pixeltracker

New musical in development with Idina Menzel

New musical in development with Idina Menzel

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#1New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 10:26am

During a recent interview on E! News, Idina Menzel teased her return to Broadway in an original musical.

"I really love originating and being a part of developing new material. I'm not going to say what it is yet but definitely something that I feel really strongly about that I've helped develop from its early stages," she teased.

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#2New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 10:33am

I believe also mentioned this on Watch What Happens Live when talking about "Funny Girl".

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 10:34am

Hopefully it's better than IF/THEN.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ElephantLoveMedley
#4New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 10:37am

She's not talking about Wild, right?

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#5New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 10:44am

ACL2006 said: "Hopefully it's better than IF/THEN."

It's the sequel, THEN/IF

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

Claudia Draper
#6New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 10:54am

Of course it is WILD.  She has been developing it for over 5 years and starred in the A.R.T. production in Dec. 2021.  It was great. 

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#7New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 11:43am

It's not Wild. :)

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#8New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 12:52pm

Claudia Draper said: "Of course it is WILD. She has been developing it for over 5 years and starred in the A.R.T. production in Dec. 2021. It was great."

She was only scheduled to do part of that run, and only did a couple performances out of that schedule too. COVID really messed with the production. From what I know, it was very far from being ready.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

veronicamae
#9New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 2:05pm

Valentina3 said: "Claudia Draper said: "Of course it is WILD. She has been developing it for over 5 years and starred in the A.R.T. production in Dec. 2021. It was great."

She was only scheduled to do part of that run, and only did a couple performances out of that schedule too. COVID really messed with the production. From what I know, it was very far from being ready.
"

I'm 99.9% certain she did every show until it the run was canceled due to a COVID outbreak/that it never played without her in the lead (though would have at the end of the run as you mentioned, due to scheduling conflicts), but I def could be blanking on someone else covering the role before it was canceled.

It was very enjoyable and a lot of the songs are still stuck in my head, but the book definitely needed/needs more work. It was also little more than a staged concert - many leads weren't even off book for it.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#10New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 12/7/22 at 2:36pm

Just throwing out some love for If/Then. Saw Idina in the tour and loved it. Also revisit the cast album with some frequency. If it's not WILD I'm very curious to find out what her next project will be.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#11New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 11/14/23 at 3:07pm

Tickets are on sale now for REDWOOD! See Broadway icon Idina Menzel as she makes her La Jolla Playhouse debut in this exhilarating world premiere musical, a one-of-a-kind theatrical event about one woman’s journey into the precious and precarious world of the redwoods. Acclaimed writer and director Tina Landau (BEAUTY) brings this immersive and cinematic new work to life with lush visuals and a soaring score from Kate Diaz. Grab your tickets now before they sell out! bit.ly/RedwoodLJP

veronicamae
#12New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 11/14/23 at 5:00pm

I went to a reading of this last month and while I am definitely biased, it was a stunning piece of work.

BETTY22
#13New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 11/16/23 at 6:51pm

Does a timeline exist? I would love to see Idina back on Broadway soon 

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#14New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 2/4/24 at 8:35am

One week until their first preview. Exciting!!

KarenValentine'sheadband
#15New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 2/4/24 at 11:48am

CATSNYrevival said: "Just throwing out some love for If/Then. Saw Idina in the tour and loved it. Also revisit the cast album with some frequency. If it's not WILD I'm very curious to find out what her next project will be."

Same. I enjoyed it very much. 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#16New musical in development with Idina Menzel
Posted: 2/28/24 at 4:45pm

ACL2006 said: "Hopefully it's better than IF/THEN."

Based on the production photos, they might've just recycled her IF/THEN costumes.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008