pixeltracker

Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom

Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom

CJRochester
#1Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom
Posted: 6/18/24 at 9:27pm

This sounds fun. 

Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in ‘Golden Girls’-Like Hulu Sitcom From Ryan Murphy and ‘Will & Grace’ Creators

https://variety.com/2024/tv/columns/matt-bomer-nathan-lane-golden-girls-ryan-murphy-1236041246/

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom
Posted: 6/18/24 at 10:02pm

It sounds incredibly try hard. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#3Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom
Posted: 6/18/24 at 10:44pm

CJRochester said: "This sounds fun.

Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in ‘Golden Girls’-Like Hulu Sitcom From Ryan Murphy and ‘Will & Grace’ Creators

https://variety.com/2024/tv/columns/matt-bomer-nathan-lane-golden-girls-ryan-murphy-1236041246/
"

There's been many wish list casts brought up to reboot the Golden Girls. Use 4 older women again, use 4 older black women, or 4 older gay men. Can't reproduce the Golden Girls unless they can find amazing writers to do so.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

MysteriousLady
#4Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom
Posted: 6/19/24 at 12:30am

This sounds great! I'm sure Lane and Lavin will be great together. 

Impeach2017 Profile Photo
Impeach2017
#5Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom
Posted: 6/19/24 at 2:40am

Bomer's not exactly an old-timer.  He should have been given a lot more opportunities as leading man.  jmo

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#6Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom
Posted: 6/19/24 at 6:54am

Wonder who will get the McClanahan part.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#7Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom
Posted: 6/19/24 at 7:34am

Kudos to Ryan Murphy for getting this greenlit. Countless THE GOLDEN GIRLS-like sitcoms have been pitched and networks and streamers have passed on them. I know of at least 3 created by award winning creatives and even they couldn’t get interest in their adaptations. 

Phantom4ever
#8Matt Bomer, Nathan Lane to Star in Golden Girls-Like Sitcom
Posted: 6/19/24 at 8:26am

Ouch!  As a fellow 1977 baby, I was shocked to read the press release for this that put Bomer, 46/47, in the same age group as Nathan Lane, 68 with the line "men of a certain age." Ouch again! I was expecting to read something like "two older gentlemen move in with a younger male roommate". Nope. Bomer is one of the older men. I get that Rue McClanahan was 51, only four years older than Bomer is now, at the start of Golden Girls, but the other girls were 12 years older, not 21 years older. Who knows, maybe they will address the difference in age and that there's older and then there's OLDER, like Golden Girls did with the difference between the three girls in their 50s/60s and Sophia in her 80s. 

Videos