Off- Broadway Question

hearthemsing22
#1Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/20/23 at 1:11pm

While the 24/25 Broadway season is stacked, as we know, I'm wondering if anyone has any off-Broadway show you're really looking forward to?

I'm curious about Manhatta at The Public Theatre. Also Mind Mangler at New World Stages. But what are your most anticipated?

Updated On: 12/20/23 at 01:11 PM

forfivemoreminutes
#2Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/20/23 at 1:22pm

I loved Manahatta at The Public. Probably one of the best plays I’ve seen this season. Highly recommend it if you get a chance to see it. Also if you’re a student, the box office has very reasonably priced student tickets available.

All So Ozmopolitan
#3Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/20/23 at 3:18pm

I love this question! In terms of upcoming Off-Broadway productions that haven't begun yet, my most-anticipated are The Connector (MCC), The Welkin (Atlantic), Teeth (Playwrights Horizons), Volcano, The Hunt, and Dark Noon (St. Ann's), The Effect (The Shed), Three Houses (Signature Theatre), and all the Encores! productions. 

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#4Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/20/23 at 6:30pm

Most anticipated: The Connector (MCC), Once Upon a Mattress (Encores!), Illinoise (Park Ave. Armory), Gun & Powder (Papermill) 

Optimistic for: The Welkin (Atlantic), Public Obscenities (TFANA), Sunset Baby (Signature), The Seven Year Disappear (New Group), Russian Troll Farm (Vineyard) and Brooklyn Laundry (MTC)

mcsquared
#5Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/20/23 at 7:02pm

Manahatta was amazing so I'm really glad I had the chance to see it. I think this is the last week though. I also saw Hell's Kitchen,Buena Vista Social Club and Gardens of Anuncia off-Broadway. I was curious about Jerusalem Syndrome but couldn't fit that in.

whatever2
#6Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/20/23 at 7:52pm

agree 100% with the Manahatta love.

but in terms of the *2024-25* off-broadway season, i'm not aware that anything's been announced? typically, the companies (MTC, 2ST, Atlantic, NYTW, Playwrights, Signature, et cetera) announce their seasons in like March/April ... sometimes later. And those announcements often are incomplete -- "And X More Shows To Be Announced!"

"You, sir, are a moron." (PlayItAgain)

DoTheDood Profile Photo
DoTheDood
#7Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/20/23 at 8:52pm

It's not open for much longer, but I just saw Rachel Bloom's new show "Death Let Me Do My Show" last weekend and adored it. Cannot recommend it enough for anyone who misses Crazy Ex Girlfriend. I also saw she had an article in Playbill about it and said she hopes it transfers to Broadway at some point, which I would love

chrishuyen
#8Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/24/23 at 2:04am

A lot of good stuff has already been mentioned, but some other things I'm looking forward to/curious about include: Jonah (Roundabout), The Ally (Public), Dead Outlaw (Minetta Lane), Sally & Tom (Public), The Welkin (Atlantic), and Cats: The Jellicle Ball (PAC)

RWPrincess
#9Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/24/23 at 6:57pm

My most anticipated are Once Upon A Mattress, The Connector, and the Company tour in New Haven. Also interested in Titanique and Mind Mangler. I was hoping to see White Rose as well but looks like they are no longer selling tickets to that.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#10Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/24/23 at 7:36pm

Just saw Rachel Bloom for the second time and loved it even more! It could definitely be a candidate for the Hayes summer rental or the Booth next year. 

I'm excited for The Ally at the Public. Sounds fascinating and EXTREMELY timely with a fanastic cast and creative team. 

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#11Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/24/23 at 11:00pm

RWPrincess: …I was hoping to see White Rose as well but looks like they are no longer selling tickets to that.

Tickets for White Rose are available on TDF if you’re a member. They are also available through the show’s website https://whiterosethemusical.com/.

RWPrincess
#12Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/25/23 at 4:37pm

Melissa25 said: "RWPrincess: …I was hoping to see White Rose as well but looks like they are no longer selling tickets to that.

Tickets for White Rose are available on TDF if you’re a member. They are also available through the show’s websitehttps://whiterosethemusical.com/.
"

Thank you for clarifying. I accidentally pulled up https://www.whiterosemusical.com instead of the correct link you posted above.

OuttaTowner
#13Off- Broadway Question
Posted: 12/25/23 at 6:48pm

Looking forward to The Lonely Few at MCC.
There was great buzz from its west coast run.