Tony Award tickets

Jcrispee2
#1Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/7/24 at 12:46am

With the Tony Awards being at Lincoln Center this year, does anyone know if they will be selling tickets to the public? 

BoringBoredBoard40
#2Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/7/24 at 1:25am

1000% no

there apparently aren't even enough tickets for all of the nominees.

BdwyFan
#3Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/7/24 at 2:22am

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "1000% no

there apparently aren't even enough tickets for all of the nominees.
"

Heard the same. Which is crazy. And wrong. 

BoringBoredBoard40
#4Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/7/24 at 2:42am

A record number shows this season and the League decides to hold the awards at one of the smallest venues yet, truly shortsighted and absurd 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#5Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/7/24 at 7:00am

I suspect the decision was made long before they new what the season would look like. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

hearthemsing22
#6Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/7/24 at 8:49am

While it's disappointing, it's totally fair. I hope people don't queue up at Lincoln Center begging for tickets. I've seen people do that for other things and it's pathetic, so I hope it doesn't happen here. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#7Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/7/24 at 9:32am

hearthemsing22 said: "While it's disappointing, it's totally fair. I hope people don't queue up at Lincoln Center begging for tickets. I've seen people do that for other things and it's pathetic, so I hope it doesn't happen here."

Only the influencers will be begging. :)

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#8Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/7/24 at 10:03am

^^^And somehow they'll get in- obnoxious 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#9Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/7/24 at 10:45am

dramamama611 said: "I suspect the decision was made long before they new what the season would look like."

?

We knew this seating fiasco was coming the moment that they announced the Koch.

This is more or less the same number of nominees as any other recent season.

As long as the League continues to enable co-producers and allow 40-60 people be eligible to win a Tony for raising a limited sum of money for a show, there will be seating problems in any venue except Radio City.

This is, of course, a self-inflicted problem. If they cut it down to a max of 5 individuals being allowed to win a Tony (or only people who raised/invested more than $1 million), that would be great for the valuation of the award, but it may see League membership dues diminish AND more shows might fall apart like Room and My Son's A Queer. A show like Ohio might not make it to Broadway, or productions will have to find other incentives for investors and money-raisers. Those struggles may be worth it in the long run, but there will be shorter-term obstacles.

hearthemsing22
#10Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/9/24 at 4:25pm

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "^^^And somehow they'll get in- obnoxious"

So obnoxious. I hope they don't. Mean of me, but more obnoxious of them to do that 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#11Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/9/24 at 4:45pm

What is the reasoning for not having it at Radio City Music Hall this year? Is Radio City Music Hall not available? Too expensive?

Broadway Flash Profile Photo
Broadway Flash
#12Tony Award tickets
Posted: 5/9/24 at 5:14pm

I heard Radio City prioritized booking other talents that’s cheaper and makes more money. There was some sort of dust up and I don’t think the Tony’s will be returning there anymore.  I’m happy it won’t be. I hope Lincoln Center is where it will be permanently. I am 100% confident it will be so much better there. Especially the red carpet outside all around the fountain on the plaza. And all the other space they have 

Latest Posts