pixeltracker

Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?

Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?

BETTY22
#1Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 7:51am

“Press seats are almost always in the middle of the orchestra,” Jesse Green said. “But when I buy them myself, I like to sit in the front row of the mezzanine.”

Where do you like to sit? 

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/13/insider/jesse-green-gutenberg.html?unlocked_article_code=C2v4mQhntR_x90SoCL5njCI2sfdOR1bDkikOuTk5fxIPKLSeUBKAPK9MNfi7KpA7sgAYiyn_q2RMDktSWmzWpt_vR0CvFT9aVF994Mks4O6B

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 8:13am

Front mezzanine center is usually my first choice.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Bill Snibson Profile Photo
Bill Snibson
#3Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 8:25am

Depends on the show but typically I prefer orchestra for plays and front mezz for musicals

spicemonkey
#4Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 8:30am

I'm short

so I prefer aisle seat - side orch, or a row that has a rise 

or front mezz

it also depends on the theatre. I even thought about writing down (LOL) which row in each theatre has a rise from the row before 

BWAY Baby2
#5Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 8:43am

Second row center for me- musical or drama- you can see and hear everything. 

FAN3
#6Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 9:36am

Until very recently I always preferred sitting in the orchestra.  But now, I Love first row center mezzanine. I find those seats the best in terms of being able to appreciate the entire set and not having to look over someone else’s shoulder. 

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#7Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 9:50am

Mezz for something like The Lion King, orchestra for something where you're only there to see a famous actor.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#8Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 11:05am

Front/center orchestra. I almost never enjoy shows seen from upstairs (the only exception that comes to mind was The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time).

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

sparklingtonic2
#9Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 11:13am

For most shows, I pefer front row center orchestra. I like to see the expressions on the actors' faces, and I like not having anyone in front of me.

However, if it's a theater with a high stage or a show that has interesting dance numbers best enjoyed from farther back, I opt for the fifth or sixth row in the orchestra. I use A View from My Seat to figure out whether there's a good row (e.g., if there's a row where the incline increases noticeably from the ones in front of it).

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#10Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 11:20am

Orchestra rows H-M close to the center is my personal sweet spot for most plays or musicals. Can't really go wrong there ... with the rare exception of something like LIFE OF PI. But a big spectacular musical can also be great from the front mezz, and in particular the lighting can look quite different up there.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#11Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/20/23 at 11:32am

I love the front mezz for all types of shows. My go-to, first choice.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Zeppie2022
#12Orchestra or front row of the mezzanine?
Posted: 10/21/23 at 9:15am

Front row of the mezzanine especially if the show has a bunch of dancing.