RENT has much to celebrate!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#0RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 12:24pm

On July 12th, the hit musical RENT was celebrating, and for three great reasons!
1) "Queer Eye" culture vulture Jai Rodriguez returned to the show as Angel
2) American Idol 2 botee, Frenchie Davis has begun to reprise her minor but excellent role as the Seasons Of Love solist
and the biggest reason to celebrate?????

RENT IS NOW THE 9TH LONGEST RUNNING SHOW IN B'WAY HISTORY!

Congratulations RENT!

popcultureboy Profile Photo
popcultureboy
#1re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 12:27pm

botee?

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#2re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 12:28pm

It's a southern thing.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 12:29pm

I live in Westchester (right outside of the city)

popcultureboy
#4re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 12:38pm

That's nice. Now what does botee mean?

Nothing precious, plain to see, don't make a fuss over me. Not loud, not soft, but somewhere inbetween. Say sorry, just let it be the word you mean.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#5re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 12:40pm

It mean that thang ya take ta git accross tha bayou.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

WiCkEDrOcKS
#6re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 12:42pm

Hahaha. It means someone who was kicked off of something. Someone who has been BOOTED off. She was kicked off of AI2.

Jo Jo Mandingo
#7re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 12:49pm

Ah - perhaps you should have spelled it "Bootee" (then again, perhaps you should have spelled it "runner-up" or "finalist")

"Botee" sounds like a robot

WiCkEDrOcKS
#8re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 12:50pm

Hhahaaha.

insomniak
#9re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 1:11pm

Happy Birthday, Rent! I hope you recover from your horrible bout of Popstaritis soon!

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#10re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 1:15pm

happy birthday to rent! i really hope it beats out cats and phantom for longest running show.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#11re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 1:26pm

Yay RENT! You go! No day but today!

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#12re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 1:44pm

I am not a fan of stunt casting myself but respect where it's due, Frenchie Davis kicks the sh*t out of Seasons Of Love. What a voice!!!

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

#13re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 1:52pm

Viva La Vie RENT!

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#14re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 1:55pm

Yay RENT!!! A well-deserved title.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

GirlfriendFromCanada
#15re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 2:11pm

Perhaps it is just me, but I'm pretty sure Rent's actual anniversary was in April.

popcultureboy
#16re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 2:13pm

Yes, its anniversary was. But becoming the 9th longest running show isn't the same thing.

insomniak
#17re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 2:16pm

Oh, my bad. Still sleep deprived :)

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#18re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 3:09pm

Hence the name, insomniak.

I do love RENT. Although Frenchie may have a large "booty", I wouldn't call her a bootee, or a botee. They both just sound...odd. I'd call her an ex-Idol. As in ex-parrot.
Nevermind. Shutting up now.

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#19re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 3:17pm

Congrats RENT!

Viva La Vie Bo-RENT! :)

I am just glad reason number three wasnt Drew coming to do Mark in September!! But i am so happy for RENT I'd love to see it move up in the ranks of the longest running shows.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

ItSucks2BAveQ Profile Photo
ItSucks2BAveQ
#20re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:29pm

YEAH RENT! WHAT A GREAT MUSICAL! IT SHOWS HOW DIFFERENT SHOWS BACK THEN ARE FROM THE CRAPPY ONES RIGHT NOW (WICKED OMITTED) COUGH, COUGH AVENUE Q...GO RENT!

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#21re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 5:31pm

Everyone here knows how you feel about AVENUE Q. There is already enough negativity on these boards without you adding to it with each of your posts. Please continue posting if you would like to discuss other shows and your feelings about them, but as I said, we already know how you feel about that particular show.

insomniak
#22re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 7:02pm

Itsucks... don't you already have a specific thread for ave Q hating? Or did it get deleted again?

TheGirlinTheFrock Profile Photo
TheGirlinTheFrock
#23re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 7:26pm

Itsucks..different opinions are always welcome, but bashing a show isnt.

Though scattered and divided we are still its heart...AIDA SEPTEMBER 5th, 2004...one more longing backward glance... I AM NOW "TGIF!"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#24re: RENT has much to celebrate!
Posted: 7/16/04 at 7:28pm

Well said, Matt. re: RENT has much to celebrate!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Videos