pixeltracker

Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center

Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#1Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 8/29/23 at 9:09am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Neil-Patrick-Harris-Will-Direct-TICK-TICK-BOOM-at-the-Kennedy-Center-20230829

Oh this is exciting!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince
Updated On: 8/29/23 at 09:09 AM

Alex M Profile Photo
Alex M
#2Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 8/29/23 at 9:16am

super excited to find out the cast for this!

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#3Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 8/29/23 at 9:29am

Tickets go on sale to the public on Thursday! I'm definitely gonna see this!

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

KevinKlawitter
#4Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 8/29/23 at 1:01pm

I have my doubts that he plans to stick around after this show is finished, but seeing this news made me think NPH would be just about perfect casting as Albert in the Kennedy Center's scheduled production of Bye Bye Birdie this coming summer.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#6Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 12/19/23 at 10:51am

While watching I Can Get It For You Wholesale last week I had the thought that Adam Chanler-Berat was born to play Jonathan Larson.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#7Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 12/19/23 at 4:25pm

I really like Uranowitz but he does not at all read like somebody who has just turned 30, which for this role is very important.

Chanler-Berat is only a couple years younger than Uranowitz but feels much more right.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

theatreguy Profile Photo
theatreguy
#8Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 12/19/23 at 4:52pm

Agreed, though Chanler-Berat is actually just 5 and a half months younger than Uranowitz.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 12/19/23 at 4:55pm

I don't think it really matters for a weeklong concert production, but yes I agree Uranowitz has always read older than he actually is. He can easily pass for 40s onstage now. Even Andrew Garfield read a little older than 30.

ELP
#10Neil Patrick Harris to direct Tick...Tick...BOOM! at the Kennedy Center
Posted: 12/19/23 at 10:26pm

Kad said: "I really like Uranowitz but he does not at all read like somebody who has just turned 30, which for this role is very important.

Chanler-Berat is only a couple years younger than Uranowitz but feels much more right.
"

Curious how Mr. Uranowitz would look without a beard. Certainly not older...my opinion.