pixeltracker

Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments

Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments

TheaterGeek91
#0Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 6:06pm

Well here's mine: When Rent first came out, I bought the CD knowing absolutely nothing about the show. The first time I listened to it, I thought Angel was a girl. But hey, we all make mistakes, right?

Any others?

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#1re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 6:15pm

I also thought Angel was a girl! I listened to Les Mis knowing nothing about the show and I got Enjrolas and Jean Valjean confused, and I pronounced Eponine wrong.

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#2re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 7:24pm

haha well thinking Angel was a girl is not bad...since she was a transvestite (sp?). I dont know about any of my embarassing moments, but if i have the toughest time with unique names in musicals. I always mispronounced Radames, Animeres, Eponine, and probaby some others. Heck, i probably just spelled all those names wrong. re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

Musetta1957 Profile Photo
Musetta1957
#3re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 7:40pm

"Heck, i probably just spelled all those names wrong."

No, just Amneris.

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#4re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 7:41pm

You also spelled Amneris worng! Wink wink hehe

I thought this was our personal embarrassing - I'll do that ok!

I'm doing a revue - did a revue - and one of the songs was My Strongest Suit - and I was wearing a bikini under the towel. Anyway, I was singing and raised my arms up and the towel fell and somehow pulled the bikini top down with it!

Luckily it was only a dress (or undress hahaha - jk) rehearsal

"I've often said I should put sweets in my chair - they'd spend less time on my a** that way....." ~F.W.B.
Updated On: 11/13/04 at 07:41 PM

hush_ethel Profile Photo
hush_ethel
#5re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 7:55pm

i was in a dress rehersal for les mis one year and during "master of the house" i was supposed to stand and dance on a chair, and when i got up on it, i totally lost my ballance, so i not only flew off the chair, i grabbed one of my friends on the way down and the two of us landed with the chair with a loud crash. once again, thank god it was only a dressrehersal! Updated On: 11/13/04 at 07:55 PM

Brodybaby03 Profile Photo
Brodybaby03
#6re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 8:23pm

I fell of the bed and cut my right butt cheek open on a steel bookcase while I was singing SALLY SIMPSON...in THE WHO'S TOMMY...But damn it I kept on singin!

N0tThatGirl213 Profile Photo
N0tThatGirl213
#7re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 8:27pm

I didn't get the "Well Hungarians" or "meatless balls" jokes in RENT until a good six months after I had become obssessed with it. And it had nothing to do with me being innocent and everything to do with me being oblivious.

"A little humility wouldn't hurt." --Ellie, Constantine-Hellblazer, "Dangerous Habits"

#8re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 8:55pm

i was in a student directed one act play in my highschool a couple years ago and on closing nite i slipped on a card board box that was on the stage as a prop and totally fell making a really loud noise bruising my hip and the whole full house first gasped cuz it was a really hard fall and then laughed soooo much my fellow actors told me it was soo hard for them not to laugh too. they actually got mad that i "upstaged" them. if that wasnt bad enough cuz it was closing someone had filmed it and brought it to the cast party and they were showing my fall over and over again....ugh it is funny now that i think bout it but boy was that embarrassing

momtobwwannabee
#9re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 8:58pm

Certainly not an on-stage happening, but being the good mom to a BW obsessed 12 year old, Santa left her her very own copy of Avenue Q. In the effort to never admit what she really did not want me to know she knew, she decided one of Santa's elves must have been playing a trick. Dumb me. I mean puppets and all, who would have thought it inappropriate?

Ad_Libbing
#10re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 9:00pm

Wait... Well Hungarians is a joke? xD

Well, if I haven't just made a fool of myself, I've got something else: while listening to RENT in the car, the line in La Vie Boheme that goes "to leather, to dildos" happened, and my lovely parents fell dead silent before my mom asked my friend and I, "Do you know what a dildo is?"

"'But do you really mean, sir,' said Peter, 'that there could be other worlds --all over the place, just round the corner-- like that?'

'Nothing is more probable,' said the Professor..."

-The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

N0tThatGirl213 Profile Photo
N0tThatGirl213
#11re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 9:02pm

Yeah, I did that too.

Were you serious about Well Hungarians?

"A little humility wouldn't hurt." --Ellie, Constantine-Hellblazer, "Dangerous Habits"

BwayLeadman
#12re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 10:18pm

I thought HAIRSPRAY was about a Beauty Shop...

