the show currently. Ninako posted on IG that if one more person was out, they'd have to cancel. The matinee also didn't start until 3:30.
"

I saw a video on twitter. Will gave a speech at curtain call and was wiping away tears--apparently they called him in so that's why the show started so late. He was stuck in traffic. He's a class act. I wonder if they'd allow the second cover to go on--I think only Will and Nick have performed thus far.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#217A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/15/23 at 7:19am

Max Sangerman has rehearsed the role. When Will got COVID back in April, Max got his put-in as Neil-Then. I would think Max would have gone on for yesterday's matinee for Nick if he wasn't out as well.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#218A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/15/23 at 7:23am

RWPrincess said: 
I saw a video on twitter. Will gave a speech at curtain call and was wiping away tears--apparently they called him in so that's why the show started so late. He was stuck in traffic. He's a class act. I wonder if they'd allow the second cover to go on--I think only Will and Nick have performed thus far.

"

Do you have that Twitter video? I searched and can't find it.

RWPrincess
#219A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/15/23 at 11:28am

ACL2006 said: "RWPrincess said:

"

"

https://youtu.be/58fxC8VGYL8?si=AS6rsR2fnWQQoL4w

The video was posted in the Theater Community on twitter which is why it wasn't publicly searchable. But I just realized it was a YT link.

I guess Will Swenson needs to be protected at all costs if Nick and Max do indeed have COVID. Hopefully not.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#220A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/15/23 at 11:34am

RWPrincess said: "ACL2006 said: "RWPrincess said:

"

"

The video was posted in the Theater Community on twitter which is why it wasn't publicly searchable. But I just realized it was a YT link.

I guess Will Swenson needs to be protected at all costs if Nick and Max do indeed have COVID. Hopefully not.

"

Thanks! I only know of Mimi and Robyn Hurder having it currently. I'm sure there's a few more as cases are on the rise in general. Hopefully Max is just on vacation and can possibly go on soon.

RWPrincess
#221A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/15/23 at 6:16pm

ACL2006 said: "RWPrincess said: "ACL2006 said: "RWPrincess said:

"

"

"

Thanks! I only know of Mimi and Robyn Hurder having it currently. I'm sure there's a few more as cases are on the rise in general. Hopefully Max is just on vacation and can possibly go on soon.
"

Add Nick Fradiani to that list. He posted on Instagram Stories saying he will be back next Thursday for the matinee. It will be interesting to see if Will can perform all week. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#222A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/15/23 at 10:15pm

I'm hoping that if Max is healthy and ready, he'll get the Tuesday evening performance.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#223A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/15/23 at 10:40pm

Mark Jacoby is also out with COVID. Robyn IS NOT out with COVID. She was back Friday night. Tatiana, Mimi, Max & Aaron are the ensemble members out with COVID. Phillip Hoffman was called back in for this week and was on in the Fred/Tommy track.

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#224A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: THE NEIL DIAMOND MUSICAL - P/reviews & News Thread
Posted: 9/16/23 at 10:23am

Lesson of the day: Don't tell the masses that someone has covid if you don't know for sure that they do (r.e. Robyn Hurder). Pretty tactless thing to do after three years of pandemic.