pixeltracker

Best Character Entrance?- Page 4

Best Character Entrance?

Sally Profile Photo
Sally
#75re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 8:22pm

<< michael crawford getting lowered from the ceiling in a coffin for Dance of the Vampires.>>

The coffin came up through the floor of the stage.

The entrance of the Phantom (played by anyone) in Phantom of the Opera is worth noting. Although he remains behind the mirrow, it is his first appearance on stage.

scottwalker
#76re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 8:23pm

Gary Beach as Hitler in "Springtime For Hitler" in the Producers...Heil Myself,Heil To Me... re: Best Character Entrance?
Tracy in Hairspray.When it first starts and the lights come on.Her "Standing" in bed...Grabbed my attention...and never let go. Updated On: 10/28/04 at 08:23 PM

Rose_MacShane Profile Photo
Rose_MacShane
#77re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 8:46pm

My pick is the cast of CATS, when they all enter during the overture wearing their light-up glasses. When I saw it on Broadway, I was right on the aisle and one row behind the path where the ramp was, so I was literally surrounded. I was over the moon.

http://community.livejournal.com/ltd_brands_suck/

Beanmatt Profile Photo
Beanmatt
#78re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/27/04 at 10:01pm

In Ragtime, after the lyric "there were gazebos, and there were no negroes" after which the people of Harlem literally spill out onto the stage along with Coalhouse at his piano. Love that moment.

Jon
#79re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/28/04 at 8:25am

What makes Maureen's entrance in RENT so effective is the build-up. We've been hearing about her since five minutes into the show. Her former and current lovers have done a duet about how amazing she is. It's now more than halfway through Act I and we FINALLY get to see who the hell this Maureen chick is!

sean martin
#80re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/28/04 at 4:59pm

Katherine Hepburn reflected in a couple of dozen mirrors in COCO.

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#81re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/28/04 at 10:04pm

* Belle's entrance in her gowns at the end of Beauty and the Beast.

* Millie's "modern" appearance in Thoroughly Modern Millie.

* Ulla's audtion appearance in the Producers.

* Curley's first appearance singing "Oh What a Beautiful Mornin'.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

BwayTheatre11
#82re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/28/04 at 10:12pm

From the shows that I have seen, I have to say the whole opening scene of Millie.

CCM '10!

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#83re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/28/04 at 10:33pm

Carla in Nine. (The revival) I have one word to say to the amazing Jane Krakowski: Damn!

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

Sant
#84re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/29/04 at 11:15am

VELMA KELLY in CHICAGO. Brilliant entrance!

CAST in CATS.

GREASEBALL in the London production of STARLIGHT EXPRESS.

THE KING in THE KING AND I revival.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#85re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/29/04 at 7:43pm

I thought Idina's entrance in WICKED was great too...when she just runs on...("we were both..very young")

ponine24601
#86re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/29/04 at 8:06pm

glinda-wicked
millie-TMM
maureen-RENT
phantom-POTO (i love the whole thing with the mirror. it's awesome)

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Mythus
#87re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 10/29/04 at 8:14pm

Forgot to mention Sweeney Todd. The crowd pulls away and suddenly ahhh! There he is, looking incredibly pale and mad.

Gary Beach as Hitler in "Springtime For Hitler" in the Producers

*jumps up and down and stomps foot* He doesn't play Hitler! He plays Roger DeBris, who in turn plays Hitler. It seems trivial, but there's a huge difference.

BEKA531
#88re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 11/9/04 at 10:41pm

maureen's definitely wins, hands down

but i also love elphaba's, when she just runs on, like she's in a rush or its a mistake

fiyero's is good too... no one's mentioned his! when he swings out on that rope and occasionally swings too hard and smashes into the wall?? haha (i hope it's not too painful)

and of course angel with the lights, costume, etc. Updated On: 11/9/04 at 10:41 PM

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#89re: Best Character Entrance?
Posted: 11/9/04 at 10:57pm

i kinda like the wizard's entrance in wicked..when all of a sudden the giant head and booming voice just stop and he stolling out- simple entrances sometimes are good too

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel