pixeltracker

PARADE On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread- Page 31

PARADE On Broadway - Reviews & News Thread

hearthemsing22
#750PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 9:52am

BETTY22 said: "Any news about a tour of this magnificent production?

With all the movie to stage shows and theme park entertainment, it was a joy to see this show.
"

Please read the comments above yours lmao we discuss that above 

BCfitasafiddle
#751PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 11:22am

The recording of the final "All The Wasted Time" that's circulating the internet is brutal. Ben and Micaela sobbing and speak-singing their way though these words. Voices cracking and breaking. Pure raw emotion. absolutely gut-wrenching.

So happy I was able to see it one last time on Saturday night. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#752PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 11:27am

If this does tour, I hope Max Chernin is Leo.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#753PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 11:29am

Call_me_jorge said: "If this does tour, I hope Max Chernin is Leo."

Couldn’t agree more. He was fantastic! 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#754PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 12:52pm

BCfitasafiddle said: "The recording of the final "All The Wasted Time" that's circulating the internet is brutal. Ben and Micaela sobbing and speak-singing their way though these words. Voices cracking and breaking. Pure raw emotion. absolutely gut-wrenching.

So happy I was able to see it one last time on Saturday night.
"

It must be circulating an internet that I don't have as I haven't had any luck in finding it. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#755PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 1:07pm

I heard the Broadway production recouped, and a tour in currently in talks.

hearthemsing22
#756PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/8/23 at 6:05pm

Broadway Flash said: "I heard the Broadway production recouped, and a tour in currently in talks."

From actual people involved or hopeful speculation 

Call_me_jorge
#757PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/12/23 at 7:36pm

If it’s true that this recouped it’s investment, I hope that bodes well for producers willing to risk backing a new Ragtime revival.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Dom P
#758PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/12/23 at 8:21pm

Call_me_jorge said: "If it’s true that this recouped it’s investment, I hope that bodes well for producers willing to risk backing a new Ragtime revival."

Serious question: The 2009 revival of Ragtime, while a scaled down version only ran 65 performances. Why would any back a new revival?

Call_me_jorge
#759PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/12/23 at 10:01pm

Dom P said: "Call_me_jorge said: "If it’s true that this recouped it’s investment, I hope that bodes well for producers willing to risk backing a new Ragtime revival."

Serious question: The 2009 revival of Ragtime, while a scaled down version only ran 65 performances. Why would any back a new revival?
"

In 2009 we were in the midst of a financial recession.

markypoo Profile Photo
markypoo
#760PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/23 at 9:17am

steven22 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "If this does tour, I hope Max Chernin is Leo."

Couldn’t agree more. He was fantastic!
"

Brandon Uranowitz, please, please.

Who's Max Chernin?

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#761PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/23 at 9:45am

markypoo said: "Who's Max Chernin?"

He was the understudy for Ben Platt for the Broadway production.

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#762PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 8/13/23 at 10:22am

Call_me_jorge said: "Dom P said: "Call_me_jorge said: "If it’s true that this recouped it’s investment, I hope that bodes well for producers willing to risk backing a new Ragtime revival."

"

In 2009 we were in the midst of a financial recession.
"

IMO, Ragtime is not a great show. Clunky book. 

inception Profile Photo
inception
#763PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 4/1/24 at 9:59am

Does anyone know if the version of this show currently being licensed has all the cuts made for the Broadway production?

This weekend I saw a small local production being put on in an old bank.  Very good, but I don't know if I misremembered things, as I only saw the Bwy version once over a year ago.

I overheard someone say it is an equity coop.  A huge cast with a mix of local theatre veterans and some recent grads, and a good band.  Looks like they spent a lot on costumes.  But they seat maybe 50 people per performance. Definitely a labour of love as I can't see it breaking even.

Biggest difference from Broadway version is audience very quiet, and not breaking into shrieks and sobs at every note Platt sung.

Updated On: 4/1/24 at 09:59 AM