The Producers Tonight

Broadwayguy62
#0The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 12:07am

Just got home from The Producers below is my review:
Tonight I saw the producers. John Tracy Egan went on as Max and although I am a big fan of Brad Oscar I was very excited to see Mr. Egan version of Max. I was very impressed. He remindered me alot of Nathan Lane with his voice and look. Very impressive Max. Then there is Hunter Foster as Leo Bloom. What can I say The Best Leo Bloom yet and probably the best their will ever be. Gary Beach and Brad Musgrove are both wonderful as Roger and Carmen. I saw Kevin Ligion has Franz and although i did not like him in act 1 he grew on me as the show went on. Overall Show is still as funny as ever and doing great. After the show got to meet the cast. Hunter Foster said he is staying with the show til Jan so please go see him in The Producers you won't be disappointed. Gary Beach will depart as Roger on Sept 29th to go prepare for La Cage. In addition to Beach Musgrove is leaving in three weeks to also begin rehersals as Mercedes in La Cage. O by the way Brad is the best Carmen to date as well. Word also out of the St James has Richard Kind from Spin City as the next Max once Brad Oscar leaves the show in early 05. In addition Mr Oscar is under the weather so anybody going tommorow or thursday will probably see John Tracy Egan as Max but you won't be disappointed.

take care
ak

venticelli Profile Photo
venticelli
#1re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 12:10am

isn't Richard Kind in Sly Fox now? anyone know how long he's committed for? glad to hear the show was good! I'm heading there tomorrow!

"What could a computer do with a lifetime supply of chocolate? I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do with a lifetime supply of chocolate!"

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 12:11am

I agree about Hunter. That man rocks my socks.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 12:13am

Richard Kind as Max and Hunter as Leo...hmmm... re: The Producers Tonight

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

venticelli Profile Photo
venticelli
#4re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 12:19am

you know, I didn't like Hunter at all in Little Shop (I know I know - hsssss boo hssss) so I'm really looking forward to seeing him play Leo Bloom. I've heard good things so far. Is Brad Oscar currently out of the show?

"What could a computer do with a lifetime supply of chocolate? I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do with a lifetime supply of chocolate!"

StrStruckDreamr9 Profile Photo
StrStruckDreamr9
#5re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 12:25am

Yay for Hunter. (End juvenile moment)

TobyRagg Profile Photo
TobyRagg
#6re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 9:02am

I'm so glad that you enjoyed J.T. He is a very close friend of the family and I've seen him perform as Max about 2 years ago. I also saw him as Roger and of course Franz. He is one of the most talented and most charming individuals in the world. He is truly a sweetheart.

BLAST!ismo2 Profile Photo
BLAST!ismo2
#7re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 12:58pm

I am going to see the show Saturday...cant wait!!!!

Has anyone seen any pictures with Hunter as Leo?

StrStruckDreamr9 Profile Photo
StrStruckDreamr9
#8re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 3:04pm

This is all that I've been able to find. You all may have seen it, though.

http://www.geocities.com/dragonssnack/hfoster/prodphoto.htm

Enjoy.

ProducersFan
#9re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/11/04 at 11:12pm

I was at the matinee today and Brad Oscar was in as Max (they posted the notice of him not being in right after the show). He was coughing a little but other than that put in a simply amazing performance. All of the cast members blew me away and the energy was extremely high. Brad and Hunter were amazing together (and how cute is Hunter? I wanted to take him home... re: The Producers Tonight ) and they both put in super strong performances. After seeing Nathan and Matthew I thought no one could come close - but the two of them surpassed all my expectations and much more. And seeing Gary Beach again was being in the presence of a master. *Finally* got to see John (after missing him in March) and he was wonderful - I loved him and such a cutie! When we saw the notice go up that he was taking over for Max in the evening show, I wanted to stay and see it again with him as the lead.

We went to grab some dinner and then returned to the stage door, where some people were waiting, but didn't see anyone come out (although a few people had autographs on their Playbills so I guess I missed them). That was a bummer - but I did get to meet Hugh Jackman and got his autograph (along with like a thousand photos of him as he was signing for the crowd). What a super sweet, and patient!, man.

All in all an amazing day in the city with another amazing performance of my favorite show. I wish I could go back again soon... I hate living 3 hours away...

~Jessica

"If you start from a place of joy and charm, you can get away with a lot in the second act. It may be that that's my life. I'm not sure." ~Roger Bart

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#10re: The Producers Tonight
Posted: 8/12/04 at 12:49am

We need more pictures!

And maybe a sound clip to go along with them. All you people with tickets to the Producers, you know what to do. re: The Producers Tonight j/k

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Videos