wicked stage door

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#0wicked stage door
Posted: 9/15/04 at 6:43am

please don't shoot me i know this has been asked before but i couldn't find it in the search

i'm trying to get to the wicked stage door - if i was planning to go on sunday (only 3:00 matinee) would i be smarter to catch the actors on their way in or wait until afterwards?

how early would i have to be there ahead of time?

thanks in advance!

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

Ebonic_Singer
#1re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/15/04 at 6:52am

I wouldn't go before--apparently they don't like that because they're on their way to work. Idina apparently speaks to NO ONE before the show, and she probably won't come out between shows, so you might not see her, but you'll see everyone else.

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#2re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/15/04 at 6:57am

there's actually no show that night - which is a plus - but thanks for the tip - idina's who i really want to see of course lol!

"Nothing is an accident, We are free to have it all, We are what we want to be, It's in ourselves to rise or fall!!" - "Fortune Favors the Brave" from Aida - the love that never died

phantom3 Profile Photo
phantom3
#3re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/15/04 at 7:47am

I've met Indina... it's not hard, well at least I thought she was really quite nice about it. I think she was the only reason I saw the show in the first place. It might have been severly under written, but she sure can sing.

I remain, Gentlemen, Your obedient servant, O.G.

Spooky
#4re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/15/04 at 8:11am

I believe Idina is out this Sunday though

luvWICKED416 Profile Photo
luvWICKED416
#5re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/15/04 at 10:21am

Yeah, i also heard that she is out this weekend, although i don't know what days that means.
Adamized- for the love of Oz please go and meet her before Jan. 2nd!!! She is sooooooooooo amazing! You'll never fogive yourself if you don't!

cjoyce
#6re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/15/04 at 11:26am

Is there someplace where the "powers that be" post who's scheduled out? How can one find out the proposed absences of leads?

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#7re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/15/04 at 11:32am

You could always call the box office..

i*heart*fame
#8re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/15/04 at 9:47pm

ok, they may not like to be disturbed, but if i went to the stage door before wicked on friday to see one of the swings do you think she would mind if i spoke to her on the way in????? Also...when should I arrive, I was thinking like 5:30, I would like to see one of the old fame cast members who i was close with who is now in Wicked

"Don't thank your parents, if you were raised in a nurturing environment you wouldnt be in show business"--Conan O'Brien at the 2006 Emmy Awards

adamized88 Profile Photo
adamized88
#9re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/16/04 at 12:16am

is there a number for the actual box office? or when is it open so i could stop by earlier on sunday?

thanks again for all the info

VivaBohemia Profile Photo
VivaBohemia
#10re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/16/04 at 12:54am

a Friend of mine is a HUGE Idina fan. She saw a Saturday Matinee and waited to see her afterwards. George came out, and she asked him about Idina. Because of the vocal challenge and costume (its ALOT of green paint afterall...)Idina does not come out between shows so she doesnt have to remove and reapply the make up, and she preserves her voice. Which means no talking to fans between shows or speaking to other castmates. Your best bet is to catch her after the evening show.

*Krissy* **Support the use of illegal wood burning stoves. Get your own metal trash can today!**

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#11re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/16/04 at 1:37am

I use that "preserving my voice" excuse all the time with my co-workers, and it works. Then I use my voice to snark about them behind their backs when they leave. It's fun.

If it makes you feel any better, Adamized, there have been so many encounters with Idina where people have had doors slammed in their faces, ditched because of faulty pens, been pushed, shoved into oncoming traffic, had their dogs killed because they looked like Dodo, etc....you're probably better off not meeting her at all. (I'm only sort of joking.)

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#12re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/16/04 at 1:49am

I hear she has eaten the babies of those who disturb her before a show too, Tiff!

VivaBohemia Profile Photo
VivaBohemia
#13re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/16/04 at 1:54am

In Idina's defense, George took a play bill back for Hilary, along with her address, and Idina sent her three back, signed by the entire cast (one for her, me and her mother lol) and then she wrote her a page letter in response to my friends letter.

*Krissy* **Support the use of illegal wood burning stoves. Get your own metal trash can today!**

Type_A_Tiff
#14re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/16/04 at 2:18am

I hear she has eaten the babies of those who disturb her before a show too, Tiff!

That's gross, inaccurate and unfair, Sweetie. It was only one baby - the green prop used in the labor scene. Apparently she couldn't stand having someone upstage her - even though Kristin and Dorothy's silhouette did it every night.

Get your facts straight before continuing these rumors. JeSUS!

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Ebonic_Singer
#15re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/16/04 at 2:34am

You forgot those faces in the "One Short Day" scene--they upstage the entire show!

sweetiedarlinmia Profile Photo
sweetiedarlinmia
#16re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/16/04 at 2:38am

Wait, it was only one? Man, someone told me she was going all Jonathan Swift, Modest Proposal on people. I'm going to have to talk to my source.

Type_A_Tiff
#17re: wicked stage door
Posted: 9/16/04 at 4:24am

Ebonic - It's very diplomatic for you to use the term "faces". I always thought they looked like bouncing male genitalia but that's just me.

Oh yeah, topic. Seriously, Adamized, don't go before the show. Idina may be mean to you, ignore you, bite you, etc. and what's an even bigger crime against humanity, she might be so distracted by your presence that she can't hit the high F in Defying Gravity and then it's all over. Go afterwards, where she may be more open to talking, even if it is so she can mutter that she needs to find a pen that works.

Videos