"Q" - Revisited !!!

testing123
#0"Q" - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 12:03am

Just got back from our second time seeing "Avenue Q". One of the best experiences we have ever had on Broadway. I dont know if it was because it was a Friday, but the audience was so pumped !
The applause after every single song was amazing.. And, I have to add.... John T. rocks !!!

First time we saw the show, he was out and Barrett Foa was in. Barrett was very good in the role, but its a totally different experience was John. His facial expressions alone are worth the price of admission. The puppets seem to be an extension of his own body (if that makes any sense!) He is just that good !

The audience seemed to feed of the joy he gets playing these characters. The applause at the end of the show was great. There was a loud roar when the cast came out for their first bows.

Amazing !!! This show is seriously growing on me. Cant wait to go back !!!

"Get a job!!!" "Thank you... honey"

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#1re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 12:11am

I hope this show runs forever! And with the current cast!

I love watching John Tartaglia onstage - he's so graceful and toned, his movements so sharp, you'd think he was a dancer.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."
Updated On: 6/26/04 at 12:11 AM

judy_in_disguise
#2re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 12:38am

Can he sing the part well though?
I've heard the Avenue Q c.d. and it's great, I never noticed anything off about his voice.
But then I was listening to BWW radio one night and heard him MASSACRE my favourite song- I'd Give it All for You from Songs for a New World.....
On stage: is he a good singer, passable, or bad but makes up for it in charm?

FinnFanatic
#3re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 12:42am

I saw the show back in October before it was a huge megahit, and I remember thinking that John had a really good voice. It was a while, ago, though, so I may have just been influenced by the cast recording. I agree with you, though. I listened to him sing on BW Radio and I wasn't really too impressed. "I'd Give It All For You" and "Heart and Music" are two of my favorite songs and he didn't really do much for me with them. But I still love him!! (And I just got pics developed from NYC...including one with him:))

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#4re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 1:02am

Maybe he was having an off-day, because he normally sings beautifully live.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

bobbystrong
#5re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 2:05am

Was there as well - the audience was crazy!! People shouted "one more time!" after the band finished the playout music...

The cast is stellar - especially John T (I love his singing voice for Princeton) and Ann Harada - they really are fantastic ...and I also think Natalie Venetia Belcon is underrated - I love her delivery...she is hysterical and brings the house down (yes, along w the puppet sex) during "You Can Be As Loud As You Want.."

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#6re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 3:35am

Really? I saw John sing Id Give it All for You live twice and I thought he did an amazing job with it. He's really fantastic.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

Missy37
#7re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 9:41am

Any of the current cast leaving the show anytime soon?

Sheri Profile Photo
Sheri
#8re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 12:52pm

Just got back from seeing "Avenue Q" for the second time too and I have to agree about John - he's incredible and I love his voice. re: 'Q' - Revisited !!! This time when I saw it, Rick Lyons was out - but Barrett Foa was great as Nicky, Trekkie, and one of the Bad Idea Bears. re: 'Q' - Revisited !!! Jordan Gelber was out as well and I liked his understudy, but I didn't get the same feel off of his Brian that I got from Jordan - but maybe it was just me.

But I have to say, I just love the show! re: 'Q' - Revisited !!! It's just as enjoyable (if not more) to see it the second time around. re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#9re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 1:44pm

Glad you had fun! I love John... he's so talented. His facial expressions are wonderful, and what a voice on him!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

bythesword84 Profile Photo
bythesword84
#10re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 2:16pm

Actually Peter Linz (who is Jordan's understudy) does an excellent job as Nicky/Trekkie/Bear also.

I'm glad everyone loves John, its hard not to love his performance because its so fantastic.

And hang on, when did you win the discus?

iruvyou Profile Photo
iruvyou
#11re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 11:27pm

Wait is john not sick anymore???? I'm going sunday WILL HE BE THERE!!!!!!!

Bobby is my hobby and I'm givin' it up!

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#12re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 11:38pm

I was thinking .. if any of the cast leaves and they stunt cast *shudders* i can see the puppets protesting and not going on. Just a thought!:)

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#13re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 11:48pm

Well, the puppets did protest after the Tony nominations for being overlooked...
Actually, according to the Avenue Q site, the following stunt casting will be made:
Clay Aiken as Princeton/Rod
Britney Spears as Kate/Lucy (can't you just see her doing Special)
Bjork as Christmas Eve
Will Ferril as Brian
Owen Wilson as Nicky
James Earl Jones as Trekkie
Maggie Smith as Ms.T
Janet and Michael Jackson as the Bad Ideas Bears
Lil Kim as Gary Coleman
http://www.avenueq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4&t_id=24
http://www.avenueq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4&t_id=24>http://www.avenueq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4&t_id=24

SexyMelvin
#14re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 11:50pm

I LOVE JOHN TARTAGLIA! My Johnny Boy loves me also very much. *kissy face* I love you too John!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/26/04 at 11:56pm

hahaha, broadwaystar, that cracked me up. Thank you.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#16re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/27/04 at 12:32am

The entire cast of this show is absolutely fabulous. They are EXTREMELY talented human beings, and the show completely deserved the best musical Tony.

You've gotta have heart AND music

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#17re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/27/04 at 1:00am

DELICIOUS HUSSYS!

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#18re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/27/04 at 5:15pm

I just saw it this Saturday Mat, I LOVED IT!!!!! Just as you think the show is all hilarity, they throw some beautifully poignant songs out there. I think it's funny how out of all the characters of the Great White Way, some people can most relate to puppets! They were all so REAL.

And the cast, wow! Tartaglia is ADORABLE, I LOVED seeing him play the two different characters. And D'abruzzo is just cute as a button!!! Lyon is great, Harada has huge presence, I loved them all! Not a weak link in the entire cast!

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

EponineThenardier Profile Photo
EponineThenardier
#19re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/27/04 at 7:00pm

I remember John saying that he wanted to stay with the show as long as possible. (in the way of the Bad idea Bears....YAY!!!!)

I'm seeing it for the first time in December, hopefully everyone will be there. But if I have to choose, just John would be alright.

Hank
#20re: 'Q' - Revisited !!!
Posted: 6/27/04 at 8:28pm

I only saw this show once, but it was just before the Tony's, and I agree, "The audience was pumped". This usually happens when there are a lot of repeats, or as in my case, know this show very well from the CD.
I can very easily see how this happens. Not only is it a great show all around, but the characters in Q are so darn ruvable, you just want to hang out with them!

One more thing: The Avenue Q website has a really cool screensaver and stuff you can download. Updated On: 6/27/04 at 08:28 PM

Videos