FosseBoi
#13re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 11:05pm

I was doing ONCE UPON A MATTRICE and it was during "Shy". I was dancing with Winnifred, who had just came in from the "lake" and was dripping water every where but mainly in one surtin spot. I was on stage right and she was on stage left, we had to jump in the air and kick up(its hard to explane) two times. Well on the 2nd time I happend to be in the spot where she had been dripping a lot of water. When I came down, I slipped and fell very loudly on the stage! I recovered VERY well by SPRINGING up off the stage! Everyone told me that I bounced up. This was during a real show!! It was a high-light of my life! I love looking back on it and laughing at it! :)

"I've always secretly longed for an actress to get to the top of the cherry picker and projectile vomit all over the guards below."- Wonderwaiter in the "Defy Gravity?" thread. ~~~~~~~~My dream? Sutton Foster as Cassie in A Chorus Line

mvillalobos2004 Profile Photo
mvillalobos2004
#14re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 11:18pm

Picture it! New Hampshire, 1996! Summer Stock. DAMN YANKEES! "Shoeless Joe from Hannibal, Mo." BIG dance break. The "butch" baseball team explodes into a FABULOUS Fosse dance routine (like they will) and pretends to be checking out Gloria, the sassy reporter's rack instead of Sohovick's impressive Chelsea pecs. I'm dancing smack-dab in the middle, front line. Like an ass, I think I'm hot **** because my white-with-blue-pin-stripes baseball uniform pants made my ass look soooooooo tight and my basket look about the size of a grapefruit. So, I'm dancing for Jesus! Not even matinee-marking! Sweat and everything! I was dancing like Jean-Benet Ramsey after a rousing maternal "If you don't win this stinkin' pagent I'm sending you to your cage in the basement without supper to sift through the ashes again!" speech. You get the drift. Well, actually EVERYONE in the theater got the DRIFT when a silly old stomach virus started beating my large intestins against a rock until it's contents made a very enthusiastic entrance down-stage center via my tight and VERY WHITE pants! Moral: Old Shrimp-cocktail and musical theatre DON'T mix.

"The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not..."

CaMi MiAmI
#15re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/13/04 at 11:18pm

1. Today I was performing Thoroughly Modern Millie for the millionth time with my touring group and Only in New York is a Trio that i'm not in and I walk on stage thinking I was in it so once I was there I thought i should pretend I was... then i finally decided to leave it was horrible
2. I was cinderella in Into the Woods and I completely ate it taking my bow but since she falls like twice in the play people thought it was on purpose so i did it every night lol

Ad_Libbing
#16re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/14/04 at 12:11am

If you were talking to me, Notthatgirl, I'm embarrassed to say that, no, I'm not kidding about Well Hungarians... I can't figure out what's so funny about it, even saying it slow.

And they say that ignorance is bliss!

"'But do you really mean, sir,' said Peter, 'that there could be other worlds --all over the place, just round the corner-- like that?'

'Nothing is more probable,' said the Professor..."

-The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe

mvillalobos2004 Profile Photo
mvillalobos2004
#17re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/14/04 at 12:48am

Well-hung, Arians!

Well-hung: Male who is well-endowed
Arians: Germanic Caucasians

"The choice may have been mistaken, the choosing was not..."
Updated On: 11/14/04 at 12:48 AM

nobizlikeshobiz Profile Photo
nobizlikeshobiz
#18re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/14/04 at 12:53am

ahhh! ok I didn't get it either and I get it now. I wasn't going to say anything though...but thanks for that, villa! omg, that's hard to catch though, isn't it? It's a little too clever

Ways to annoy people: Arrive at a meeting late, say you're sorry, but you didn't have time for lunch, and you're going to be nibbling during the meeting. Then eat raw potatoes. Ask people what gender they are,or Disagree strongly with everything anybody says:)

xanado_girl Profile Photo
xanado_girl
#19re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/14/04 at 12:53am

I was the Mayor's Wife in a production of Bye Bye Birdie. I was supposed to faint into my husbands arms when Birdie sang to me. Well I fainted and my husband forgot that he was supposed to catch me and lay me down gently on the stairs. He dropped me and I made a ridiculously loud thud and to top it all off my dress flew up and I didn't realize it. So I layed there with my dress up and legs open(as choreographed) for the rest of the scene! I heard some of the cast laughing on stage and had no idea why until the lights went down. Very embarassing.

"Is it your booty? Is that what it is? Is it that booty of yours? I hope it is!"-Zanna, Don't!

BlueEyedKate
#20re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/14/04 at 12:00pm

Mine was during "Bye Bye Birdie"...during "How Lovely to be a Woman", I started to switch my clothes (out of the dress and into a sweater and capri pants)...and I couldn't do it for the life of me! I couldn't get the sweater on over the top, I started to stick my head in the arm sleeve for whatever reason, and I couldn't get the dress undone in time - it was a complete disaster! By the end of the song, I had the sweater halfway on, the dress still on, and the capri pants partly up. Not at all cool.

momtobwwannabee
#21re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 11/14/04 at 2:02pm

My daughter's costume got caught on doorknob as she was charging off stage last summer. Thank God for strong set, when her overall strap caught, she was jerked back, but luckily set did not move, her clothes just tore! I did not notice from audience!!!

lizheartsu Profile Photo
lizheartsu
#22re: Your Embarassing Theatrical Moments
Posted: 1/21/05 at 10:28pm

wow, i just figured it out thanks to you guys. I tought angel was a girl.....

*I don't care if I'm ever rich or famous, I just wanna be a star*

Videos