pixeltracker

Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?

Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?

BJC899
#0Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 2:31am

Whats the shortest/longest time you had to rehearse for a show?

My shortest was 3 weeks and the longest was 7 months

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#1re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 2:33am

3 whole weeks? I had 3 rehearsals to learn all of The Mikado last year. I was asked to be a part of it a week before it opened, and had only 3 rehearsals until our Tech. I also did this with Mono...NOT RECOMMENDED!

Longest? Probably about 6 weeks. High school stuff.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]
Updated On: 7/25/04 at 02:33 AM

BalletGirl85 Profile Photo
BalletGirl85
#2re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 2:36am

My longest was when I did a very bad dance school production of "Annie" when I was 12 or so. We did "workshop rehearsals" from June through August where we didn't have parts, just kind of rehearsed bad choreography. Then we were cast in late August and rehearsed from September until the show...in March. Haha. I could've had a baby in that amount of time. Except I was 12.

The shortest was four days. I worked at a professional children's theater last summer and we'd do a different show each week. We'd rehearse 9 am till 5 pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, and then do six shows on Saturday and Sunday, have Monday off, and start all over with a new show on Tuesday. It was intense.

shlamdiddly Profile Photo
shlamdiddly
#3re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 11:27am

For a gala award show thing with other schools, at the end of the year we were performing a scene from our fall show, M*A*S*H. I was asked to be in it on a thursday. The perfomance was that sunday...I rehearsed the scene twice.

You aren't feeling overwhelmed are you?

sycorax
#4re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 11:35am

I'm in my shortest right now--one week. (the show's Joseph, so it's not like it's Les Mis or anything, but still.) I'm actually used to doing one week now--longest is something like four months when I was little, and I have no idea how I could possibly ever endured that! I'd quit within a month I would be so sick of everyone and the show.

"It means that the other guys didn't win!" --Jeff Marx on what winning a Tony would mean to him

LadyGuenevere
#5re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 11:57am

Shortest - 10 days

Longest - about 4 months. Best cast I ever worked with, best experience I ever had. What's sad is that after the 4 months, we all promised that we would keep in touch- but it just didn't happen.

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#6re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 2:03pm

shortest- 1 day with the full cast for "Sorry, wrong number" for the other 9 days i had to do all parts save the old lady

longest-3 months in the dead of winter for annie (with completely new staging of NYC every day up until the second performance)

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

~*Triple Star On Broadway*~ Profile Photo
~*Triple Star On Broadway*~
#7re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 2:32pm

Shortest --> 2 weeks...which was ok because we did A Day In HOllywood, A Night In The Ukraine which only had about 7 of us in it.
Longest ---> 3 months...which was HAIR and god help me, 3 months was NOT enough time ahaha

You've gotta have heart AND music

AnothaPartofMe
#8re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 4:38pm

Last night I did the Narrator (I'm a guy) in "Joseph..." three days in advance, after my friend was doing a benefit concert of the show and the woman playing the role was in an accident and wouldn't be able to do the show. Regardless, last night was awesome.

And if she'll say, "My darling, I'm yours!" I'll throw away my striped tie and my best pressed tweed, all I really need is the girl...

JakeB
#9re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 4:47pm

Longest, around 6 months, but only on Saturdays mornings.

Shortest, 2 nights, a short cabaret thing.

Dollypop
#10re: Your shortest/longest rehearsal time?
Posted: 7/25/04 at 5:00pm

I was a replacement for Lazer Wolff in a dinner theater production of FIDDLER. I had the script for a week and then had one 45 minute rehearsal (mostly spent on "To Life") before I went on. I'd done several other productions of the show (but not in this role) so I knew what I was doing. Still, it was not the way I like to rehearse.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

Videos