i need a rent partner

N0tThatGirl213 Profile Photo
N0tThatGirl213
#50CB threadjack
Posted: 10/22/04 at 10:46pm

True. I've just been really irritated by all the disrespect everywhere lately. I mean, I realize it's justified in some instances, but I get labeled a shill just because my name has an allusion to Wicked in it. I've posted maybe two things about it the whole time I've been here and still...

Anywho...RENT. Yay RENT. Goodbye Love is playing right now. It's coming here in November...on Daphne's birthday, actually, which just happens to be the week after mine. However it's on a school night, and my mom thinks three is way too many...especially after the concert. So it doesn't look likely right now. ::grumbles::

"A little humility wouldn't hurt." --Ellie, Constantine-Hellblazer, "Dangerous Habits"

insomniak
#51CB threadjack
Posted: 10/22/04 at 10:47pm

You can't miss the tour!

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#52CB threadjack
Posted: 10/22/04 at 11:46pm

oh sweetie, you're not missing the tour. november eh? which florida date? (I'm guessing florida. am i right?)

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#53CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 12:06am

For the record, I am on CB, post about once a month, and lead a huge attack on the CBassholes a few weeks ago. I think CB is the new Sonic :)

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

Type_A_Tiff
#54CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 12:17am

Oooh what's your username? Were you successful?

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

TheGaIsSilent Profile Photo
TheGaIsSilent
#55CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 12:21am

Monette.

I was semi-successful. I was just ranting about the CaryGirls and the new ways that the lotto guys cheat.

JOHN LITHGOW I just realized, your last name is Butz! Both "Norbert" AND "Butz" are in your name! You must have gotten picked on a lot as a child!

Type_A_Tiff
#56CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 12:28am

OH I remember that one! Yeah, ouch. Something about some obnoxious girls in line or something right?

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#57CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 2:56am

All posts by 'Monette'

Type_A_Tiff
#58CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 3:08am

oh yes, I remember Monette vs. The World thread very clearly. CB threadjack While I think the "Rent is about niceness, we're all Rent fans, therefore we should be nice" line becomes too much of a cliche, I totally agree with you that a lot of fan behavior is getting OUT. OF. CONTROL. Regardless of whether there was any lotto cheating going on, that sort of behavior from "fans" shouldn't "have" to be tolerated. It gives Rentheads a bad name.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#59CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 2:55pm

Hi! I love REnt too! I'm not as attached to the OBC as some Rentheads are, I think some of the cast I've seen were fabulous...and I haven't had the opportunity to hear the OBC. I want to see Rent sometime soon again...before Jeremy Kushnier exits the show.

jezzebelle
#60CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 3:06pm

Mimi, feel free to PM. I live about 90 minutes away from the city and would love to see RENT with you sometime.

insomniak
#61CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 3:18pm

People, be careful about meeting strangers that you only know online. Bad things can happen.

Mint, don't you own the OBCR? I can't stand Jeremy, personally...

N0tThatGirl213 Profile Photo
N0tThatGirl213
#62CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 3:54pm

That's why you don't do it in a dark alleyway.

I've met lots of people from online...none of them have been creepy.

Unless you count Emcee.
Just kidding.
You know I love you.

"A little humility wouldn't hurt." --Ellie, Constantine-Hellblazer, "Dangerous Habits"

b-way buff Profile Photo
b-way buff
#63CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 9:39pm

rent rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im going to see it for my 17tht ime tommorow, im taking 4 of my employees to see it as a bonus for a good job. none of them have ever seen it so im very excited to take them. i just with it was the obc but the cutrrent cast is doin a pretty good job. of course no one will ever be able to measure up to adam, daphne and the rest of the gang!!!

Forget regret

Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72 Profile Photo
Magical_Ms._Mistoffeles_72
#64CB threadjack
Posted: 10/23/04 at 11:30pm

I am a HUGE theatre head, but have never had the pleasure of seeing RENT. Although I have had the pleasure of listening to it and being educated on it by my RENT head of a best friend. However, if any of you would like to educate me further I am a very willing student

Join me on journey that is the development of my first musical! Twitter/Insta @gimpymusical FB: Gimpy The Musical email @gimpymusical@gmail.com for more info!

Type_A_Tiff
#65CB threadjack
Posted: 10/24/04 at 1:33pm

"However, if any of you would like to educate me further I am a very willing student"

Oh sweetie. You have NO idea what you're about to start. CB threadjack

LilElphaba
#66CB threadjack
Posted: 10/24/04 at 3:12pm

YES!! IDINA MENZEL IS ELPHABA IN WICKED!! lol--- yea she played Maureen in RENT--she was in the original cast--She had to moon Taye Diggs (who of course u know is now her husband)

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

insomniak
#67CB threadjack
Posted: 10/24/04 at 3:15pm

We know and we don't need to hear it again, lilelphaba.

Magical, what do you already know?

LilElphaba
#68CB threadjack
Posted: 10/24/04 at 3:16pm

See look at the pic next to my name--It Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs kissing in her music video Minuet go here to watch it http://search.launch.yahoo.com/search/lsearch/all?p=minuet

(by the way i just changed my pic so its not there anymore)

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.
Updated On: 10/24/04 at 03:16 PM

Type_A_Tiff
#69Whoa, wait a minute.
Posted: 10/24/04 at 9:59pm

YES!! IDINA MENZEL IS ELPHABA IN WICKED!! lol

Wait.

Indina Mendez is in Wicked?

--- yea she played Maureen in RENT--

Umm...she still is. Otherwise how could I still hear her on the original cast recording? (Duh.)

She had to moon Taye Diggs (who of course u know is now her husband)

See, now I KNOW you're wrong because Taye Diggs is not her husband. 1) She's a lesbian. Because she plays one in RENT. 2) Taye's my man.

Type_A_Tiff
#70Come over to the dark side of RENT
Posted: 10/24/04 at 10:02pm

I am a HUGE theatre head, but have never had the pleasure of seeing RENT. Although I have had the pleasure of listening to it and being educated on it by my RENT head of a best friend. However, if any of you would like to educate me further I am a very willing student

Start a new thread. We will flock there and teach you everything fron who sings the best "Glory" down to the color of Mimi's vinyl pants. (You've been warned.)

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#71Come over to the dark side of RENT
Posted: 10/24/04 at 11:37pm

insomniak,

I do have the OBC recording, but there's nothing like the electricity and energy of a live performance. The OBC doesn't do a live performance, however bad, any justice, I think.

I love Jeremy too...his acting and his voice, a bit on the nasal side I thought it would bug me, but it grew on me really...and I thought he did a great job of controlling his voice and it's really powerful.