pixeltracker

What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway

What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway

Islander_fan
#1What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 10:57am

I am going to be in DC this week, and, considering seeing the tour of Moulin Rogue at the Kennedy Center. Just wondering, what have they modified to make the show able to tour? I mean, I have seen it a couple of times on Broadway, but often enjoy seeing how shows do on tour ad welll. 

Updated On: 9/12/23 at 10:57 AM

bholtzinger544
#2What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 11:06am

They transferred a lot more than I thought they would and it plays very well in this theatre. No catwalk but most of the scenic elements are there. I got $45 rush tickets the day of and ended up in row S orchestra. John Cardozza and Yvette were very well cast and were worth seeing alone. 

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#3What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 11:08am

There’s no passarelle, and the swing and theatre boxes are onstage (they don’t extend into the theatre). A lot more confetti on tour!

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#4What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 11:14am

Supposedly the elephant and windmill are location-specific. Only utilized at some tour stops that can support/place them, but not others. Curious about the swing from the rafters. 

HeyMrMusic Profile Photo
HeyMrMusic
#5What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 11:22am

A curtain is brought in before any of the swing moments, and it rises to reveal Satine on the swing. The act 2 swing moment doesn’t happen. 

OhHiii
#6What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 11:52am

HeyMrMusic said: "A curtain is brought in before any of the swing moments, and it rises to reveal Satine on the swing. The act 2 swing moment doesn’t happen."

A small detail, the curtain comes in for Broadway before the Sparkling Diamond too. Difference is Satine doesn't come from the flys in front of the curtain on tour. 

bholtzinger544
#7What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 12:08pm

Both are at the Kennedy Center currently

brodynky
#8What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 12:29pm

For only the next two weeks, the BIGGEST difference is the tour has John Cardoza as Christian! He is fantastic and definitely worth catching before he ends his run…and most likely on to The Notebook next. 🤞🏼

MatthewS1
#9What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 12:47pm

I have heard that after the tour’s run in Pittsburgh and the following two week layoff, there is going to be a large scenic reduction. The tour will start opening on Tuesdays in each city instead of Wednesdays/Thursdays. Does anyone know what cuts are being made? I assume the elephant and windmill will definitely go.

George in DC Profile Photo
George in DC
#10What are the Differences between Moulin Rouge on tour V Broadway
Posted: 9/12/23 at 1:12pm

If you can, I would highly recommend you seeing "Bridges of Madison County" at Signature Theatre in Arlington. The production is truly beautiful and the cast exceptional. I actually preferred this to the original Broadway production. But this is the kind of show Signature excels in and the small space makes the show even more intomate.

Videos