pixeltracker

Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical

Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical

Rentaholic2
#2Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:13am

Well this sounds delightful. Sign me up.

JasonC3
#3Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:15am

That picture of Cheno is ... really something.

JanMaxwellsBag Profile Photo
JanMaxwellsBag
#4Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:19am

Hopefully this doesn’t end up in the Announced Chenoweth Musical graveyard. I find this wayyyyy more interesting than anything she’s been attached to in the past. I’m wondering if they will adapt the doc faithfully or if they will use it’s characters and setting to create a new story. 

I could use a prince to save me from my prince.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#5Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:22am

I can tell you that this musical has been in ACTUAL development for quite a while now, unlike a lot of the shows she says she's going to be doing. So this is the one I'm actually thinking will happen.

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#6Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:31am

I’m all in for this. I love the Queen !

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#7Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:37am

JasonC3 said: "That picture of Cheno is ... really something."

I love KC but her appearance and attempts at "preservation" these days is really something...but if it makes her feel good then who are we to judge?!

That said, this whole team really excites me and definitely seems more "real" than Soapdish and Whorehouse and Tammy Faye and Death Becomes Her and other projects that she has developed over the years. That we even got that revival of On The 20th Century was a bit of a triumph. I had also been wondering if we'd *ever* get another new Schwartz score on Broadway. Updated On: 2/24/23 at 10:37 AM

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#8Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:40am

First "Joy" now this? Talk about scraping the bottom for source material. SMDH. What's next? The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: The Musical?!? Ugh. 

Updated On: 2/24/23 at 10:40 AM

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#9Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:46am

CarlosAlberto said: "First "Joy" now this? Talk about scraping the bottom for source material. SMDH. What's next? The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: The Musical?!? Ugh."

If it’s written well then why not? 

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

DaveyG
#10Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:54am

I love Stephen Schwartz and Kristin Chenoweth. I'm sure the material will be good. I just hope they don't ignore how Jackie's husband David is vile with a history of sexual harassment lawsuits and threatening his own employees if they vote for democrats. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_A._Siegel

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#11Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:55am

DaveyG said: "I love Stephen Schwartz and Kristin Chenoweth. I'm sure the material will be good. I just hope they don't ignore how Jackie's husband David is vile with a history of sexual harassment lawsuits and threatening his own employees if they vote for democrats.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_A._Siegel

"

Just what the Broadway masses asked for. :: rolls eyes :: 

Voter Profile Photo
Voter
#12Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 10:58am

CarlosAlberto said: "First "Joy" now this? Talk about scraping the bottom for source material. SMDH. What's next? The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: The Musical?!? Ugh."

Don’t joke, because I would truly see that

There are like 3 other people called Voter on here, FYI. Deleted comment count: 12

JanMaxwellsBag Profile Photo
JanMaxwellsBag
#13Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 11:00am

Voter said: "CarlosAlberto said: "First "Joy" now this? Talk about scraping the bottom for source material. SMDH. What's next? The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills: The Musical?!? Ugh."

Don’t joke, because I would truly see that
"

The act one finale would definitely be “Let’s Talk About The Husband”

I could use a prince to save me from my prince.

BETTY22
#14Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 11:29am

Sign me up.

Wasn't there legal issues with the documentary. I think maybe a lawsuit?

fbueller
#15Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 11:33am

Kristin deserves better material.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#16Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 11:38am

fbueller said: "Kristin deserves better material."

LOL  You’re acting like she’s been going around begging for roles and finally someone decided to throw her a bone and it’s all she could get. She “deserves” better? Pinpoint EXACTLY what it is about this project that you think is beneath her. Please point it out precisely because besides knowing this has been in development for a while, I don’t know as much about it as you do and would love to know what makes it so bad. Is it the book? The music? Do you think the score doesn’t suit her well? Please tell us. 

Updated On: 2/24/23 at 11:38 AM

Ke3
#17Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 11:54am

Has Schwartz had many projects in development in the years since Wicked? Seems like he hasn't even done Disney stuff in years. Excited for this. I think the music of Wicked has given his reputation some knocks with theatre lovers but I've always liked his other scores. Pippin is one of the only musicals in a post-rock world to actually capture the sound of its era. Probably helps that Motown produced the cast album but it's also there in what he actually wrote.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#18Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 12:08pm

So, this now is like project number 36 she’s attached to? She has a better turnaround with her books. She needs to focus on another memoir or children’s book. kiss

pethian Profile Photo
pethian
#19Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 12:23pm

Ke3 said: "HasSchwartz had many projects in development in the years since Wicked? ."

Yes. Several. Most recently a musical that premiered in Europe about Emanuel Schikaneder, the libettist for THE MAGIC FLUTE. Updated On: 2/24/23 at 12:23 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#20Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 1:06pm

If done right, this could be as incredible as Grey Gardens, which is also based on a documentary. 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 2/24/23 at 01:06 PM

Call_me_jorge
#21Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 1:08pm

BETTY22 said: "Sign me up.

Wasn't there legal issues with the documentary. I think maybe a lawsuit?
"

I believe there was, but discovery aired a followup series recently of the family and Jackie. I’m not sure if the original documentary crew were involved in anyway, though.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 2/24/23 at 01:08 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#22Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 1:16pm

I think this is brilliant. Jackie is super trash, the whole family honestly, and then they get this crazy wealth and try to build their own Versailles. I could see some really beautiful moments very Grey Gardens. I’d love to hear how the music sounds and what vibe they’re going for. 

Call_me_jorge
#23Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 1:24pm

Thinking about how they’re going to musicalize Jackie in the limo whilst getting McDonald’s through the drive-thru and also the moment when David regrets helping George Bush become president. This better be pure and utter camp.

Updated On: 2/24/23 at 01:24 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#25Kristin Chenoweth/Stephen Schwartz team up for Queen of Versailles stage musical
Posted: 2/24/23 at 1:46pm

I want a bio musical of Kristin's life.
Emily Skinner as Rosie O'Donnell discovering her.
The Act 1 cliffhanger as the Good Wife rigging comes crashing down.
The Act 2 'If/Then' sequence where we see Kristin's career if she had pursued the opera route.

Videos