anniversery song

nobizlikeshobiz Profile Photo
nobizlikeshobiz
#0anniversery song
Posted: 10/12/04 at 9:29pm

hi, I need song ideas for a 50th wedding anniversey. Broadway is always fun, but it doesn't have to be. I really want to sing the prayer but I have no one to sing it with! And I was considering "the human heart" from Once on this Island, because I just learned it and it would kind of make sense. But anyway, post!

Ways to annoy people: Arrive at a meeting late, say you're sorry, but you didn't have time for lunch, and you're going to be nibbling during the meeting. Then eat raw potatoes. Ask people what gender they are,or Disagree strongly with everything anybody says:)

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#1re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/12/04 at 9:33pm

What about In whatever time we have from children of eden or possibly When I look at you from Scarlet pimpernel

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#2re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/12/04 at 9:43pm

Wow, talk about a romance killer with "When I Look At You." It's about a relationship that's died.

MargoChanning
#3re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/12/04 at 9:48pm

My Cup Runneth Over from "I Do! I Do!"
The Folks Who Live On The Hill by Kern & Hammerstein

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

DollyGirl Profile Photo
DollyGirl
#4re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/12/04 at 9:52pm

Another Day from RENT

HA!!

I've got forty more minutes of home economics Then down with the text books And up with the comics

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/12/04 at 9:53pm

"All I Ask of You" - Phantom of the Opera

And if you want to be humorous, "Timeless to Me" from Hairspray.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Mary_Ethel Profile Photo
Mary_Ethel
#6re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/12/04 at 10:11pm

"You Are Love" from SHOW BOAT.

Its timeless lyrics and lilting tune would fit any romantic occasion.

"I say YOU'RE the CUTEST one. No, I say YOU'RE the CUTEST One. And we go on like that from dawn to three."

Songsstresss Profile Photo
Songsstresss
#7re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/12/04 at 10:18pm

My boyfriend is actually arranging a song for his accapella group to sing at his parent's anniversary. "Longer" by Dan Fogelberg. It's a really beautiful song. Just the first thing that popped into my head!

#8re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/12/04 at 10:25pm

The Human Heart is a perfect song....

When I Look At You is a horrible pick..... it is about love lost and when I see you I see the face of someone I used to love. YIKES!

But also--
In Whatever Time We Have is a good one.

So I guess I second Dickon....

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#9re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/13/04 at 1:09am

you guys are totally right...i'm a little out of it today...i think i was listening to it as i posted...a GOOD choice would be Forever Yours from Once on this Island and previous one i gave... whooo...long day

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#10re: anniversery song
Posted: 10/13/04 at 1:25am

Here's my two cents: "I Turned The Corner" (TMM) and "Not While I'm Around" (Sweeney Todd). I know, I know, I bring that one up a lot, but it's such a lovely song!

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Videos