Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#0Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 10/31/04 at 7:41pm

Ever heard these before?

http://www.stageholding.de/16468.htm - Aida
http://www.stageholding.de/pdo_musicalplayer.aspx - POTO

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611
Updated On: 10/31/04 at 07:41 PM

NYSinger1 Profile Photo
NYSinger1
#1re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 10/31/04 at 7:47pm

Always fun to listen to. I LOVE Les Mis in german.

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#2re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 10/31/04 at 7:48pm

I have the dvd with the deutsch making of.
Very interesting... specially if you understand deutsch XD

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#3re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 10/31/04 at 7:50pm

It's always fun to listen to cast recordings in other languages. Or sound clips, at least, because I don't have any recordings in other languages.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#4re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 10/31/04 at 7:54pm

Today, the spanish version of Mamma Mia started his previews.
And of course is in spanish

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

dididda Profile Photo
dididda
#5re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 10/31/04 at 10:41pm

oh lordy, that just about made my night!
those are great!

""the gays love their presents. just wave something shiny in front of their faces, you can get whatever you want. Thats how we got manhattan from the gay indians" -Karen (W&G)"

edenespinosalover Profile Photo
edenespinosalover
#6re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 10/31/04 at 10:57pm

wow...those were....interesting

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#7re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/1/04 at 12:37am

I listened to the German Cast Recording of Aida not too long ago. Amneris on there sounds AMAZING. What a belter.

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

Herbert_Von_Krolock Profile Photo
Herbert_Von_Krolock
#8re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/1/04 at 9:02am

I've had copies of the Original German Casts for Aida, POTO and a few others for some time now. Most of the time they're as good if not better vocals than some of the English speaking ones. The only time it runs into problem is if something has to be changed for translation (especially humour) and then the song meaning takes a slightly different direction, still a good song but different.

Totale finsternis, ein meer von gefuehl und kein land

QueenMuppet
#9re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/1/04 at 10:41am

The German translations tend to be horrendous, I cannot help myself but laugh at them most of the time.

Most German casts have British or American performers playing the leads, so their pronunciation is extremely difficult to understand in the first place. re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German

QM

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

suzycat Profile Photo
suzycat
#10re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/1/04 at 12:30pm

Yay - Here's Mamma Mia!
Mamma Mia in German!

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#11re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/1/04 at 12:45pm

Those were really cool to listen to! Thanks for the links!

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

UDJAT Profile Photo
UDJAT
#12re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/2/04 at 12:38pm

This is so weird, interesting but WEIRD!!!

fiyeros_elphaba Profile Photo
fiyeros_elphaba
#13re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/2/04 at 2:25pm

hey guys..since I'm from Berlin(Germany)this is not new to me. It's true that they have a lot of Brits and Americans in the leads..not so much as they used to though. There are some very good German performers though,too.

*Peter Pan and Tinker Bell-which way to NeverNeverLand?Emerald City's gone to hell,since the Wizard blew off his command!

Seany Profile Photo
Seany
#14re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/2/04 at 4:06pm

The German Radames sounds a lot like Adam Pascal.

There's a light in the darkness of everybody's life.

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#15re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/5/04 at 1:44pm

Although I don't think she is as prettyas Sherie Renee Scott, Maricel is by far the best Amneris EVER!

I loved Sherie in the role and did not think anyone could EVER be better, then I heard Marivel. The clip on the site does not let you hear it but at the end of the song she goes so high and is so perfect. Also, her Die Wahrheit (I Know the Truth) is absolutely amazing!

The Aida (Judith Lefeber) is good, but doesn't have that "roughness" like Heather Headley, Simone, or even Deborah Cox. I found in werid that there are two Radames and two Amneris but only one Aida - whereas Broadway is the opposite.

Bernhard Forcher is a very good Radames and Kristian Vetter is a good Zoser. Sean Parkins also plays Mereb very well.

This cast definately gives the OBC a run for its money!

"I've often said I should put sweets in my chair - they'd spend less time on my a** that way....." ~F.W.B.

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#16re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/5/04 at 1:45pm

Giving the OBC a run for its money? Man, I'd better check this out.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

clarky Profile Photo
clarky
#17re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/5/04 at 2:10pm

The Clips are from the Original German Cast Recording. Its Florence Kasumba as Aida and Matthias Edenborn as Radames. Not Judith Lefeber and Bernhard Forcher. They are the current leads.

QueenMuppet
#18re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/5/04 at 2:44pm

I saw the Original German Cast of Aida on TV not so long ago (don't ask me for their names, I can't remember them).

I thought Amneris was great but didn't like the girl who played Aida at all. And Radames was too campy and therefore slightly unconvincing. Always thought he'd be more after Mereb than Aida!

QM

luvtheEmcee
#19re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/5/04 at 2:45pm

Did he do the "sailing hands," QM? re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German

QueenMuppet
#20re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/5/04 at 3:20pm

LOL - Emcee! NOTHING, and not even the campiest German Radames can beat the 'sailing hands' re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German

QM

luvtheEmcee
#21re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/5/04 at 3:23pm

Oh, I was hoping that SOMEONE would out-do that campiness. Apparently I wish for too much!

QueenMuppet
#22re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/5/04 at 3:27pm

Forget it. The 'sailing hands' will remain THE campiest and queen-like gesture EVER to be seen on a stage. There.

QM

Ebonic_Singer
#23re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/5/04 at 3:27pm

Anyone have anything in español? (spanish)

BroadwayBaby6 Profile Photo
BroadwayBaby6
#24re: Hear Aida and POTO Clips in German
Posted: 11/10/04 at 1:24am

I've got one better...How about My Fair Lady in Hebrew? The rock singer "Rita" who sings the role of Eliza sounds like Yoko Ono on crack.

http://www.jewishmusic.com/sound/hbvar10d_03.rm

"It does what a musical is supposed to do; it takes you to another world. And it gives you a little tune to carry in your head. Something to take you away from the dreary horrors of the real world. A little something for when you're feeling blue. You know?"