pixeltracker

A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?

A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?

Robbie516
#1A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/5/23 at 9:48pm

I heard a rumor that this is going to transfer from CSC with Jim Parsons again starring and going to Circle in the Square…anyone know if this is true or not?

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#2A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/5/23 at 9:58pm

I haven't heard anything, but that theatre is wide open at the moment and it's not a super expensive show to run except for Jim Paron's salary. I'd rather see their Assassins production transfer, but I loved A Man of No Importance too and would be happy to see it on Broadway. Overall, I'd honestly just be happy to see CSC finally get a Broadway transfer! It's a wonderful theatre that totally deserves a big Broadway moment!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#3A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/5/23 at 9:59pm

jkcohen626 said: "Overall, I'd honestly just be happy to see CSC finally get a Broadway transfer! It's a wonderful theatre that totally deserves a big Broadway moment!"

I miss Carmen Jones.

MemorableUserName
#4A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/5/23 at 10:07pm

It's being discussed in the Broadway Theatre Availability thread, where someone claimed it was happening.

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1155285

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#5A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/5/23 at 10:15pm

It's happening. Circle in the Square Theater. Limited run.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#6A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/5/23 at 11:29pm

Oh excellent! I missed this one at CSC. Glad I’ll get my chance :)

Robbie516
#7A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:22am

Anyone know when this will be announced…and start?

Owen22
#8A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:30am

I hope this summer or fall, as it (and the wonderful Parsons) would surely lose a Tony revival trophy this year (would it actually be a revival though?)

bdn223 Profile Photo
bdn223
#9A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 10:40am

ACL2006 said: "It's happening. Circle in the Square Theater. Limited run."

This will be the 3rd true limited engagement revival of a musical we've seen this season, which is crazy. Prior to this season I can't remember the last "limited" engagement of revival musical that wasn't just a tour stop or non-profit due to financing. Then again pricing for the initial run of Into the Woods, and Parade are outrageous, but I am happy that producers are figuring out how to make limited engagements of musicals work.

Owen22
#10A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 11:15am

bdn223 said: "ACL2006 said: "It's happening. Circle in the Square Theater. Limited run."

This will be the 3rd true limited engagement revival of a musical we've seen this season, which is crazy. Prior to this season I can't remember the last "limited" engagement of revival musical that wasn't just a tour stop or non-profit due to financing. Then again pricing for the initial run of Into the Woods, and Parade are outrageous, but I am happy that producers are figuring out how to make limited engagements of musicals work.
"

"Announced" limited engagements have been the modus operandi in the West End for years. Of course, if they catch on, these turn into unlimited runs...

Robbie516
#11A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:44pm

I thought this was opening this season, no? Just wanted to know when if anyone knew?

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#12A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 12:54pm

Robbie516 said: "I thought this was opening this season, no? Just wanted to know when if anyone knew?"

Parade was announced today and starts previews in 42 days. Last season, POTUS was announced in early March and began previews 44 days later. I do think we'll hear about this sooner rather than later, but there is still plenty of time to announce a show coming this season. 

broadwayben3
#13A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 2:15pm

How confirmed is this?

SouthernCakes
#14A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 2:59pm

Would be so curious about what changes would be made to the staging since CSC is usually super bare bones. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#15A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 3:30pm

SouthernCakes said: "Would be so curious about what changes would be made to the staging since CSC is usually super bare bones."

In particular the orchestration, which was only 4 players at CSC. (Keyboard, Bass, Guitars, Reeds)

Robbie516
#16A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/10/23 at 3:47pm

amanofnoimportancebway.com

is a real website asking for login info to enter…probably meaning it is happening although the new Sondheim show had one it was fake…this one seems real

Robbie516
#17A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/18/23 at 2:57pm

Anyone have any info that this is definitely happening this season…as the weeks go by…my hope is getting smaller and smaller

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#18A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/18/23 at 3:52pm

You’ve asked when two separate shows will announce all week. Patience my friend. 

broadwayindie
#19A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/18/23 at 5:15pm

Just speculating but the Cornelia Street extension may cause this not to start till April because of Mary Beth Peil.

Updated On: 1/18/23 at 05:15 PM

Jason Leibfried
#20A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/18/23 at 5:36pm

Hearing that a play completely out of left field will be opening at Circle in the Square this May. I have no doubt that this show eventually makes it way to Broadway. Probably next season. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#21A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/18/23 at 5:46pm

broadwayindie said: "Just speculating but the Cornelia Street extension may cause this not to start till April because of Mary Beth Peil."

Extensions are automatically built into contracts, and Mary Beth Peil should be no factor in transferring a show to Broadway, being that she will not sell any tickets.

ErmengardeStopSniveling
#22A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/18/23 at 5:47pm

milkywhitestan said: "Hearing that a play completely out of left field will be opening at Circle in the Square this May."

I hope it's CHICKEN & BISCUITS 2: GRAVY'S REVENGE.

BETTY22
#23A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/18/23 at 6:08pm

Fingers crossed. 

I'm loving all these limited run revivals. It gives us so many more old shows to revisit and enjoy. 

smidge2
#24A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/18/23 at 6:17pm

milkywhitestan said: "Hearing that a play completely out of left field will be opening at Circle in the Square this May. I have no doubt that this show eventually makes it way to Broadway. Probably next season."

Circle in the Square is a Broadway house.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#25A Man of No Importance coming to Broadway?
Posted: 1/18/23 at 6:24pm

Circle being a Broadway house was never debated.